Thread: PS Vita lacks game/web multitasking; single PSN limit

1. #1 PS Vita lacks game/web multitasking; single PSN limit 
    I want it all, brand new socks and draws! PSP Mad Hacker thecoo1est's Avatar
    Sony’s PS Vita handheld will ship with limits on multitasking preventing web browsing while a game is running in the background, as well limits on how many PlayStation Network accounts can be used with a single unit, new information ahead of the console’s launch has confirmed. The company confirmed to AV Watch that, at least at launch, although gamers will be able to temporarily leap out of their current play and check their friends list, music and Twitter, they won’t be able to browse the web.

That could well change later on, with a firmware update, the company says. However, whereas smartphones can usually multitask between all functionality, Sony points out that expectations of a gaming-centric device are difference: the resources needed for playing games themselves are given priority.

As for PlayStation Network (PSN) access, according Sony Japan FAQ indicating that only one account may be set up at any one time on a PS Vita unit. That’s the same as on the existing PSP; however, as Sony’s Brad Douglas confirmed, the Vita will demand a factory reset when logging into a new account.

The news has implications for those hoping to share a PS Vita with their friends or family, or indeed those wanting to access digital titles only available with PSN accounts from certain countries. Sony also revealed that the Vita will need a special data management app if plugged into a PC, rather than simply presenting as an external mass storage drive; Mac users will have to wait for their version of the app, since it won’t be ready at launch.

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    This info doesn't affect me that much so its not that big of a deal to me, but all of the limits they are setting for this device is getting stupid. However I do understand the multi-tasking side.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    however, as Sony’s Brad Douglas confirmed, the Vita will demand a factory reset when logging into a new account.
    AKA

however, as Sony’s Brad Douglas confirmed, the Vita does have a service mode and some sort of way to access it.
    I guess that depends on what he means by factory reset. He could just be referring to using an option in the settings menu to clear all data or something.