Thread: nintendo ds question

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 nintendo ds question 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker the begginer's Avatar
    im going to get a nintendo ds just wondering which, is the one u can put homebrew on the silver one or the light, or what do u have to look for to be able to put homebrew, i would really appreciate the help
    IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT BOTH PSP PHAT OR SLIM PM ME.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    oh damn... ds homebrew hurts much as an asspain.
    you have to buy an sd card, a reader, a magickey reader, alot of things, which in total could cost even more than the ds itself.

the ds doesnt care for homebrew, since its an external drive adding.

Quote Originally Posted by zubieta
    ds homebrew hurts much as an asspain.
    hahahahahaha, lawlz, that was hilarious zub, thanks for the laugh

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    ds is more of a game console then what the psp is. i noticed it has a shit load of pda qualities as well as just games. psp is a game console/tool, while the ds is just a game system
    R.I.P Zoidberg

yeah, not to mention that it's woefully underpowered when compared with the psp, i mean look at the difference:

NFS:mw psp

NFS:mw DS

If you ask me, it looks about like the difference between n64 and ps2. and because the psp has so much more power and capabilities than the ds, the homebrew following is larger, and thus better and more homebrew apps and games. and yet I still feel somewhat compelled to get one, wtf? damn you nintendo...

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    plus the dual screen is annoying
    R.I.P Zoidberg

yeah, it really is, I don't know why anyone would ever look at the bottom one, I've played several games on it, and to me, the bottom screen functionality in all of them seemed somewhat frivelous and pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by n8thegr8
    hahahahahaha, lawlz, that was hilarious zub, thanks for the laugh
    hellz yeah... my cousin bought a ds to try to manage it for homebrew applications... i think he is about 99 percent more stressed than the usually I am, with the half of the hair he used to have, and of course an empty wallet,
    and still cant realize the way to make ds homebrew to work, or if things he bought were correct of if he messed up something.

DS HOMEBREW HURTS AS ASSPAIN
    HELLZ YEAH

lol, I think asspain and douchefag are my new favorite words, who knew that pspmod could extend your vocabulary in such a way? lol

Senior Member I Modded My PSP coheed's Avatar
    I really love my ds, not to diss Sony, but the game selection is obviously more extensive/fun! I just got Star fox and that game fucking rules. I use the bottom screen a lot in most of the games I have, the only one's I don't are Mario 64 and New SMB. As for Metroid and Star fox you have to, that's how you move/aim. I can't wait for Zelda the Phantom Hour Glass, and FF III. And WiFi is so much easier to use. You don't have to go through a bunch of shit. I mean you have to set it up, but it runs all of the codes you need off of the router, all I did was put in the WEP key and I was blasting fuck-sticks out of the sky in no time!!

PSP Bricked, But Looking For New One!!!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Cloud Strife's Avatar
    mine is jiggaboo lol saw it in white chicks lol

Click the image above to play this fun fun game! and remember to put the referal number 6506 and the promo code 6506!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    Here comes sir demondude777 to clear it all up.

The DS is not a pain to homebrew. There are a lot of things you can get...but you really only need 2 items to run homebrew

First off you don't need an sd card reader unless you get a gba cart that uses sd cards to store info.

If you want to homebrew your DS...this is what I recommend:

- Get a Passcard 3 for the DS slot. It is the size of the game and is used as a pass device to let the DS run homebrew. It works on DS and DS Lite. If you are going to get anything else then you will have to know what firmware your DS has. It is easy to find out...but don't bother. Passcard 3 owns. You can find it for $20-$30

- Get an M3 SD movie player or M3 mini-sd if you have SD or mini-SD cards lying around or want maximum space. Make sure it is an M3. and not something cheap like the "GBA Movie Player". $65-$80

- Get an SD card if you don't already have one...nowadays you can find 2GB cards on sale for like $30-$40.

- Get an SD card reader if you don't have one lying around. $10-$15

BUT

- If you don't want the M3 then gt the G6....get the G6 lite if you have a DS Lite so that it site flush with the system. No SD cards needed but it only gives you 512 megs. $70-$80

I am using the M3 and the software couldn't be easier to use....it is not much tougher than the PSP...just can be overwelming with all the things out available for it. So:

1. Get a Pascard 3
    2. Get a M3 SD movie player
    3. Plug and play

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

Here comes sir demondude777 to clear it all up.

The DS is not a pain to homebrew. There are a lot of things you can get...but you really only need 2 items to run homebrew

First off you don't need an sd card reader unless you get a gba cart that uses sd cards to store info.

If you want to homebrew your DS...this is what I recommend:

- Get a Passcard 3 for the DS slot. It is the size of the game and is used as a pass device to let the DS run homebrew. It works on DS and DS Lite. If you are going to get anything else then you will have to know what firmware your DS has. It is easy to find out...but don't bother. Passcard 3 owns. You can find it for $20-$30

- Get an M3 SD movie player or M3 mini-sd if you have SD or mini-SD cards lying around or want maximum space. Make sure it is an M3. and not something cheap like the "GBA Movie Player". $65-$80

- Get an SD card if you don't already have one...nowadays you can find 2GB cards on sale for like $30-$40.

- Get an SD card reader if you don't have one lying around. $10-$15

BUT

- If you don't want the M3 then gt the G6....get the G6 lite if you have a DS Lite so that it site flush with the system. No SD cards needed but it only gives you 512 megs. $70-$80

I am using the M3 and the software couldn't be easier to use....it is not much tougher than the PSP...just can be overwelming with all the things out available for it. So:

1. Get a Pascard 3
    2. Get a M3 SD movie player
    3. Plug and play

1.ds list of homebrew isnt even 1/6th of the psp homebrew list.
    2.well, do the math of what you have to buy:
    passcard 3 ($30)
    m3 sd movie player ($75)
    sd 2g ($40)
    sd card reader ($15)
    total: 160 bucks, even more than the ds itself!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    True...it is but consider that the PSP is more than the DS, and you have to buy a memory stick for the PSP too.

In the end, the PSP does come out cheaper....by about $50 if you get a 1gb stick for it. Also, the PSP has a lot more homebrew on it but I find myself playing my DS more and more for the DS games, GBA games -perfect emulation- and a few select homebrew that are very well put together.

That Zelda homebrew I posted a few weeks back kills anything that I have played on PSP. I love my PSP, but I love my DS too. And I would highly recommend anyone homebrewing both if they have both the systems.

With all the TA-082s and firmware updates, the PSP has become just as tough to homebrew. A lot of people that buy their PSPs new these days have to wait for their firmware to be cracked....then get all the files necessary to downgrade. That is assuming that they didn't drop $200 on one that can't be downgraded.

Any DS or DS Lite out there can be homebrewed. I can't imagine how much it would suck to get a TA-082 new for $200, only to find i have to buy another PSP just to do homebrew....that is serious $$$!

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

I am now your love cleric.

well it depends, because I bought a psp with a busted screen for $50, replaced the screen for $40, and got a 2gb card for $45, so altogether $135. that's what, about $5 more than a new ds, and bout $30 less than a ds lite?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast