Thread: New Site Sweet

1. #1 New Site Sweet 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP bennihan5's Avatar
    PSPMOD REVENGE PEOPLE GO HERE>>>>>>>>>>http://www.pspmodrevenge.zoomshare.com/0.html
    PS3 and PSP Forum!

PSP Japanese 2.0 Update

Japanese Playstation Site

^^2.00 If you want to, it's right there...^^

Quote Originally Posted by bennihan5
    PSPMOD REVENGE PEOPLE GO HERE>>>>>>>>>>http://www.pspmodrevenge.zoomshare.com/0.html
    SHUT THEFUCK UP.. UR TEH REASON Y THIS FORUMS PACKED WITH JUNK... U AND YOUR TYPE

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Shalted's Avatar
    Yeah without you there would be no need for psp mod revenge.
    --Sig--

Senior Member I Modded My PSP bennihan5's Avatar
    Just wait until I become mod
    PS3 and PSP Forum!

PSP Japanese 2.0 Update

Japanese Playstation Site

^^2.00 If you want to, it's right there...^^

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Shalted's Avatar
    Just wait till you get banned for all that spam
    --Sig--

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Botulism's Avatar
    YOU are NOT gonna be a mod, when i last checked the polls, you were tied with ionz, ionz wins, simple
    See My PSP Backgrounds
    The "official" Skins By Botulism site
    Post Whore Syndrome Explained
    Breaking News!
    PSPMod Live Tech support team
    Kill Your FM

I Am A Disturbed One

PSP vs DS by Caboose

Currently playing:
    PSP: Untold Legends: The Warriors Code
    Comp: BF2, CS:S, FEAR, Quake 4, DoD:S, WoW
    PS2: nix
    Gamecube: nix
    DS: nix

Junior Member PSP User BoonDockSaint's Avatar
    If Benni is a mod then I might go to pspmodrevenge because he's already making threats.

Administrator PSP Elite Hacker admin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bennihan5

This site you have posted containts content created by PSPMod.com and is being use without authorization.

1st Warning...This thread is closed.

9. #9 Confused Noob 
    mr amnslayer
    I was just wondering about all the upgrading and downgrading stuff. I have heard that upgrading is bad and that it is good and u should do it every time a new vresion comes out. i was also wondering what downgrading is and what exactly it does for u. Help would be greatly appreciated.

andy2ki6
    upgrading is good for new things on the psp, but downgrading is also good for homebrew stuff. do what u want its your psp at the end of the day.

kingb51
    I do not use homebrew. It hasn't really appealed to me. However, it's very popular amongst PSP enthusiasts, even if there is a damage risk while downgrading your PSP.

Ghossst
    yeah but what exactly are the risks involved cuz i got a well last two digits inthe serial are 01 and pple have told me that if i upgrade my psp to 2.7 to use the aac format i could seriously mess it up so any suggestions

Freedick
    downgrading is the way to go...
    don't upgrade

maccabi723
    Downgrading: The process of 'tricking' a PSP into installing an older version of they firmware (system software) than it is currently running.
    Sony has designed the PSP to not allow this normally, it will only allow a newer version of the firmware to be installed. For example a PSP running firmware 2.80 will normally allow only firmware 2.81 and above to install.

If all you want from your PSP is to play UMD games, official downloadable demo's and the PSP's other standard features (music, video etc). Then update to the latest firmware by all means.

People talk about upgrading being bad due to the fact they would loose the ability to run homebrew (unofficial software) on their PSP.
    Homebrew ranges from emulators (programs that allow you to play games from other, less powerful systems, Eg: NES, SNES, GBA, Genesis/Megadrive, neogeo etc) to the map viewing software mapthis and all sorts of other things the community has produced without Sony's consent.

The main reason there are so many firmware versions is because Sony do not want people to be able to run anything unofficial.
    The only way it is possible is due to smart hackers finding 'security flaws' in the firmware code that they can exploit (make use of) to gain access to the hardware and run unofficial code.
    So each time someone discovers a new security flaw and makes use of it (they create a way to downgrade that firmware to an earlier version that can run homebrew), sony patches that security flaw and releases a new firmware, and then make all new games require that new firmware to run.
    If someone installs this new firmware, they will have no access to homebrew untill someone discovers a new security flaw, which could be a long time.
    That is the reason so many homebrew fans will tell newbs to not upgrade until they read up more about what the PSP can do.

With each new firmware, Sony has been adding extra security that makes it harder to 'crack', and even when a hacker gets access, it is normally not full access that would let people just load homebrew from the PSP's menu.
    Because of this, it has become standard that when an exploit is discovered in a firmware, a downgrader is made that will allow the PSP to install firmware 1.50. Firmware 1.5 is quite old and did not have as much security, running homebrew on it is as simple as copying a couple of folders to your memory stick to install each program.

The highest firmware that can currently be downgraded is 3.03. If you may want to look into homebrew now or at a later time, do not update to 3.10 or above. There are currently no games that require these versions and they offer nothing of real value.

Downgrading can carry a very small risk of bricking (ruining) your PSP if you are not careful and dont follow all instructions EXACTLY. If you do everything correctly by taking your time, double checking you have followed each instruction before running the downgrader, then it is really quite safe.
    Lets put it in the league of crossing a quiet suburban street, I have no worries about crossing it, but if i were to put on a blindfold and jump out onto it from behind bushes then yes, it is dangerous.

Oh, and yes, even if you downgrade and have access to homebrew, you can still play the latest games that require higher firmwares to run, through some brilliant software called devhook, or by installing one of Dark_Alex's custom firmwares.

frankyG: If you have never downgraded and are asking if upgrading your PSP to 2.70 or above, then using some of its official features will damage you PSP, the answer is no. There is no risk of bricking your PSP in upgrading to an official Sony firmware unless you do something stupid like pull out the battery while it is updating.
    I would advise you to not update past firmware 3.03 however, due to the fact you will loose the ability to run homebrew.
    You can find the official updates Here.