Thread: Stay Alive is a TERRIBLE movie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Stay Alive is a TERRIBLE movie 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP lead2gold's Avatar
    OMG, my fiancee rented it last night and i was kinda excited being a gamer and all.. i'm a sucker for cheezy horror movies...

Although the entire office (where i work) disagrees with me, "The Ring" (part 1), and "The Grudge" were fucking awsome/scary (the first time through anyways).

Ya ya, i know half of you are going to disagree with my last paragraph but back to the point:
    Dont' go see "Stay Alive". What a ridiculous movie!
    I think the director found ign.com and wrote down some terms and some games because every 20 min or so, the "Gamers" in the movie talked bullshit...

Quote:
    "oh, yea, her and i met on Unreal Tournament... , you heard of it?"
    "that first person shooter we played was pretty leet man!"
    -------
    I wonder if it was the typical stereotypical crew they picked to get killed that ruined the movie... you know... the gothic chick, the nerd, the cool guy who plays games and gets the chick at the end?

I wonder if it was the chick that the cool guy got at the end of the movie that ruined it for me.... the one who got introduced into the story because she was taking pictures of the cool guy at the funeral to his best friend. I mean... it's normal right... to not have any relation to the deaths and go shoot photos of people upset?.. Sure.. she's normal. Her home is even the Van she drives in (so she tells the audience). Now thats a woman i want to be with too!

But then again.. i should have known the movie would suck when it took 9 people 6 deaths before they realized the video game kills them :P
    omg... cries.. i lost an 1.5hrs of my life i'll never get back!

(this is the part where i stop bitching and end the thread)

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    modern horror isnt scary. come on now
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    classic horror isn't scary either. I mean seriously, at least you can fight an axe murderer. What the fuck are you gonna do to demonspawn and poltergeists? I thought Friday the 13th and halloween were the lamest movies ever made when I first saw them...when I was 5! oooooooooo....some douchebag has knife fingers, I got a 12 guage, what now?

hehe i don't know guys... i think if a horror movie can get a good story going (seems to be very rare these days). There aren't to many movies out there that really turned my skin except:
    1. Wolf Creek (absolutly screwed up).
    2. The Ring (part 1)
    3. The Grudge

Those movies (first time watching at night) were creepy

Not sure if you guys seen the movie "Undead". it's really recent (low budget). Not scary at all, but very original!.. It's your classic Zombie flick with a indian jones type character and a really neat twist at the end.

uh oh. another "Screw up movie thread" dont make me post THE link

oops too late

Click At Own Risk. NWS
    R.I.P Zoidberg

that was some weird shit in that link......peopel throwing up blood naked, and sawing heads off, had to stop it 3quarters the way in, caue that was just nasty about to throw up after seeing that

i find movies based on actual events the scariest like Blair Witch...and i hate when the killer dosent die in the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea... i clicked on it at work :P
    i hope they don't log that shit (thanks julie :P)

Oh well... you said "at your own risk" so i supose your covered
    after 10 seconds of that shit i realized that there are more screwed up people in this world other then the directors of horror flicks :P

I can't belive that site is for real, i'm sure there are many other ones out there like that too... and they blame deaths on video games... I think not.. Death is a cause slaughtervomitdolls.com :P

its a shitty movie by a movie standpoint. only thing i appreciate about it is how far they take the actual violent scenes. the puking i could do without with and it seemed more like filler. if u wanna see a good movie from this genre, check out cannibal holocaust. SVD was a waste of 35$. u basically just saw all the decent scenes from SVD in the trailor. there isnt much else besides some girl being slutty, talking to herself, and puking. garbage.
    R.I.P Zoidberg

psp
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker psp's Avatar
    yo the only real scary movies ive seen so far, where the ones that come from asia and remade into american AKA the grudge, and The Ring
    PSP is back!!!

PSP modder
    l Rockin the 3.90 M33-3 Fat psp l Paintball Player l Reppin and sponsored by Dynamic Games Paintball

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker IONz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lead2gold
    hehe i don't know guys... i think if a horror movie can get a good story going (seems to be very rare these days). There aren't to many movies out there that really turned my skin except:
    1. Wolf Creek (absolutly screwed up).
    2. The Ring (part 1)
    3. The Grudge

Those movies (first time watching at night) were creepy

Not sure if you guys seen the movie "Undead". it's really recent (low budget). Not scary at all, but very original!.. It's your classic Zombie flick with a indian jones type character and a really neat twist at the end.
    heh, I just finished watching the grudge......I don't know....I found it quite hilarious......the little kid just looked stupid half the time......the ring should definitely be up there and I have yet to see wolf creek

"Think for yourself, question authority" - Timothy Leary

wolf creek isn't a ghost story per say (like the other 2 are).
    But psychologically it's very disturbing!... I just found that the movie was low budget but still managed to do an awsome job making you feel for the characters.... like you feel the fear they're going through in the movie.

It's royally disturbing... VERY well done just because once it gets rolling (the story) you can't look away.. you just have to see whats going to happen next... even the ending isn't what you expect...

I like unpredictable movies... Wolf Creek isn't produced in hollywood which probably is the reason why it's so much better... As special effects arn't as good as a damn good intense story!

oooo you said disturbing. thats my cue. any of these titles are guaranteed to disturb u in one way or another:

cannibal holocaust , oldboy , august underground , men behind the sun vol. 1, salo , audition , Ichi the Killer, Henry: Portrait of A Serial Killer ,Irreversible , Misery . guinea pig series , man bites dog , audition , last house on the left , scrapbook , Requiem for a Dream , eraserhead , the untold story , american history x , romper stomper , apt pupil , Visitor Q , I Stand Alone , bread and circus , straw dogs , natural born killers , Nekromantik , Chopper , forced entry , battle royale , saw, murder set pieces

theres many more but thats a taste of the more "mainstream" list. as in the shit u can actually find. not those obscure rare titles
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    The Ring was good....but it really wasn't scary. All horror is now is jump out at you....because seeing someone get chased by a guy with a big knife is standard...you can pretty much see that in G movies now.

I've notices my attitude hes gone from: "Don't open that door the killer is behind it! No!!!!" to "Haha...look she is gonna open the door and die. What a dumbass." Way too predictable.

I just watched Nightmare on Elm Street 3 with Maria -I've never seen them. I sat there and just looking at the characters knew who was going to die and who wasn't. She asked me how i knew all that....its all predictable.

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

lol, misery, I had never seen that until after I had seen the waterboy, and the whole time I was thinkin "foosball's the devil", so I had a hard time taking it seriously. fuckin ouch though when she took the sledge to that guys knees, poor bastard.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Caboose's Avatar
    i hate horror movies nowadays, i figured this out when i saw freddy vs jason and said, what the hell, i thought this was a movie, not CRAP!
    zing!

why english class is important.
    how to get banned
    this is awesome
    thanks drizzle for the kick ass signature.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast