Thread: PS3 DELAY...well, in Europe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 PS3 DELAY...well, in Europe. 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    I don't know if you guys already know, it was announced yesterday. I didn't see any threads on it, but I really didn't check....so anyways.

"Sony has officially announced that its next-gen Playstation 3 system will have a four month delay in Europe. Originally set to launch in November of this year, it will now arrive in March of next year.

The console was due to launch worldwide on November 17th which was seen as a pretty massive feat by anyones standards. However the launch in European territories including Russia, the Middle East, Africa and Australasia will now take place in a yet un-announced date in March of next year.

Launch dates for Japan and North America will remain the same, which are November 11th and November 17th respectively.

The revision of the launch date is caused by the delay in the mass production schedule of the blue laser diode within the Sony Group, thus affecting the timely procurement of key components to be utilised in the console.

The previously announced shipment forecast of 6 million units globally within the fiscal year ending 2007 has not changed (they expect to sell alot of consoles for Japan and America).

As you can see, Sony remains confident the target of 6 million systems sold is still achievable by the end of 2007. "

Original link http://www.clubskill.com/Game_News/4...%20in%20Europe
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker jrmdb3's Avatar
    Wow, crazy.
    Hopefully they won't delay it anyfurther back, or worse; delay the US release!

Your fellow PSPMod.com Super Moderator. -Jrmdb3
    "Live life to the fullest"
    GAMERTAG: Jrmdb3

Sony truly would be fucked if they did. At this point I'm still uncertain about the PS3's future. Of course it'll sell out at first, but we need to see how it's holding up come next christmas.

For some reason, I think people are going to get the Wii and 360 rather than the PS3.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    how many rational parents would actually buy their kid a $600 ps3? I think the only people that are gonna shell out the dough for it is the hardcore gamers and sony fanboys, so mostly adults, or rediculously rich teenagers. I know my parents wouldn't have bought me one, and when I was working during the summer, it would have taken a whole month for me to be able to afford one, thank god for freebie sites, lol, which reminds me I need to get started on those soon, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by n8thegr8
    I think the only people that are gonna shell out the dough for it is the hardcore gamers and sony fanboys, so mostly adults, or rediculously rich teenagers.
    So you are saying that only rich teenagers will buy a PS3. I know for sure that I'm not rich, i've got 1,000 in the bank (all from working)...and I would the PS3 if I wasn't saving up money for my Europe trip and college.

All that being said, I might not even be able to get a wii for a long while, which really sucks. I'd rather have a kick-ass time in europe and spend some money on a wii once I get back ;0

Long story short, a teenager doesn't have to be rich to buy a PS3.

ah, you would buy a ps3, but you are not because you have better things to spend $600 on. That was my point. yeah, like I said, either hardcore gamers, rich teenagers, or adults are going to buy it, casual gamers won't pay $600 for a ps3, when they could easily buy a decent laptop for that price, or a wii and a 360, and most parents aren't gonna buy it for their kids. If they hadn't gone so gung-ho with the bluray, it would've been much cheaper and within most people's budget, but just like they did with beta, I think they're gonna lose this format war too.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    they really could have gotten away with dvd's still. i dont mind a multi dvd game. and all the "extra content" they intend to offer on the ps3 disks could easly be made avalible online and downloadable instead of taking a gamble on a new format
    R.I.P Zoidberg

I dunno, the games for it really aren't all that much graphically better than the 360, so i don't understand why they'd need that much extra space. I think on of the major reasons for them going to blue-ray is to try and stop piracy, but I'd bet within 6 months the bluray firmware'll be hacked to run backups just like the 360.

most likely. cant stop a determined hacker
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Quote Originally Posted by n8thegr8
    ah, you would buy a ps3, but you are not because you have better things to spend $600 on. That was my point. yeah, like I said, either hardcore gamers, rich teenagers, or adults are going to buy it, casual gamers won't pay $600 for a ps3, when they could easily buy a decent laptop for that price, or a wii and a 360, and most parents aren't gonna buy it for their kids.
    Ah, you misunderstood me. Fuck, I want to buy all three. but in all honesty, at this point in time gaming isn't my priority, school and work are my priorities. Also, I don't know what I'm going to get, if I even get one. I'm going to have to wait 'till next summer/fall to decide which console to invest my money on. I'm probobly only going to buy one console, Maybe XB or PS3 and a wii (but I doubt it), just like last generation. I got my PS2 and probably bought around 50 games for it (almost all used ). I just need to see how the consoles do in the market. I know people that think the 360 sucks, and are nintendo fanboys that plan on getting a PS3 and a wii. But basically, it doesn't have anything to do with your monitary background. If you find something you want, you will work your hardest to get it. I know people in my situation that are working their ass off to get all three consoles (which I think is idiotic if you have to work that much...but whatever). Anyways, if I really really begged for a PS3 my parents would get one for me. It would probobly be a christmas/birthday present. You say that Casual gamers won't pay 600$, which I think is somewhat true, but you must think about a casual gamer's mind. I am willing to bet that they know that Sony is a good gaming company, and are well established. If they had a good experiance with a Sony T.V. or computer then it is very possible for them to go with the "for sure' good console and pay the 600$ rather than take a chance on some new game type (wii), or a relative newcomer (microsoft). Microsoft has more potential than the Wii of pulling in a casual customer however.

Long story short, money doesn't play a matter in a console's sale, unless you are dirt poor.

Phew, I don't feel like proofreading it and you will probobly find it repetitive and drab. Don't worry, you aren't alone.

rx7
    I'd love to get a PS3 when they are released, but I'll wait for the price drop.. I don't need it that bad. All the rich people will get a ps3 just to say they have one. With that being said, Rich people will most likely buy all 3 systems. NOT just a ps3.

CF 3.51 m33...

i think alot of casual gamers will be buying the ps3 just because of the titles that are worth playing. people like certain series of games like metal gear, silent hill, gran turismo, etc. the people that are into those titles will most likely go out and buy the ps3 after its first price drop. the casuals are proly gonna pass on it at first just cause of the huge price tag and spring for a wii
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member I Modded My PSP bond109's Avatar
    i posted a thread on this yesterday
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKOUT
    we do not discuss isos because they are illegal, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by bond109
    i posted a thread on this yesterday
    You posted a thread on how the delay will affect the psp download service.

xD

Senior Member I Modded My PSP mofo196's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matrixsucks
    You posted a thread on how the delay will affect the psp download service.

xD
    --
    Oh people, know that you have committed great sins. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast