Thread: Vita UMD passport service announced!

1. #1 Vita UMD passport service announced! 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Okay for those that havn't heard yet, there is a service to transfer your current UMD collection to you Vita for a reduced price(LAME but what else did I expect)

Anyway with this service you will download an app off of the PSN and you pretty much run this app and put the UMD in your disc drive with your psp and it registers
    it to the PSN and cuts the price down.

So a few questions that I have are, How much is this reduced price? If I wanted to use this with my PSP GO can I?(Like I ever would with CFW amuway)
    So are you all happy with this? I'm not excited but I am at least happy they are offering a service even though they charge.
    I myself will be keeping my psp 1000 and my GO for UMD gaming.
    PSP 1000 6.60 ME 1.3

Hacked = 3

TASK FORCE 141 PSP Elite Hacker Pirate's Avatar
    i don't give a damn about it.
    another of sony's ways to extract cash from me after i spent all my dough on the UMDs.
    i shall buy a vita but no transfer of UMDs for me

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    This is logic. Sony should realize that they aren't the only ones who have common senses. We're buying Vita not because we wanted to have a better quality console to play our PSP games, it's because of what vita has to offer us gamers and ofcourse, to play Vita games. -____-''

Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    actually faust, they do have sense, because there are people with no sense and plenty of cash to spend, idiots re-buying games happily for their new console
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

...even a noob like you can click the link...

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    see, that's the reason why i'm home-schooling my children....=____=''

Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    that's the worst idea ever in history
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

...even a noob like you can click the link...

People will jump through the craziest hoops to get a hold of something familiar, from listening to the same song and watching the same films over and over again to playing old, inferior, nostalgic video games on a new console. You're no exception. I'm no exception. I've ended up with multiple copies of the same game on occasion, just because I really liked it and it game in a new, shiny box.

This is the most basic foundation of marketing, and is why Nintendo keeps releasing the same Mario game in a differently shaped cartridge every 5 years, why Sony keeps shuffling their titles around - LittleBigPlanet to PSP, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd to PS3, Silent Hill Ørigins (løl) to PS2, and so on.

The Vita Passport service thingy whatever is brilliant because not only does the theory say that selling old shovelware is lucrative, but it works in practice as well. People scarf down "HD re-releases" like hot buns, and any game with a "2" or a "3" in its title is a lot easier to market.

How much is this reduced price?
    Concerning the prices of these "Passport" titles, I don't think there have been any set-in-stone announcements, but this Japanese press release has a price list none the less.

It seems they are aiming for prices in the 500 to 1000 yen (approx. 6 to 12 USD) price range. Let's assume the US and europe prices will be similar, probably in the 5 to 10 dollar range, or possibly upwards of 15 bucks, depending on how Sony likes to do their prices overseas.

If I wanted to use this with my PSP GO can I?
    Good question. Seeing as it's marketed as "UMD Passport", I think it's safe to say that only actual, physical UMD cartridges will be eligible for this discount. That's not to say they won't release a bunch of PSP games on the PS Store at a slightly higher "full" price. My guess; 15-20 bucks per game, or something along those lines. I can hear the Sony Executive Shredded Money Shower™ power up already...

tl;dr - UMD Passport probably 5-10 dollars per game. Probably not available for GO (no UMDs, duh).

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Well what I meant with my Go is, Can I register the UMD with my 1000 and then download it with my GO for the discounted price? They would be stupid not to allow that, I see absolutely no reason why they wouldn't. I wouldn't ever use this option anyways Especially since I have my Go hacked, but I was just asking for other people.

Thanks for the replys.
    PSP 1000 6.60 ME 1.3

Hacked = 3

Quote Originally Posted by clutch View Post
    Well what I meant with my Go is, Can I register the UMD with my 1000 and then download it with my GO for the discounted price?
    Ohh... Well, same problem really. As I understand it this is a service for the PS Vita, so I would assume they won't be available for download to any model of PSP.

That's just speculation though, nobody but Sony knows what Sony will do.