Thread: 6 Reasons not to buy a PS Vita

1. #1 6 Reasons not to buy a PS Vita 
    I want it all, brand new socks and draws! PSP Mad Hacker thecoo1est's Avatar
    Im getting a PSVita on launch in U.S. regardless, but I figured I would throw together a list one might find enough reasons not to get a PSVita.

1. PS Vita's Memory Card Prices Are Really Expensive
    This isnt as heartbreaking since the news of digital downloads savings over physical copies, but the memory is still rather high.

2. Short Battery Life, Worse Than the 3DS'
    One of the most important aspects of portability is battery life, Sony is prepared with extra batteries and chargers for you to buy at launch, but it doesnt feel as portable when you need to carry around a backpack to keep your accessories in.

3. PSOne Classics and other Game Archives won't work on Vita at Launch
    This is only at launch in Japan market for now, this may or may not be fixed in time for U.S./European launch.

4. Vita's 'UMD Passport' Feature Will Not Support Most Games.
    This is disappointing but not very surprising, they charge you twice for games that you already own to transfer and now most of them might not even work

5. Vita Won't Support Simultaneous Web Browsing and Gameplay
    While this isnt possible to do in a productive way anyway, they should still give you the option, but I do understand sony's view on this sony says "It because they want games to be priority in the system and doesnt share sources so that the gaming experience is excellent" good enough for me I guess.

6. Vita Limited to One PSN Account Per Console, Unless...
    Recent news from a Sony rep. has suggested the vita is capable of multiple psn accounts, however, only one can be locked to 1 memory card at a time, otherwise you will need to format the card to use a different psn account.
    Last edited by thecoo1est; 12-08-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker -GunslingerGirl-'s Avatar
    So they don't want you to browse the web and play games at the same time because...because they said so? WTF MAN. That's sony for you. And I don't understand point 3.
    Well the way I see it, I'm the judge and my bullets are the jury.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -GunslingerGirl- View Post
    So they don't want you to browse the web and play games at the same time because...because they said so? WTF MAN. That's sony for you. And I don't understand point 3.
    All the PSN Eboots you bought no longer work, sorry. Also I'll wait to buy it used or for the inevitable price drop.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

PsP SaGe PSP Mad Hacker RoXante's Avatar
    Lol, now you can get rid of #6 and call this thread "5 Reasons not to buy a PS Vita"
    From SONY--> Vita Will Allow Multiple PSN Accounts, Sony Says

I want it all, brand new socks and draws! PSP Mad Hacker thecoo1est's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoXante View Post
    Lol, now you can get rid of #6 and call this thread "5 Reasons not to buy a PS Vita"
    From SONY--> Vita Will Allow Multiple PSN Accounts, Sony Says
    yea I read this earlier on escapist, I didnt scratch it but I updated it, because I feel that the hurdles needed to jump through to have multiple psn accounts is a turn off to some people. I for one dont care because I have one main psn account that I will always use but for those out there that really really want multiple psn accounts, theyre going to need multiple expensive memory cards unless they format the ms everytime they want to switch accounts and re-download all their stuff from that user account, whoever would do that and their reasoning is beyond me, but I guess this prevents sharing games, and that I believe that is the #1 motive behind this shit!