Thread: Halo Wars coming to 360!

1. #1 Halo Wars coming to 360! 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Microsoft have announced the development of a new title for the Xbox 360 at the X06 event in Barcelona, Spain. Microsoft said that Ensemble Studios, well-known creator of games such as Age of Empires for the PC, is working on a new real-time strategy (RTS) game for the Xbox 360 called Halo Wars - of course based upon Xbox's franchise Halo Universe. Apparently the team have been working on Halo Wars for quite some time, and the the storyline takes place before Halo 1, when the Covenant forces first make contact with the UNSC.

There was no word from X06 on when to expect a release, but it will most probably come a few months after Halo 3. We at QJ also found the official website for Halo Wars up and running today. The website features a Halo Wars trailer, the screenshots which you can see in this article and an FAQ on the game for the 360. Halo isn't simply a First Person Shooter franchise anymore

watch the trailer http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=14712

originally posted http://xbox360.qj.net/Halo-Wars-anno...g/49/aid/67752

official halo wars site= http://halowars.com/

This game is gonna be aweosme, another halo game. Its not 4 more like .5 or maybe itll suck .

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    its aslo a real time stragety game, so its gonna be nothing like the shooter
    R.I.P Zoidberg

yeah, It looks badass, I love the idea of a halo rts, and I love the idea of it being on 360 even more . The exclusive titles for 360 are startin to look pretty damn good, gears of war, splinter cell: double agent, halo 3, halo wars, they released doom on Live arcade yesterday, some kind of interactive halo movie directed by peter jackson, banjo kazooie, lost planet, alan wake, kane and lynch, mass effect, and with xbox live being the amazing beast that it is, I think microsoft has a much stronger hold in the market than it did with the original xbox.

thats cause its easier to program games on the x360 then on the ps3. maybe we'll see a shift in the balance of power in the coming years
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker PSPBETTERTHANDS's Avatar
    yes julie, you hit it right on the head. I think that is the one thing that will cause the ps3 to fail. As soon as i heard that on TV i really started to think about what a failure the ps3 will most likely be. And no, i absolutely love the Playstations. It makes up my entire childhood. But this one looks to be unsuccesful :'(
    Hope you had a nice XMas! Help me modding my original Xbox. See my thread in Anything Goes Here forum

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Caboose's Avatar
    actually, methinks its just a rehash of the rts halo was gonna be, slapped in the 360.
    so lets recap, i think its just a scheme to grub money, and rts's on consoles are teh suck.
    imo

why english class is important.
    how to get banned
    this is awesome
    thanks drizzle for the kick ass signature.

u forget that the 360 allows mouse and keyboard support. who knows, this might be the first game to allow kb/m support officially, after all... it has usb ports on it
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by n8thegr8
    yeah, It looks badass, I love the idea of a halo rts, and I love the idea of it being on 360 even more . The exclusive titles for 360 are startin to look pretty damn good, gears of war, splinter cell: double agent, halo 3, halo wars, they released doom on Live arcade yesterday, some kind of interactive halo movie directed by peter jackson, banjo kazooie, lost planet, alan wake, kane and lynch, mass effect, and with xbox live being the amazing beast that it is, I think microsoft has a much stronger hold in the market than it did with the original xbox.
    I was really dissapointed with the first 7 months of the 360. It was looking pretty bad. As of the past three weeks though, Microsoft has really changed my mind. They are working really hard to attract people; HD-DVD (although this was rumored for a long while), 1080p support, Splinter cell exclusive, Banjo, Guitar Hero 2 on it(WOO!), and Bioshock (sys. 2 was one of my fav. games of all time).

With that, I can officially say that I really want a 360. Before it was only 'ya, it looks kinda good,' now I really want one. Whether I'll ever get one is another story .
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker yaboyryan666's Avatar
    dammit, now i need to get a 360... ERRR!!!
    ░▒▓Dark_Alex▓▒░ is a PSP hacking GOD.
    Dark-Alex.org

i honestly could care less about halo. i dont like sci fi shooters very music w/ the exception of the half life series. im more excited about Assassins Creed right now
    R.I.P Zoidberg

I never got into halo but when i played with a friend it almost made me buy an Xbox but that wouldn't make since for one game but the 360 is dishing out all kinds of games might just have to pick me up one of these.