Thread: Wookie Cookies?

1. #1 Wookie Cookies? 
    Star Wars dvds out today, again... again?

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/r...s20060503.html

Well I just went to Circuit City and made my contribution to the George Lucas' welfare fund. He should be able to buy several boxes of Wookie Cookies and Twilek Twinkies now.

I really like the nice litho-poster prints that Circuit City gave away with the DVDs (and the way I had to search around the store to find them) They are a lot larger than I expected. I also scored a very large poster (that probably wasn't meant to be free) but they gave it to me anyway.

Honestly, I was more excited about the season 1 Voltron DVD box that I bought today also. Then I decided to go ahead and pop Eps IV in my DVD player and I am very satisfied with the quality. Again, of course they don't look like the greatest thing in the world, but the are more than acceptable. Remember we asked for unaltered. I'm fine with this and through buying Star Wars DVDs for quite some time. I'm not even interested in the HD world right now.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    This is out of hand. It drives me crazy when companies release a dvd, then a year later release the Director's Cut. Then next year they release the "Special Edition" Director's Cut...and so forth.

It is awesome that they are releasing the origionals finally...but enough! They should have done this from the first day. (And by they I mean all DVDs should come complete from day one. No buying it 5 or 6 times.)

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    already have the original trilogy on dvd
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member I Modded My PSP darkhunter084's Avatar
    Well now that this is like the 3rd or 5th special edition to come out since 1997 when the first special edition set came out on VHS but everytime they do come out with them it seem that the sound, picture quality, ect. seems to get better. I think they are just trying to improve them... maybe too much though.
    Wake up Mr. Freeman... Not that you were really sleeping...

actually this set of releases is the original trilogy. as in the first editions released in the 70s and 80s. they did a remake trilogy a few years back and you got that set if u bought the chrome/gold trilogy that came out last year. these 3 are worth buying if u appreciate the orignal masters. i got the originals on laserdisk, which is the best version so i dont intend to get the dvds anytime soon
    R.I.P Zoidberg

I thought about laserdisc but don't want the hassel of buying one of Ebay. I'm happy with these dvds. Even though they are the original and not remastered, they look pretty good.

thats why theyre good. theyre not remastered. its the 100% original untouched releases that the movie therters saw 20 yrs ago
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    Laserdisk? Wow...I haven't heard about those in a long time. My parents have Flashdance and Duran Duran videos on laserdisk...who wants them?

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    I actually have a laserdisc player, lol. my grandma and grandpa own a furniture/appliance store and had a crapload of old laserdiscs and players, good stuff, lol.

now was laserdisk halfway between vhs and dvd. Like vhs quality on a disk?

its better then vhs w/ improved sound, but not as good as dvd. it was a dvd stepping stone in other words
    R.I.P Zoidberg

ah Ic.

You know what I wish came to canada and the states
    this bad boy
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_%28DVR%29
    now I would want this. Sorta like laser disk just a stepping stone between the ps2 and ps3...

wait, lol, I got confused, it wasn't a laserdisc, it was a selectavision (rca, being that my gma and gpa's store was an rca dealer) like these:

we actually had that exact same disc of the hobbit, lol. they used to have a whole room full of tv's, and we'd always go in there and turn the same thing on on every tv, lol, that was the shit, *sigh* I miss those days...