Thread: AT&T doesn't have a clue about the Vita

1. #1 AT&T doesn't have a clue about the Vita 
    PsP SaGe PSP Mad Hacker RoXante's Avatar

Eager gamers awaiting the PS Vita will have a choice of either the WiFi model or the 3G model. The 3G model is said to have exclusivity with AT&T which begs the question: How much are they expected to pay each month if they're picking up that model come February.

I myself have contacted AT&T twice, once through their online customer service and once by phone. Both times, they didn't seem to have a clue about pricing for the Vita, or let alone what a PS Vita even is. I unfortunately didn't save my conversation with the rep but after looking for a bit, user ramonini on the psvitagamer.net forum posted his online chat with an AT&T representative, and turns out it went very much the same way like mine.

You are now chatting with Jenny Sy., an AT&T sales representative.

Jenny Sy.: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How may I assist you with placing your order today?

Ramon: Hello I need help with something else . I was trying to chat with someone but it wouldn't give me the option and when it never went thru . My question is what is the data plan for the upcoming Playstation Vita ? Do you have any info on this ?

Jenny Sy.: I would be happy to help you with your questions today!

Ramon: thanks

Jenny Sy.: Please give me a moment to see what I can find for you.

Ramon: thank you

Jenny Sy.: Your welcome.

Jenny Sy.: SO currently we have the Elevate Mobile hotspot that give Wi-Fi access. Things might change closer to when it is released though.

Ramon: well the playstation vita will have a sim card slot and at&t being the 3g provider what would be the need for a hotspot ?

Jenny Sy.: Sorry we do not have much info on this device as of yet. Let me see what else I can find for you.

Ramon: Thank you . Its being release on February and I am getting the 3G version . But i would like to know the data plan to see if i should get the service or not .

Jenny Sy.: You would actually need to take the Vita into a local store and see what they can offer you. Our SIM cards are only good for phone service with plans.

Ramon: Ok I guess ill do that . Hopefully At&t announces something before the release . It seems like much of hassle to go to the store and find out . thanks for the help
    So there you have it, apparently to find out more about the PS Vita's 3G plan, you will have to go to an AT&T store. It's a little sad, and kind of scary that not even two months before the Vita's release, AT&T's reps aren't fully caught up on this new piece of technology that they will exclusively support.

source: gamezone

Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    at&t doesn't have a clue period.

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    AT&T didn't have a clue when the iPhone 3G launched either and the rush of people using the (then new) 3G network just hit them in the ass at the speed of light.

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    welll i for one dont give a fuck i got the wifi model on order
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Hardware Modder PSP Elite Hacker BrokenRoses22's Avatar
    I got the 3g version only because the sim chip slot will give a more advantage on mods.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRoses22 View Post
    I got the 3g version only because the sim chip slot will give a more advantage on mods.
    I highly doubt the sim slot will offer any advantages in modding it. If there was any I'm sure jailbreakers would of been using it on the iPhones.

But yeah wifi versio for me anyways. Not like online gaming on 3G would be good anyway, got my iPhone for web browsing.