Thread: Xbox 360

1. #1 Xbox 360 
    hi guys i need your help, i got xbox360 shows E74 error on TV screen. so i did the following things, still not success. my xbox360 Mfg date: 2007 shows.

1)-i did x-clamp on to heat sinks with thermal past etc, still i am getting same error E74.

2)-i did this back on the board, i remove 4 elastic white past (by manufacturar comes this elastic white paste there) & i put thermal past treatment then reattach that 4 elastic paste back on it, still E74 error shows on TV.

based on your experience, what is the best solution to fix this error. and its look like software error may be, because my mothermoard looks very new inside. so "how to fix Software error E74",.

or if you know any j-tag technique to fix this xbox360, please let me know, i will give a try.

hopefully waiting for your replies.

thanks for your help.

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Throw the Phat 360 in the trash where it belongs and get a new Slim 360. Once it happens there's no way to fix it again. You can keep trying to fix it if you want but it will break sooner and sooner each time. Sell it or toss it.

hi guys, i did Oven Cook today for 2 hours 15 minutes, after done that, then i connect to TV. Now when i power ON then for a second i saw "xbox360 screen only one time" then i am getting Right side bottom 1 red light on for a second, there after this light goes off then on Left side i am getting 2 red lights ON continously, & on TV nothing shows.

so there is no more E74 error on tv, just black screen shows, so what i can do in this situation, hope i get some success, if you guys give me some advice. as i read "2 red light means - over heating problem", so how to solve over heating problem.

thanks for your replies.

hi guys, i wrap it up almunium foil on all 4 sides, then i did oven cook.

thanks
    Last edited by rons; 12-17-2012 at 03:57 AM.

It's GARBAGE. Take it apart, save the shell and all of the outside plastic bits, save the DVD driive, save the fan, save the front button/LED panel. Take the metal chassis and throw it in the trash. Sell your leftover parts, and buy a SLIM 360.

hi there, i am trying to search for slim 360. but all search shows "xbox 360 slim",.

because i am planing to buy a nre box on this chrismas sale. so please advice me is this the same problem having in this Slim 360.

please let me know little more detail about slim 360 better or ps3 or ps4 console better.

i saw this on ebay,
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/XBOX-360-SLI...item3a7ccae152

please make me correct is this right or wrong.

thanks for your help
    Last edited by rons; 12-17-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Yes, correct, you definitely want the Slim 360 model. It runs 20F / 7C cooler than the Phat 360 under ALL conditions.

I own both systems because they both have their good points but if I had to make the choice between the two then I would choose the PS3 for one reason and one reason only. Because... if you choose to subscribe to Xbox Live then you get the privilige of using their online service. If you choose to subscribe to PS+ then they give you games and other "free" stuff on a monthly basis in addition to the PSN online/multiplayer service which you get for free right out of the box. Sony's baseline free service PSN let's you do tons of things you have to pay for on Xbox Live. One downside of PS+ is that if you stop subscribing, all the PS+ games stop functioning. Still, your choice of free or paid and both are great services depending on what your priorities are. I don't buy digital content so PS+ is not for me. If you don't mind getting your games digitally PS+ is a NO-BRAINER. Obvious smart buy. Again, I have both a 360 and a PS3 and I would tell you if the 360 were a better service for the money but it's not. I tried a free month of Live Gold and it didn't do anything for me that PSN doesn't do already and for free. I let the subscription run out and then a few months later I hacked my 360. I am not interested in multiplayer for most games; I have a 360 to play first person action games because I think the 360 controller is better than the PS3 controller for that type of game. If I care about the multiplayer or trophies though, then I will get it on PS3.
    Last edited by Slowman; 12-18-2012 at 12:36 AM.

thanks again for you helpful advice. hope i will get one soon....thanks

We really have a thread like this here?

really a good post friend