Thread: gamestop psp's

1. #1 gamestop psp's 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Zelly's Avatar
    do you think if i go to a gamestop and buy a used psp it will be the most recent firmware

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker spikyhunter3's Avatar
    if you buy a used one ask them if you can see it before you buy it jhust be like I wanna look for dead pixels and check firmware and stuff, thats what I did when I bought a used psp last summer

Drizzle's awesome work!
    Raiden: Still ticking, huh?
    Vamp: Unfortunately, Hell had no vacancies

psp
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker psp's Avatar
    also id recemend the gamestop warranty two, i also bought a used one, but it was a TA-82, so i purposely bricked it,

brought it in a the next day, got me a another 2.5 TA-81 PSP and a bunch of free stuff
    PSP is back!!!

PSP modder
    l Rockin the 3.90 M33-3 Fat psp l Paintball Player l Reppin and sponsored by Dynamic Games Paintball

Even if they wont let you check, it probably will be older just because there are more downgradeable versions out there.
    __.--MonK--.__

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelly
    do you think if i go to a gamestop and buy a used psp it will be the most recent firmware

Most likely not, who knows how long they have been there, whats the worst they can say "no we cant open the box" which would be dumb on there part but ot each there own

Quote Originally Posted by TwoLOUD
    Most likely not, who knows how long they have been there, whats the worst they can say "no we cant open the box" which would be dumb on there part but ot each there own
    Back when I wanted a new PSP I went to gamestop to see how much it woukld cost me and to check if they had any 2.71- , well they didnt let me check but they did it for me. So unless they are just assholes, I dont see why not.
    __.--MonK--.__

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    hmm i went to gamestop and straight out was like "i want a 1.5 or something i can downgrade... can i trade in my (when i bought it used from them was a 2.81)... he said "sorry we always upgrade to the newest firmware" and he was acting like a dick... but EB games let me check it out myself all the time... they even told me "your gonna need a 1.5... for your emulators and stuff... we only got maybe 2.5 and above" so at least they were cool about it

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    I bought a PSP from a Gamestop and it was a 3.30.I had a bricked one at home.So I just switched the serial numbers and got another one.SO I basically got 2 PSP's for the price of one.The second one I got was a 1.50 surprisingly.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Major Zero's Avatar
    Ooo Gamestop, all of the them that I have been to in Central and Bayarea Cali have all been DICKS!!! Maybe Game Crazy might be a better way over here... I've gone into a gamestop and had asked to see all of there GTA:LCS to see if its the right one, the dude goes "I'm sorry I'm not allowed to let the customer handel the items, they could eaisly just run off with it" So I said "Fine well hold it up so I can see it" the guy hold ups the UMD and Spins it and say "See it's all good still in the UMD Case" *Dumbshit* Ofcourse I couldn't read the Numbers to see if it was a 2.0 or not and its realy funny cuz he knows so much about UMD's. samething with their PSP's, they couldn't take it out of the glass case unless I'm buying, I CAN'T LOOK AT THE DAMN THING?

Now when I went to game Crazy 3 out of the 4 dudes who worked there all had modded PSP's... go figure...
    Refresh for more Sigs

Retired PSP Elite Hacker fubar42o's Avatar
    I managed at GameStop for 3 years. They dont upgrade their used PSPs to the newest firmware, thats alot of BS. now their refurbed ones might be upgraded since they get shipped back to corporate to be repaired, but not the used ones. whenever someone came into my store and wanted to check out used PSPs, I had no problem taking them all out of the back room/glass case and letting them find the one that they liked the most. Some stores have dickhead employees. Some stores rock. It all depends on who's working there.

It also might help to get to know some of the employees first before walking in there and asking them to do you a bunch of favors, since technically they dont have to let you look at them. They can just grab any unit they want out of the back. When I managed the store I had the 1.50/Downgradeable PSP's in their own separate pile just for the people who came into my store and asked nicely ;P
    Last edited by fubar42o; 11-24-2007 at 02:28 AM.

"don't fucking ask me. i don't know..."

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    I always hear horror stories about EBGames/Gamestop. I guess I'm just lucky not only because there are now within 15 minutes of my house but they're almost always really cool. Yea you get a dick or two, but they don't tend to stay long.