Thread: Pre-Order Japanese PS Vita?

1. #1 Pre-Order Japanese PS Vita? 
    Administrator I Modded My PSP
    Does anyone know where I could pre-order a couple of japanese PS Vita's? (from a reliable source...?)

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    This question got me interested in finding one. Prices are high at the moment in anticipation of the launch. ¥37,000/$477/303 on amazon.co.jp right now. O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Slowman View Post
    This question got me interested in finding one. Prices are high at the moment in anticipation of the launch. ¥37,000/$477/303 on amazon.co.jp right now. O_O
    Surely they won't ship worldwide, right?

If you wanted one from Amazon you'd have to list a shipping address in Japan, no?

I'm guessing someone will make business out of exporting them eventually, but I imagine Sony put in some rules to prevent official retailers from shipping to other regions. I could be wrong.

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

There we go. That's of what I was thinking.

So $525 for a wifi Vita on launch. I'm guessing that doesn't include shipping. Then add some for the memory card, a couple of games, maybe an accessory if you're into that kind of thing. Top it off with US customs tacking on some tax, and I guess it comes out to a cool grand or so.

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    Yeah I'll most likely be waiting for the US release and a price drop along with it. I'll definitely be getting me some kind of case along with it to protect it and the screen. Of course if it gets hacked fairly quick I could be changing my mind about waiting. Especially if there is a way found to unbrick them. Highly doubtful though but you never know.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

I may get one on release day but I want to see more games that interest me in order to justify it. I sure as hell wouldn't pay $525 for one though either. I'm in for $250 and no more.

TASK FORCE 141 PSP Elite Hacker Pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowman View Post
    I may get one on release day but I want to see more games that interest me in order to justify it. I sure as hell wouldn't pay $525 for one though either. I'm in for $250 and no more.
    yeah 525$ is too much for vita. i'm willing to pay max 300 bucks and not a penny more.
    of course sony will bring the price down, when they see no one wants it at 525 bucks

Sony isn't listing it for $525, play-asia is listing it for $525. Sony is listing it for $250 US / 24,980 ($325) Japan for the WiFi only model. play-asia is just taking advantage of the hype. Check out their game prices; they're also very high.

Administrator I Modded My PSP
    Hmm, yeah maybe ill give that a miss....

Weighing up when I will actually recieve it, most places say end of decemeber.
    so by the time I actually get it and get time to play with it then it will be mid-end of jan so think I will just pre-order the UK version at half the price!

I wanted to run a giveaway, but think I will do that on the UK/US launch rather than rushing in to get the Jap version.
    Atleast that way I get also order the 3G version as read that although the Vita will be region-free, the 3G won't be.

PsP SaGe PSP Mad Hacker RoXante's Avatar
    Lol, hopefully i'll be gettin it at launch.
    Its not worth importing the jp ps vita. Of course its region-free(also, of course you can change the system language) and all but you wouldn't want to spend all that money on it + the other games.
    Just wait for the u.s. release(assuming that you live everywhere else except japan from what i've read, excluding the other countries) and spend the $249 for wi-fi only model or $299 for 3g/wi-fi model.
    Its not worth the $525, thats insane.