Thread: damn americans...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 damn americans... 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    not all, those...
    my grandma and grandpa were into a long travel to the capital to the usa visa office to apply to receive it to visit my grand-grand father and grand-grand-grandmother (my grandma's dads) in usa in christmas, and they denied it to they because they were old, and because *using explicit words that came out from the guy at visa office* "Old People doesnt gives any benefit to usa. only more people to count"
    and I was going with them so the entire travel to USA was definetively canceled.

were they applying for residence or travel visa? that makes absolutely no sense if they were applying for a travel visa...

Senior Member I Modded My PSP lead2gold's Avatar
    just cross at a different border, lots of the aholes at the border control are on power trips.

It's stupid, Police officers have to go to academys/colleges to get hired.
    Border control officers are mostly highschool grads who had security patrol jobs on their resume. They have almost as much authority as police too at the border.

well all they need is a travel visa, no one who comes in on a travel visa contributes to society, so what difference does it make? if they were applying for residency, now that's a whole different story. If you had 2 people that wanted to become citizens, one young who would work hard, contribute to the economy, or an old retiree that would not contribute to the economy and would more than likely live off welfare, which one would you pick? I mean, not to be an asshole, but that's just the way it works...

i still agree with zubieta though...
    it's stereotypical to just assume everyone's reasons for crossing the border based on the passengers of the car.

Old or Young should have no bearing, Because of 5 fucknuts who highjacked a plane, every single muslim who crosses the boarder needs to go through customs. Racial/Stereotypical Profiling is just wrong.

Tourisim contributes to the US economy as well, thus letting them across the boarder for a day or two is good, not bad. I show my drivers license and birth certificate and have no problems venturing into the states for a day.

they didn't stop them at the border, they wouldn't give them a visa for the flight to the us at christmas time (zub's from colombia, not mexico), I agree tourism is a good thing, that's why I said that I don't see why they would discriminate age for tourism, but I could see why they would if you were applying for residency/citizenship.

so what does "Damn Americans" have to do with this?

yeh I'm wondering that too. Maybe because he called them old i'm guessing.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    americans are giving up their freedom lil at a time for the illusion of security
    R.I.P Zoidberg

america is portrayed as the bullies of the world.. aways trying to find a reason to send military and take control.

Thanks to Bush, oil is now cheaper. At the same time Iraqies are now shot when they try to regain access to their own stolen oil fields.

From what i understand, the majority of the US population isn't a "Mr Bush" fan anyways. Kind of weird that lad still has some supporters though...
    sorry.. i'm off topic! damn those border control lads!

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Virus_Nyne's Avatar
    We went in for WMDs, failed at that, stayed for the oil, but called it liberating Iraq from tyranny.

Korea waves their nukes in the air and openly kills their citizens. They have no oil, so we have no reason to care.

Ain't that some shit?
    Hardass Extraordinaire - Mad And Nocturnal

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Nyne
    We went in for WMDs, failed at that, stayed for the oil, but called it liberating Iraq from tyranny.

Korea waves their nukes in the air and openly kills their citizens. They have no oil, so we have no reason to care.

Ain't that some shit?
    yes it is
    just the way things are these days

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Coleman4747's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zubieta
    not all, those...
    my grandma and grandpa were into a long travel to the capital to the usa visa office to apply to receive it to visit my grand-grand father and grand-grand-grandmother (my grandma's dads) in usa in christmas, and they denied it to they because they were old, and because *using explicit words that came out from the guy at visa office* "Old People doesnt gives any benefit to usa. only more people to count"
    and I was going with them so the entire travel to USA was definetively canceled.
    welcome to america

its all about the money guys. take for example....if a company's product is defective and could prove hazardous, they will only recall it if the cost of losing a law suit from death costs more to teh company than a recall for the product. said, it is. but money is the key.

JOIN CYBERNATIONS!!-www.cybernations.net

Senior Member I Modded My PSP the_undertaker's Avatar
    hoorah for lead2gold
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jvjvugJ2rFM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jvjvugJ2rFM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft. -Theodore Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast