Thread: Blue and White Collars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Blue and White Collars 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Virus_Nyne's Avatar
    I figured it would be perty sweet to find out how many of us work, where, what we do, benefits, hours, payrate, etc. I mean jobs, either for family or that deducts taxes from your pay, not selling drugs or pop tarts out of bookbags.

I work at a used car lot, cleaning cars is my primary job. Since there are 3 of us that work there, I'm usually getting the short end of everything and going to run errands, take care of the lawn, go spot for reposessions, doing reposessions, saving people from breakdowns, and when our manager isn't there, I manage the lot. I sell cars. I sell lots of cars. I take payments, I order things. I'm pretty much capable of running the lot on my own now.

I get paid 150 dollars a week at 34 hours. I work from 1p-6p everyday after school, and Saturdays from 9a-6p. Though the pay sucks, I get free full coverage auto insurance with a tag for no cost to me. I'm easily worth 12 dollars an hour at a professional car lot, but the insurance was too hard to pass up on, especially for my age, vehicle, and record. Sometimes I get to work on my vehicle, sometimes clean it. I almost always finish early so I get off 15 minutes to a half hour and still get paid, since I'm on a salary.
    Hardass Extraordinaire - Mad And Nocturnal

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    right now, during the school year I work in the school's IT department whenever I'm not in class, I get $5.15 an hour, no benefits, unless you count having admin access to everything . during J-term (we get a month and a half off for christmas) I'll be working with my dad doing restaurant equipment/refrigeration maintenance/repair. I get paid much better working with him . this summer I'm applying for a couple internships at microsoft and adobe, but if I end up not getting it, I'll prolly work at gamestop or radioshack or something until the following summer.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP xpsychox's Avatar
    as of right now im an electrician/sign technician

i work at a place called innovative lighting systems and we do work all over the state of florida. for the past month or so we have been installing baseball stadium lights(i.e. the 80ft tall ones that have 30000watt metal halide lamps and illuminate the stadium at night)we put up the poles and everything. when we aren't doing that we put up signs for many companies such as CVS pharmacy, and United southern bank, and waffle house's.

as for what my job description is, im an electricians assistant, but i don't really assist anything, i do the exact same thing he does.

i get paid $10.50 and hour and 15.25 overtime(which i get about 12 hours a week of). i get paid weekly also.

i've been in this line of buisness long enough(since i graduated in may) to know that i hate it and this isn't what i want to do the rest of my life. so ive got another job lined up right now to be a computer repair technician at computer tech pro, and i should be starting in a week or so. then im going to get my A+ certification starting in august, and then going to college part time after that.

Quote Originally Posted by xpsychox
    i've been in this line of buisness long enough(since i graduated in may) to know that i hate it and this isn't what i want to do the rest of my life. so ive got another job lined up right now to be a computer repair technician at computer tech pro, and i should be starting in a week or so. then im going to get my A+ certification starting in august, and then going to college part time after that.
    Don't shunt any skills you pick up. I would love to have the experience you have, since I'm having electrical troubles with my car. Not only that, I also want to design and customize cars, not in the "add rims and grille" fashion, but complete interiors, lights, drivetrain work, custom electrical modules(such as MAF translators and shit). Hell, I only have a basis in electrical, enough to get slightly by. I can clean a car damn good, and am handy with a welder/cutting torch, but I want to know more.

electrical is rather easy to pick up...it just takes a little hands on. and i would never shunt the skills i pick up on anything, i use them every day.

example: sunday i wired my car up for my new phoenix gold, subs and amp. Then i wired up an internal power inverter, for my xbox, so i don't have that big clunky inverter sitting in the floorboard of my backseat

btw. if you need a little help on something electrical just send me a pm or something and ill be happy to see if i can help at all

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    i dont like to flant the fact that i never have to work a day in my life. i inheretenced a decent chunk of money a few months ago, so its been good

i do work occasionally just to do something. i worked at wallymart for 2 yrs till i got my inheretence, so now im sitting pretty. i do lil things and get paid... like helping my friends out with chores, wiring car stereos, doing basic car work. etc. i made $200 the other month when i installed new rotors and pads on my friends acura... so yeah. im more or less a mercanery lol
    R.I.P Zoidberg

don't forget about exterminator

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker miamiheat4life's Avatar
    yea my dad owns his own mobile car wash so whenever i wanna work i would. and make 40 to 70 bucks
    and plus we got some really cool rich clients even some nfl players

but now i wanna drop that and work as a Dj

Quote Originally Posted by xpsychox
    don't forget about exterminator
    lol, i didnt get paid for that one though
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Yah, i work with my dad, heh. He does kitchens for a living. So, pretty much help him install every once and a while. Not bad because he pays me $8/hour and I'm fine with that. Also, I sometimes work at our local Gym. My friend's dad owns the building so I work there whenever he need someone to watch it for him.

work with my S-dad. i paint houses interrior/exterrior for $70-100 a day.

Quote Originally Posted by julie
    i dont like to flant the fact that i never have to work a day in my life. i inheretenced a decent chunk of money a few months ago, so its been good

i do work occasionally just to do something. i worked at wallymart for 2 yrs till i got my inheretence, so now im sitting pretty. i do lil things and get paid... like helping my friends out with chores, wiring car stereos, doing basic car work. etc. i made $200 the other month when i installed new rotors and pads on my friends acura... so yeah. im more or less a mercanery lol
    You been drinking?

Flant should be flaunt. Inheretenced should be inhereted. Mercanery should be mercenary. You don't typically make mistakes in the spelling department.

yeah... achohaul is good
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Quote Originally Posted by julie
    yeah... achohaul is good
    wow im not sure if that was intentional or not, but it made me laugh regaurdless

nothing wrong with drinking once in awhile. this is my first time in well over 2 months
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast