Thread: Motor Oil?

1. #1 Motor Oil? 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP sliver's Avatar
    Yea, recently my car's(94 Honda Accord) Starter went out so i got a new one but in doing so i pulled one of my spark plug covers open, out 4, 2 of them have oil inside, i have never seen this before, can anyone tell me why is this? that is oil in the spark plugs.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Virus_Nyne's Avatar
    Either bad piston rings, or maybe a leaky head gasket depending on your setup. Maybe it's boot unstucker compound.
    Hardass Extraordinaire - Mad And Nocturnal

would there be any problem if i keep driving it?

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Virus_Nyne's Avatar
    Bad piston rings would mean you get gas in your oil and oil in your combustion chamber. Things can only get worse by not replacing them, but I wouldn't know how quickly it can get bad.

If it's a leaky head gasket, you want that replaced soon. If it leaks, your coolant and oil will mix, reducing cooling efficiency and maybe degrading the lubricity of your oil. Not only that, it's probably going to get worse until your only solution is to have a mechanic fix it for 4 weeks and charge you labor.

If it's boot unstucker, it's supposed to be there to help with removing spark plugs. But I'm not a mechanic, I've been teaching myself while breaking my neck to learn. Nobody is going to help unless I ask questions, and I can only ask questions if I find something new out.

On the other hand, I know julie on these forums is a car afficianado. She's helped me some in the past, maybe shoot her a PM or link her here. More than likely she'll have it over me whatever it is.
    Hardass Extraordinaire - Mad And Nocturnal

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    well.. theres a direct path to the plugs so it could be a oil leak. rings could be bad since the oil would get kicked up and pass between the pison and ring and go up into the combustion chamber. hard to tell from here though. id have a mechanic look at it since they might need to pull the head off the engine
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Thanks guys i appreciate it.