Thread: Possibly Efects of global warming? Tornados and hurricanes where they shouldnt be?

1. #1 Possibly Efects of global warming? Tornados and hurricanes where they shouldnt be? 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Well, we thought It was impossible, but I think that the tropical zone will be the first affected, in fact, its now real.

Yesterday, as colombia local news confirmed, several tornados (4~7) began to take form in the atlantic/andes zone, fact that its impossible due to climatic conditions on these areas, because there never happens temperature changes (cold/heat~heat/cold) that its the first thing needed to the formation of a tornado.
    now 3 tornados are happening about some few miles under the first location, and keep comig south.
    this is impossible, also by the location of this country on the globe

We're at the nearest tropic over the equator, and our climate conditions would never allow to present tornados...

recent studies have proof that the temperature here and in the countries around (venezuela, equator, panama) is changing, from places(in the coast) that used to be about 30ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬à ¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â° C have came down to 25ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬à ¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â° C or lower (coast are now more cold)
    and places that used to be 14ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬à ¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â° C~20Cƚ ° are now at the 20's or 25's
    This extreme changes of temperature could be the signal of new tornadoes from now to the near future, and even more natural dissasters...

Also a recent study made in the coast proof that the current of the caribean sea is stopping, is being stuck by the mix of salt and pure water, thing that leads to anormal temperature changes all around the world.

around 8 tornados have formed around the country in the last 48 hours, this count doesnt include those tornados unconfirmed, that could increase the number to 10...

The country waits to an official speech of the president with the hope of this event being classificated as public calamity...

PAGE IN .PDF WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE PHOTOS OF THE FIRST 2 TORNADOS ON FRIDAY

http://www.elheraldo.com.co/hoy060917/fotos/1asep17.PDF

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    I never believed in global warming. I would say it is more a freak act of nature. Much like one of the biggest earthquakes in US history was in Missouri, this was problaly some fluke hazard of nature.

Problem is you can't prove that it is the first time it has ever happened; you can't prove that it won't happen again; you can't prove that it will; and you can't prove that it is nature being random.

Sating that it is impossible for it to happen could be incorrect. How long have they been studying this trend? Years? Decades? Centuries? Eons? My guess would obviously have to be the first..if that.

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Zelly's Avatar
    who cares about global warming when or if it happens we will be dead so why should we care now not our problem

Senior Member I Modded My PSP lead2gold's Avatar
    Thankfully the majority of the population of this earth doesn't think like Zelly. I'd hate to see what this planet looked like if everyone didn't care.

Apparently the history of our earth show climates that spike in both directions... it seems like were in the era were it is spiking in higher temp. I don't think it's something to worry about though. I think the media and greenpeace just found a way to make a buck for the time being.

The day we have a cooler summer, we'll be hearing nothing except about the coming ice age.....*sighs*

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Zelly's Avatar
    this is like the day after tomorrow but its 2 days before the day after tomorrow

lol, and I suppose you believe the "hole" in the ozone layer is getting bigger as well? It's just mother nature's time of the month, she's just bein bitchy like she always has been:

http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/1...y_Is_Pointless

Terrorism isn't the world's greatest threat, it's nature. always has been, always will be.

although this could be just a cycle, and I am skeptical that we are responisble for all of this, what we are dumping in the air is not good. we area hurting ourselves and the enviroment even if global warming is not our fault. so still, respect the earth.

JOIN CYBERNATIONS!!-www.cybernations.net

stop spraying youre damn aresol cans in the sky!!!! we need to all be hippies ofr a year to fix everything.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by n8thegr8
    lol, and I suppose you believe the "hole" in the ozone layer is getting bigger as well? It's just mother nature's time of the month, she's just bein bitchy like she always has been:

http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/1...y_Is_Pointless

Terrorism isn't the world's greatest threat, it's nature. always has been, always will be.
    This author is obviously an idiot.

"Well, if IÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Å¾Ã‚¢m so goddamn crazy, riddle me this: when was the last time you had a cold? Or the last time you saw a kid with chicken pox?"
    Mutating bacteria. If you say "well, bacteria is from earth," than we must also be from earth. So, earth is responsible for you being here. Shut the fuck up.

As for hurricanes and such, move OUT OF HIGHLY AFFECTED AREAS. It's like people living on the san jose fault...it's DUMB.

And this author knows nothing about the Ozone. I'll wiki it for you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_layer Our ozone is getting smaller, and it was discovered that chlorofluorocarbons do affect the Ozone layer. Whether the drop is due only because of us is totally different.

Note that I'm not calling you an idiot (unless you wrote the blog/article,) I'm calling the writer of that blog/article an idiot.
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

well, never, never on the history of colombia, or its surroundings, have been a tornado, or climate changes.
    all these are happenning within the last 48 hours.
    curiously, another weird fact is that colombia have alot of mountains, so almost are the places are at different distance from the sea level (0 meters)
    but no mather what the distance is, its happening everywhere...
    strong rains and pouring is happenning in zones where the last fall of water was months ago, and the sea is turning very violent, like a hurricane, but in all the south zone. these are not strong tornadoes like the usa ones where all the people have to leave the entire city just because the tornado will destroy all, but they are a lot coming from different places, also, the govt has put the north zone into "dissaster alert" and "public calamity"
    and says this is the begginning of something much big that things we've seeen before.
    I first tought in global warming, because it says that also climate will change everywere, leading to things we thought impossible in some areas.
    this phenomenon climate is turning south, to the mountains and some valleys.
    almost the 10% of the population lives in coasts (0~100 meters) another 4% in the samaria coast dessert zone (-20~50 meters) almost 25% in the andes mountain zone (1600~2500 m) some other 11% in the valleys of the middle (600~1200 m) almost all live near the cold mountains (2100~3100 m) and some few near the rainforest(dont know)
    and this climate weird is forming near the dessert and coast zone, its turning to the mountains, it have affected before the rainforest zone (with floodings, unstopping storms) and there is this place, the savannah, a place that is almost the 61 % of the country terrain, but lmost nobody lives there, its almost a plenty void, that has been raining since thursday, and havent stopped, and its last rain was 3 years ago.

Now i dont think this is global warming,
    now my mind only things in "holy crap,god is pissed, what we did to deserve this?...!!!"
    well, a real fact is that 10 years ago there was this glacier, near the cold mountains, well they were then 3, but now they are 2, one melted down, the other its at less than the half, and the other is fractured, and broken....

god save us

sure all we wont be alive when the effects of warming become real,
    but what do you think about those that will be alive then?

lol, that article was a joke, but if you think about it, people really are fucktards. Like the whole new orleans thing, wtf did you expect? the damn city was below sea level and is right next to the ocean, it was bound to happen sooner or later. There's a hurricane hits florida every single year, sometimes 2 or 3, and people still live there. More people have been killed in natural disasters than all the wars and terrorist attacks combined, and that's because we have cfc's in our hairspray? lol, those damn romans in pompeii had it coming with all their high-emmission vehicles and hairspray...but seriously, because of that cfc bullshit, airosols cost more now, and now people like my dad have to pay out the nose for refrigerant and listen to customers bitch about the price because R-22 had to be replaced with R-134a which costs twice as much, and now if you have an old vehicle with an R-22 based A/C, you gotta pay even more money to have it converted. How many people do you think stand to make a fortune off of this environmental bullshit? People assume that the weather patterns have changed over the past couple hundred years because of this shit, when in reality, back then no one knew what was goin on in the rest of the world and most people didn't give a shit, so they didn't record anything.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP darkhunter084's Avatar
    Its possible but weather everywhere has been screwed up look at Europe they are lucky if they can even reach 80 in the summer but this year they were in the triple digts. So i think it could be.
    Wake up Mr. Freeman... Not that you were really sleeping...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    Anyone who lives in an area of natural disaster and is amazed when it happens is an idiot. I could name state after state that just....what are they thinking?

I know my natural disasters...and I am ready for them.

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.