Thread: just got tooo bored.....

1. #1 just got tooo bored..... 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP sliver's Avatar
    i have been basically sitting around work and doing nothing, so i have been wanting to do this for awhile, i want to learn to play guitar, from reading notes to playing TABS, anyone sugguest a good website to do this from perferably free?
    .:Hero Of The Day:.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    the only way to learn to play any instrument good is to get lessons with a real live instructer. you can over the internet, but you will not nessacarly become good, as you can not get told what you are doing wrong.

JOIN CYBERNATIONS!!-www.cybernations.net

true but i dont have time during the day cause i am at work thats why i am looking for one online.thanks.
    .:Hero Of The Day:.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker IONz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psplaya
    the only way to learn to play any instrument good is to get lessons with a real live instructer. you can over the internet, but you will not nessacarly become good, as you can not get told what you are doing wrong.
    sorry but that is bullshit, I've been playing drums for 5 years and never took one lesson.....all I did was play by ear and practice alot.....sure I looked at alot of different drummers techniques and how they did several things but I was never physically taught...

"Think for yourself, question authority" - Timothy Leary

Well it depends on if you can pick up on things eeasy alone or if your a person who need something showed to them

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    easiest method is to google "guitar tabs" or search the video sites for lessons.
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member I Modded My PSP mofo196's Avatar
    You can become the guy at parties who can barely play and who insists on busting out the first few notes of "Nothing Else Matters" when nobody wants to hear it.

Awesome.
    --
    Oh people, know that you have committed great sins. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

there's a program called guitar pro that's really good, you can download tabs for it from ultimate-guitar.com for free. It's really nice because it's got midi instruments that play the tab so you see it and hear it at the same time, but yeah. My bro taught himself to play guitar and now he's a badass, he can play most of john mayer's stuff, dispatch, dave matthews, and he writes his own stuff too, so you can get good without lessons, just takes some work and dedication.

yea, i found this cool program that teaches tab and notes with sound and video. thanks guys.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker IONz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo196
    You can become the guy at parties who can barely play and who insists on busting out the first few notes of "Nothing Else Matters" when nobody wants to hear it.

Awesome.
    OMFG dude, I see all these people at school carrying guitars thinking they look all cool......I was smoking a cigarette one time and one of those guys comes up to me and asks me to bum a cigarette.....so I told him to play something on the guitar and sure enough it was the beginning of "Nothing Else Matters".....I just told him nah dude, I'm a drummer and even I can play that and just walked off

"Think for yourself, question authority" - Timothy Leary