Thread: This is'nt Right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 This is'nt Right 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP sliver's Avatar
    This to me was going to far while being arrested.

Source - www.youtube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVW5_PJHzR4

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    what a dumb fuck, you had the guy down, he didn't have a weapon, just cuff his ass, I hate cops, the fucktard prolly injured himself the way he was hitting the guy. Well done, you have asserted you're manhood by beating some guy while another guy holds him down, well done.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker IONz's Avatar
    *sigh, I hate cops....

"Think for yourself, question authority" - Timothy Leary

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker AndyCat's Avatar

Senior Member I Modded My PSP lead2gold's Avatar
    i feel like I'm the only one who disagrees with you guys
    Sorry, but obviously we are missing the start and end of this issue.

For all we know this guy ran for a hell of a long time, and would have had to put up on hell of a fight to have 2 officers restraining him.

You can witness one officer trying to cuff him, and he's not abiding and refuses to put his arms together.

This video "clip" was taken to make the cops look bad. The punches to the head were MAYBE over the top. But if one is failing to restrain themselves.. whats the difference of a few punches over a night-stick instead?

I had a lot of police training because of where i work. Officers are subjected to assholes every single day of their lives... They are also only human... No different then you or I. If someone takes a bunch of potshots at you, or causes you A LOT of aggravation just to restrain them for an arrest.... you'll probably find yourself doing anything you can.

If this guy had just finished raping a child and being caught in the act... would you feel the same way towards the way he was treated?

If this guy had just finished killing 2 people (perhaps from gang activity).... then what?

Once an officer takes someone down who is a threat to society.. their hearts are pounding (similar to anyone who's ever been in a fight at school). It's short moments like this where adrenalin is rushing and its their duty to stop the guy from doing any more harm.

Anyways..... nuff said..

i agree with Lead 2gold..need to see the whole thing.

resisting, hitting the cops or whatever you cant justify holding him down and socking him in the face. he was in custody and being socked in the face.

if he doesn't obey what they say, they have the right to use force to get him to comply. It always has been the way and always will be.

"Mr Criminal, can you please put your arms together so we can get the cuffs on." doesn't always work. It obviously didn't work for these cops either.

Edit:
    he was in custody and being socked in the face
    For the record, your not "in custody" until you've made it to the police station restrained.

These cops were JUST getting this guy under control.You could say at the point of this footage, it was the apprehension stages...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker PSP_Bro's Avatar
    I agree, you hav to do what you have to do to take control of the situation. Just because every time there's white cops and a black criminal, and his black friends take out the camera, doesn't mean the same thing doesn't happen on a daily basis with white criminals and black cops.
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    who me? im a perfect lil angel
    Quoted For Truth......Quoted for Truth

Quote Originally Posted by lead2gold
    if he doesn't obey what they say, they have the right to use force to get him to comply. It always has been the way and always will be.

"Mr Criminal, can you please put your arms together so we can get the cuffs on." doesn't always work. It obviously didn't work for these cops either.

Edit:

For the record, your not "in custody" until you've made it to the police station restrained.

These cops were JUST getting this guy under control.You could say at the point of this footage, it was the apprehension stages...

EDIT - I would have no problem with this if they were up and walking around and were in a fist fight but that wasnt the story we ALL saw on the VID.

Word: custody. n. (with `in') guardianship over;

when you are with the police whether hand cuffed or inside the patrol car you are in custody, believe i have been around so many cops to know this.

you said they are getting him under control, when do you stop putting him under control when the other cop had his legs? or when then the other cop had his knee in his neck, while the suspect yelling "i cant breathe" but your defintion of under control is all the above and socking him in the face? Correct me if im wrong.

BTW: Race had nothing to do with it, It was using Excessive Force. On a suspect that was already detained on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by sliver
    Word: custody. n. (with `in') guardianship over;
    when you are with the police whether hand cuffed or inside the patrol car you are in custody.
    Exactly, Thanking for proving what i already stated! I think we can both agree that this guy wasn't in custody now.

Quote Originally Posted by sliver
    you said they are getting him under control, when do you stop putting him under control when the other cop had his legs? or when then the other cop had his knee in his neck, while the suspect yelling "i cant breathe" but your definition of under control is all the above and socking him in the face? Correct me if im wrong.
    Here is what actually happened that day:
    |................................................. ......................................|
    And here is how much of the story that that 20 second video clip showed:
    |..|

No questions asked... if the cops had just gotten out of their car, tackled an innocent bistandard and then beat him then they are at fault.

But to show a 20 second clip of cops at the end of their pursuit states absolutely nothing but makes them look bad. And how many cops do you know just jump out of their car and beat down on an innocent person. Not to many, most cases 999/1000 they'll have good reason to use force.

cops will gang up on their opponent, they have too. For all we know 10 seconds ago suspect could have just kicked the shit out of the cop who is punching. That cop got help and they restrained him. It's the way the system works. Until the cuffs are on and the suspect listens to what is required of him, they will continue to do what is nessisary to maintain control.

Cops will ALWAYS outnumber their opponents when possible. It's called "Backup". Cops will ALWAYS use force to take the situation under THEIR control.

Take this scenario (I'll use the word "you" in hopes that that is what you'd do):
    If you were at a park, and saw a grown man beating the living shit out of some poor kid (for whatever reason). You approach and the man and tell him to leave the poor kid alone. At this point the kid is probably really hurt. The man starts throwing punches at you telling you to mind your own business. The most logical thing to do at this point is scream for help (if your worried for your own safety). If the man attacks... (drunk... drugged)... you've got to at least defend yourself... you can keep blocking his punches, run for a bit if you like... but if he's persistent, at one point of your cries for help your going to have to hit back.

Oh.. but when you do... that is the footage I'm putting on the net... of you striking the man... the whole 20 seconds of you punching the man! Boy won't you look bad! Wouldn't ya think?

it's obvious that he was a criminal and resisting arrest. there's two cops holding him down, one with his knee on his throat. let me stick my knee on your throat and see if you go anywhere. he was held down and restrained. Instead of trying to cuff him, the cop proceeds to punch him in the face. It's excessive no matter what happened previously. My point is, the one guy had him restrained enough that the other could cuff him, but they hold him down and hit him in the face. Now I understand not all cops are bad, but every single one I've come across is a pompous fuckbag weasel. I have a plethora of stories of incidents in my hometown that further the point, if you would like to hear them.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker PSP_Bro's Avatar
    You know I would n8....you know I would
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    who me? im a perfect lil angel
    Quoted For Truth......Quoted for Truth

POlice is nothing but a gang

Quote Originally Posted by scarface
    POlice is nothing but a gang
    ..yes, and they are all out to get us

Try living one day without cops. Sure that video may turn heads wondering why he was doing that, but thats a 10 second clip What if the guy had a gun to one of the cops face? We have no clue what went on before that video.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast