Thread: My X-Box Live!!!!

1. #1 My X-Box Live!!!! 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP coheed's Avatar
    Okay I know that this is a psp forum, but I know a lot of you play the X-Box 360, and I just got mine last week. The problem I'm having is, I can't get onto my X-Box Live account! I went out and bought a wireless G Gaming adapter to connect to my wireless router, but when I try to connect it says I have a problem with the IP address. I have my IP address and the routers, and I've tried most, if not all of the troubleshooting to get this thing up and running, but it's not happening. If anyone has encountered the same problem and has fixed it, please help me!

PSP Bricked, But Looking For New One!!!

Member PSP User
    Buy some cable and connect it directly from your 360 to your router. Wireless connections are usually nothing but trouble. Mine used to die on me in the middle of my games and such resulting bad feedback and whatever else. You'll be better off and you can still keep your wireless router.

My router is all the way down in my basement, that's why I bought this. If they are so much trouble, why did X-box make one just for the 360?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    I would say, disable all security on your router, enable dhcp, disable any spi or firewall you may have on your router, then enable dhcp on your 360, then try again. if you can connect, then you can slowly change the options back until you find the problem.

yah I use the wireless adapter as well...I can be a pain in teh ass sometimes. I found help on the MS site though. It helped me set it all up with no problems now.

Okay I disabled all of the security systems and I have no idea what a dhcp is

dhcp is automatic assignment of ip addresses. There should be a setting under your router's LAN setup that has an option to enable the dhcp server (not using static ip addresses). make sure that it's enabled on both your xbox and your router.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1231
    I can be a pain in teh ass sometimes.
    come on rob, don't be so hard on yourself

Okay not to sound like an idiot, (I know that I am) but how do I get to the routers LAN setup on both the PC and the 360?

ok, what you need to do on the 360 is go to the network tab under settings and make sure it says dynamic (dhcp or obtain automatically) under ip address, this is the setting for the 360, not the router. now on the computer, log in to the router's set up page and make sure the dhcp server is turned on. I'm assuming it is, since you probably didn't change it if you don't know what it is, unless someone else set it up for you, then run the network test on the 360 and see if it fails any of the tests. We should seriously start a petition to create xboxmod.com...

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    another suggestion would be to put your ip ,mac, dns , and all that on your own if you know what they are, go to cmd and type ipconfig it will show you all the info then your wr should due the rest if not call xbox and pray for an american there very helpful haha
    Sony PSP=$300.00
    Accesorys=$45.00
    Games=$120.00
    Laughing at the Nintedo DS owners=Priceless