• Nintendo Wii

44 21.26%
  • Xbox 360

71 34.30%

Thread: Which will be the most successful? Ps3 Wii or 360

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Which will be the most successful? Ps3 Wii or 360 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Darkthunder90's Avatar
    Ok here is your once in a lifetime chance (Not really) to make a statement. What system will be the most successful?

Rules:
    1.All statements must be reasonable
    2.Include whatever you want, but remember taking info from a playstation website on asking which system will be the best isn't a great idea.
    3.Give us original info, it's okay if you can't.
    4.No profanity.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    moved to debate

i feel the Wii will win (lol) the console wars this year. the conroller is new and looks like fun, its much cheaper then the rest of the systems, it has the best 1st party support, it allows u to run the old school games, its backwards compadible with the gamecube and it has one major advantage that the other 2 lack. ZELDA
    R.I.P Zoidberg

First and foremost I want to thank Darkthunder for giving me this opportunity to express myself in this manner without him/her it wouldn't be possible.

I believe that the 360 will come out on top and then the Wii. The PS3 will be in third if not DEAD LAST
    Im a girl gamer....

What are you doing to make things better?

Owner of a Lonely Heart.....

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    I think the wii will win, especially in the financial field. It's projected that the 360 won't start making a profit until around 2008, and the ps3 is taking a HUGE hit on the hardware, even moreso than the 360 did. sony and 360 might come out on top for the hardcore gamers, but the wii is inexpensive, fun (at least it looks like it anyways) and it's backward compatible with every nintendo game made, and even some sega, commodore, and others, so they're building on a HUGE base that has been their success for decades. Nintendo's been in the gaming business for over 20 years, they have a formula, and it works. Not to mention the fact that it'll be easier for casual gamers like my gf, who can't figure out/don't like the whole dual analog thing. Funny note, only consoles she likes are nintendo, not because she's a fangirl, just because there's just something about nintendo...and that's coming from an ms fanboy...

Senior Member I Modded My PSP tahval's Avatar
    I agree with Julie, the rest is lacking Zelda.
    However, I do believe (hope) that the PS3 is going to kick ass.
    In the last years I've never had a console that I liked better then sony's Ps2 and before that the psone.
    So I hope they will continue the fight and stay on top of the rest

And hey, they will have MGS

nintendo has yet to fail with a major console release. theres enough 1st party titles on gamecube to own one, the n64 was gold, the snes is a legend. nes is where most of us started. the only reason a playstation even exists is because of nintendo... if they hadnt kicked sony off the snes-cd project then there wouldnt be a playstation at all
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    obviously we are all trying to make educated guesses...

and as much as I would like to agree with Julie, it's a lot closer than most think. The Wii controller sounds amazing, and I can't wait to play it, but this article http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2006/...ands_On/1.html is a little troubling. Of course people thought the same thing about the DS, and it's still kicking the PSP's ass (however, I still don't like the use of the touchscreen in most DS games).

The 360 really needs to push out a lot of good games. Gears of War being the obvious choice for a system-selling game, and Microsoft needs to convince everyone to buy GoW. GoW doesn't necessarily need to be good, it just needs to sell consoles. Microsoft should have pushed (or make an attempt to push) back the release date to take away PS3 thunder in the future. So close to the launch, the country is going to be going ga-ga over the graphics of the PS3 rather than ogle GoW. Perhaps if they would have released the game another month or two back, it could prevent future sales of the PS3, and cause them to buy the 360. Halo 3 is an obvious killer-app, and it will sell consoles even if there are no commercials for it.

The PS3 really needs to push out Great games, and make Resistance a great game. Right now it's the system seller, and it needs to be great. So great that people will wait in lines the day before the second (since we all know the first is going to be sold out) shipment of PS3's come so that they can buy it. Then, MGS4 better be kicking ass and taking names, hopefully killing any game that Microsoft can put out.

This probably sounds like a bunch of crap, but i'm tired, so bug off.

EDIT:

nintendo has yet to fail with a major console release. theres enough 1st party titles on gamecube to own one, the n64 was gold, the snes is a legend. nes is where most of us started. the only reason a playstation even exists is because of Nintendo... if they hadnt kicked sony off the snes-cd project then there wouldnt be a playstation at all
    Well, the release isn't what matters. The Wii is going to sell like hotcakes this holiday season...the same with the PS3 (well, not as much because there probably aren't going to be as much consoles), but what really matters are the sales next summer, and next Christmas. What are parents going to buy their kids next Christmas?
    I hope the Wii, and Nintendo better put out 1st party games so that people will continually look at the Wii.
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Arby_3000's Avatar
    I think the ps3 will come out on top in the end.

Expensive console + fat rich 10 year old white kids = MONEY!

But im brown thin and not rich... =\ So will I buy it, hell yes.
    <<*I AM CANADIAN*>>

maybe i wont have to go to the gym anymore. just play some wii tennis lol
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Quote Originally Posted by julie
    maybe i wont have to go to the gym anymore. just play some wii tennis lol
    Hahaha,

I was reading that article, I loved how he took the words outta my mouth.

The Wii is like the most expensive novelty system. "woo hoo, im jumping around having fun for the first 15 minutes, then I think to my self, WDF am I doing. THIS IS CRAP"
    <<*I AM CANADIAN*>>

psp
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker psp's Avatar
    either the PS3 or the Wii will come on top,

the rest of the gaming world seems to be anxious to see these two come out, especially japan

the 360 doesnt get my vote

Quote Originally Posted by Arby_3000
    I think the ps3 will come out on top in the end.

Expensive console + fat rich 10 year old white kids = MONEY!

But im brown thin and not rich... =\ So will I buy it, hell yes.
    yes kids are richer these days too,
    PSP is back!!!

PSP modder
    l Rockin the 3.90 M33-3 Fat psp l Paintball Player l Reppin and sponsored by Dynamic Games Paintball

i have no interest in the ps3 right now. i havent seen anything about any games that interest me, so my money will proly go to nintendo if i choose to buy a new next gen system
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Quote Originally Posted by julie
    i have no interest in the ps3 right now. i havent seen anything about any games that interest me, so my money will proly go to nintendo if i choose to buy a new next gen system
    D:

*the power of SONY compels you*
    <<*I AM CANADIAN*>>

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    even more support for my financial prediction:

"Sony is in trouble. Its earnings plummeted 94 percent to $14.4 million because of costs related to its laptop battery recall. But it also reported a $369 million operating loss in its video game business because of start-up costs for the PlayStation 3. Sony's game revenues decreased 20 percent to $1.4 billion from a year ago because of a decline in PlayStation Portable and PlayStation 2 sales, as well as a price cut on the PS 2. Sony sold 5 million PS 2s worldwide in the quarter and 3.89 million PSPs. Sony is sitting on a lot of inventory now related to PS 3 components. It's nail-biting time in Tokyo. Sony has $4.7 billion in cash, and $3 billion in short-term debt and current long-term debt.

In Redmond, things are looking brighter for Microsoft. The company has $31.8 billion in cash. That's a substantial war chest. Sales rose 70 percent in the Entertainment and Devices division, which includes games, to $1.03 billion in the quarter. The division cut its loss from $173 million a year ago to $96 million. Microsoft says it is on target to hit profitability by the fiscal year that ends June 30, 2008. That's a long way away, but the company is making some progress.

Nintendo reported sales of $2.5 billion, up 69 percent from a year earlier. Net income was $458.6 million, up from a loss a year ago. Nintendo has $6.6 billion in cash. Nintendo is forecasting sales of $6.2 billion and profits of $843 million for the year ended March 31, 2007. The company boosted its prediction of annual sales of DS units from 17 million to 20 million units worldwide. Nintendo also increased its GameBoy Advance sales forecast from 2.5 million to 3.3 million units worldwide"

from http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/...yuHMtvXJhO.php

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    I don't see what you are trying to say though...

sony doesn't have as much money as Microsoft and Nintendo, so that means that they aren't going to win?

If that is what you are trying to say, then why did the PS1 and the PS2 succeed? Why didn't the Xbox dominate last generation?

Just because a company is in a little bit of trouble, doesn't mean that it will capsize and blow up. They still have 1.7 billion (cash-debt)...and that is still a lot of money.
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast