Thread: OMG guys please dont try files named "2.80 downgrader"...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 OMG guys please dont try files named "2.80 downgrader"... 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    or files with named with similar names...
    I have a friend, very trusted one, who just got involved into psp a week ago, and he bought a 2.80 (because a guy told him that it was now possible to downgrade) then my friend sent his psp by mail to cali, a city near us, because there was a guy claiming to own 2.8 downgrader,and the guy charged him 30 bux for the service...
    a package just arrived few minutes ago to my friend's house... (which is no far away than 10 meters from my house)...the package contained the psp was in the door of my friends house, and It had a cd in a plastic package called "2.80 downgrader" and a website in a file inside the cd ,then we went into that website, downloaded the file, and loaded it with tiff exploit, then the screen turned red a few moments,next, it was black, and the psp turned off. then we tryed to turn it on but the power light just flashed, and turned off again. It was bricked...

I think this could be one of the few malicious coded homebrew for erase psp users flash, as the "fake 2.0 downgrader" which used to erase files of flash memory...

Damn my friend is so depressed...
    I could ask him to sell me the screen (could be good idea) but am still sad as he wont be able to play psp things...

you 2 are the stupid ones, why would you trust some random downgrader , id expect you to know that after 400 posts .....another dumb thread 3rd so far today.

I really don't believe this story...being that you can't brick a 2.8 as there hasn't been an exploit to allow kernel mode access for it yet. You can't directly access the flash on a 2.8, therefore, no bricky. only thing I can think of is that he actually sent you back a 2.71. That's the only way it could have been bricked. Unless some random asshole outsmarted all the psp hackers in the universe and found a kernel mode exploit, but is hoarding it for the sole purpose of ruining little kids days by dashing their hopes and dreams of a 2.8 downgrader...

nononono, the problem is that he never told me what was all the thing about, I just saw he had a 2.80, loaded the thing and then I realized!

this was what happened:
    the box arrived
    (but he didnt told me what was)
    he entered the page, I didnt remember which was, but it was a download psp things then I thought it was homebrew, then I left to the next room to play with his 360

then he came and showed me the psp with the red screen and then black...it took a while, so he left again and I kept playing call of duty...

then he came crying telling me that the psp wouldnt turn on...
    I thought "OMGWTF? how could that happen? a brick? no way..."

then I went to the room where he was, and then I saw the "2.80 downgrader cd"... and the folder of the file was still displayed in his pc screen ... a tiff image, a weird file, and this "downgradeer thing" then he told me , that it was the reason of why he sent it to the guy in cali, to "downgrade" but at first I thought there was no problem as I thought the psp was a "2.71" but as I never hold it I never had the chance to check it out...

so, my friend bricked his psp under my nose and I only realised at the end...

then he told me that he wanted to do it alone, as I do, because he was very impressed with things I used to do with the psp "stream radio, stream videos, play emulators, play psp games I own but without inserting the disk (back up..) and all those homebrew things..."

and then he crying told me that if he just trusted me his psp to do all this, that would never happend, what i said?
    OF COURSE! THERE IS NO WAY TO DOWNGRADE 2.80!

Edit: hey n8, is known by all that there is no "official" way to access flash in 2.80 in our "homebrew world" but what do you think about these malicious hackers, with no public related things, just private development, that could have find access to flash, but dont use it for our good, but instead for doing bad things... so...
    it could be what you said...

"some random asshole outsmarted all the psp hackers in the universe and found a kernel mode exploit, but is hoarding it for the sole purpose of ruining little kids days by dashing their hopes and dreams of a 2.8 downgrader..."

and remember that article on psp.qj about
    a possibly malicious code development for be run with tiff exploit...
    and as you say, there must be a lot of asshole hackers that have a very big advantage against all the "good" psp hackers, but that uses that info for evil purposes

he was crying for ruining his own psp...it wouldnt be that serious, if he was really that worried he shoudl have done some research before hand..id be mad but wouldnt cry over a little psp.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker yaboyryan666's Avatar
    just shows... ppl with too much money are careless.
    ░▒▓Dark_Alex▓▒░ is a PSP hacking GOD.
    Dark-Alex.org

the article on qj.net was talking about malicious software for 2.71 using the libtiff exploit. and also, I seriously doubt that any "hacker" would be so lame as to waste weeks of his life to make an exploit just to make the few people who know about homebrew and have 2.8, sad that they bricked their psp, only a script kiddie would be that lame, and in that case, he wouldn't know the first thing about how to do it. If you're convinced that this is true, why not send us the files so we can examine it and see how (and if) it accesses the flash, so that we can make a real downgrader? my explanation would be that it's more likely that he sent you back with a 2.71 that had the firmware version under system preferences edited to say that it was a 2.8. and I made that statement you quoted in sarcasm.

oh well...
    I am very...
    2 faced with my psp lcd problem...

by one part, I cry in my mind because I think it wont have repairment or it will be shit expensive

by the other side, I just thing it was something that happened at random, and I dont care about it...

Am not poor, but am also not rich...

for example, this has being all my belongings of my gaming life, half of them missing:

-Game boy color (Stolen by a punk kid I lend my gbc and never returned it to me)
    -only own 4 gbc games(2 missing)
    -Game boy advance (doesnt sounds, you have to try at least 6 times to make it turn on)
    only 5 gba games own (firered stolen, sapphire was stolen with the ds, megaman stolen, and zelda was left by accident in a hotel last vacations)

-DS (stolen)
    -only 4 ds games (mariokart stolen with the ds, sm64ds missing, only have 2 left)

Psp: (screen broken)
    currently own 10 umds...
    (ok, I bought those ten umds because, i'll tell you.
    things like these are not sold legally around here, if its legal, its too expensive, so people who sells gaming and electroniv things bring them here by a "black market" ...weeks ago there a guy selling ds and psp games (probably stolen) at 20 bux, then a merchandise-police (those who confiscates illegal stuff) was coming, the guy was trying to sell me nfs:underground rivals for 20 bucks, then the cop came and confiscated things in a local next to us, so se offered my all the games he had for 50 bux, then I agreed. the games were: nfs:mw, nfs:ur, bleach 2,wipeout pure, burnout legends, wormsw and lotr:tactics.. before that I only owned gta, reciently bought locoroco, and untold legends...)

remember when people said it was not possible to downgrade or run xmb homebrew on 2.0, and a guy came with his miracle tool that "supposedly" gaves you the things needed to do it, and was fake?

couldnt that same thing being happennig again, a guy who promises fake things?

EDIT: oh nonononono n8, i'd never quote in sarcasm, happened that I read the first part of your post

really don't believe this story...being that you can't brick a 2.8 as there hasn't been an exploit to allow kernel mode access for it yet. You can't directly access the flash on a 2.8, therefore, no bricky. only thing I can think of is that he actually sent you back a 2.71. That's the only way it could have been bricked.

but then I read the last and I realised I agreed with you in that part.

or like you said again,(NOT SARCASM ) it could be that it wasnt even a 2.8, just had the version changed (you know, it would be easier to change a version in high firmware than try to reach flash and erase it)

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    maybe you guys should stick to unhackble consoles. i heard 3DO's are pretty plentiful
    R.I.P Zoidberg

or there's always the 360*ahem*cough*cough*

lol. how bout an atari jaguar
    R.I.P Zoidberg

lol, I remember those things, only thing I ever played on it was that damn wireframe game with the fuckin head up in the corner, lol

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    What about Phillips CD-I? $700 of unhomebrewed goodness....

Wasn't there a Laserinteractive system for $1400 too in the early 90s...you could play laser disks, games, and karaoke.

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

the commodore 64 was ever hacked?
    the nes was ever hacked?
    please tell me!

yeah, theres a ps1 emulator that u can install on the NES's hard drive.
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast