Thread: Microsoft XNA Game Studio Express

1. #1 Microsoft XNA Game Studio Express 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Unforgiv3N's Avatar
    XNA Game Studio Express enables individuals and small teams to more easily create video games using new, optimized cross-platform gaming libraries for Windows and Xbox 360. This beta release targets the development of games for Windows. The final version of XNA Game Studio Express will be available this holiday season and will enable development of games which target Windows and upon purchase of a XNA Creators Club subscription, the Xbox 360 as well.

Download
    Code:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/1/9/719b209e-55d3-4429-be75-8fd8c9a7a710/xnagse_setup.msi
    Remember: This WGA Protected App, don't install it over illegal version of Windows

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    yeah, I just got it, and the nice thing is, it's all in c#, so it's gonna be badass getting homebrew on the 360.

EDIT: oh yeah, btw, I'm running an "illegal" version of xp media center

EDIT EDIT: and yeah, you can already develop games targeted at the 360, you just can't put them on the 360 until the creators club is released, but I'm curious to see if we'll be able to just xfer the files over to the 360...o_O

Your MediaCenter Serial Number is not Black Listed in Program Installer, So you bypassed the WGA Check

so how do you get the created game to the 360? i guess you need a dvd drive? i was reading about this in a magazine and the title was, "Make youre own Xbox 360 game"

you could just post the URL instead of doing this code thing.

you have to pay $99 a year to join the creator's club, and then you upload it to live from your comp and then dl it to your 360 from live. kinda ghey, but I'm sure someone will find a way around it. and no, I bypassed the wga myself when I installed ie7, cuz it used to say "unauthentic software". I didn't even have to activate it or put in a serial.

ooo thats cool..i might do it, 99$ a year isnt that bad for making youre own 360 games..it would be cool if others could download it, and you could download others/

yeah, I'm definately getting it, but yeah, I got the game studio installed yesterday and I was messin around with some of the samples today, pretty cool shit, especially since the games'll play on both 360 and pc. you don't have to pay to use it on pc, just to xfer the games to your 360.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    Since its C# and Microsoft, can I write and compile in Visual Studios .Net 2003? Or is XNA just the IDE to use to compile the code? I'll probably dl it and try it out. Still need to set up a psp dev enviroment. I am more interested in psp developing then 360 developing, but then again I am more interested in C# developing then C++
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

you HAVE to use visual C# 2005 express, but it's a free download and co-exists peacefully with other visual studio apps, for instance, I have visual studio 2005, including visual c#, and I also have visual C# 2005 express for the xna. Basicall it adds new project types when you go to create project.

Useful for you, C Sharp Guys!
    Code:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C72D9F1E-53F3-4747-8490-6801D8E8B4EF&displaylang=en
    i used Microsoft Visual Studio .Net Just for ASP Application, I'm using Borland Prodcuts but i never made a Game yet , i'm new to PSP and I'm Glad to Make a APP for PSP

@ drizzle
    if you looking for MS Visual Studio 2005 i can give it to you in a Private Message

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiv3N
    @ drizzle
    if you looking for MS Visual Studio 2005 i can give it to you in a Private Message
    Thanks, but no need. My work pays for an MSDN universal subscription for me, so if its a Microsoft product I already have it on dvd and can obtain a legal key for it online. I have 2005, just not installed. I am using .Net 1.1 with VS 2003 (work is not using 2005 or 2.0 yet so I keep my home set up like my office in terms of development enviroment).
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

yeah, 2005 is retarded anyways, ms just goes willy nilly deprecating whatever they damn well please, even if it's still part of the standard. but yeah driz, just install C# 2005 express, since the xna studio won't install without it anyways, and just use it for the xna and .net for everything else, lol.