Thread: Hollywood uses the Sony over Nintendo

1. #1 Hollywood uses the Sony over Nintendo 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP lead2gold's Avatar
    Last night on TBS there was this god awful show... but the plot was some kid who had a nerological problem... In anycase, the kid played the Sony PSP during one long scene.... (maybe thats why he had brain issues )

Another movie i can think of off the top of my head is "Inside Man" (with Denzel Washington). During the Bank robbery, one child was playing his PSP for a 10 min (at most) scene also.

My point?... meh.. i don't really have one...
    But i can't name or think of a movie that referenes Nintendo other then "The Wizard"

I've seen a lot of xbox stuff in movies.... some PS(1 & 2) but no nintendo....

Senior Member I Modded My PSP mofo196's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lead2gold
    Last night on TBS there was this god awful show... but the plot was some kid who had a nerological problem... In anycase, the kid played the Sony PSP during one long scene.... (maybe thats why he had brain issues )
    This sounds an awful lot like an episode of House from this season. It was a kid with severe autism. Perhaps that's what you saw?
    --
    Oh people, know that you have committed great sins. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

that might have been it.. the kid was getting some cat-scan or something when we tuned in. I kept to the discription nerological to rule out as much as i could... but your probably refering to the same show

He was playing a psp and was screaming when they tried to take it out of his hands.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    I would scream if someone tried to take my psp too, I guess that makes me autistic then? dammit....

In "poseidon" the movie there was a kid playing the psp, which was harshly destroyed when the ship turned upside-down

also in the law and order there was a webpage were some girl advertised a fake pic of her cousin as a whore, and the cops began researching, and went to the office of the website manager to shut it down, then the cop went inside and there was a 19 years old dude with a psp, then the cop asked him to shut down the website and gave him the reasons, then he said "why should I do that?" then the cop said "because if you dont, your office will be your parent's basement and your only hapinness will be that crappy thing you are playing"

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker AndyCat's Avatar
    Any chance that these shows/movies are produced by sony?

There is so much product placement in everything today, epsecially video games.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    I would be more concerned with why they still use bleeps and boops that sound like atari effects when game systems are shown....and why the actor always over exaggerates playing it by pressing every button frantically.

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

I would be more concerned with why they still use bleeps and boops that sound like atari effects when game systems are shown....and why the actor always over exaggerates playing it by pressing every button frantically.
    Hahah! thats so true eh?
    Even on comercials, the actors beat on the controller as if it were attacking them!

anyone watch g4? you ever see those commercials for game development schools? where the guys are sittin there with controllers pushin buttons on this center thing to make the game? so fuckin lame, I feel sorry for the douches that actually go there and find out what it's really like.

I've heard there will be a movie based on a superspy kid with a ds.
    its from a british history that tells about a guy who owned a gbc and was recruited by some secret agency to save the world, but in different means,
    not by saving it from being destroyed, but to save kids who are going to be hypnotized to destroy everything.
    nintendo to take advantage of it, made a contract with the movie director and arranged that the kid will use a ds, and some game cartridges will work for different things, like grenades, lasers, etc... as the story tells that the guy used the gameboy games as weapons.
    I've seen only 2 screens so far.
    1 is the guy receiving his pimped weapon DS (red ds) and other is the guy aiming to a building with his ds touchscreen and a laser where thegba game goes.
    I saw that on IGN few months ago...maybe I should search that article for you guys, I think that movie will be out on late 2007, and as its a movie for kids-teens, they would like to buy DS! and increase too much DS sales!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zubieta
    I've heard there will be a movie based on a superspy kid with a ds.
    its from a british history that tells about a guy who owned a gbc and was recruited by some secret agency to save the world, but in different means,
    not by saving it from being destroyed, but to save kids who are going to be hypnotized to destroy everything.
    nintendo to take advantage of it, made a contract with the movie director and arranged that the kid will use a ds, and some game cartridges will work for different things, like grenades, lasers, etc... as the story tells that the guy used the gameboy games as weapons.
    I've seen only 2 screens so far.
    1 is the guy receiving his pimped weapon DS (red ds) and other is the guy aiming to a building with his ds touchscreen and a laser where thegba game goes.
    I saw that on IGN few months ago...maybe I should search that article for you guys, I think that movie will be out on late 2007, and as its a movie for kids-teens, they would like to buy DS! and increase too much DS sales!
    Yea...go find it because I smell bullshit all over that. First off, that sounds really really stupid. Now there are some dumb movie ideas...but not taht dumb.

Also if he was to shoot a laser out the GBA slot...then he would shoot himself. The GBA slot faces the player.

Finally...why would nintendo have to increase the sales on a DS with a movie? The DS is making a killing worldwide.

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

I am now your love cleric.

ive seen kids playin gameboy SP's on some TV shows..PSP just looks sexy on camera compared to Nintendos box.

lol, yeah, I call bullshit on that one. nintendo sells several times more units worldwide than the psp and 360 combined, and besides, that sounds like the stupidest movie ever.

Yea...go find it because I smell bullshit all over that. First off, that sounds really really stupid. Now there are some dumb movie ideas...but not taht dumb.

Also if he was to shoot a laser out the GBA slot...then he would shoot himself. The GBA slot faces the player.

Finally...why would nintendo have to increase the sales on a DS with a movie? The DS is making a killing worldwide.
    Even I doubt is that's true...
    but I saw it like 2 months ago in boards.ign.com and saw the 2 pics in a article in ds.ign.com homepage... but it could be fake as 3.00 system update umd reciently featured on pspupdates.com