Thread: PS VITA Encryption Flaw (A New Hope)

1. #1 PS VITA Encryption Flaw (A New Hope) 
    I want it all, brand new socks and draws! PSP Mad Hacker thecoo1est's Avatar
    SKFU of SKFUBlog says:

Since I finally have access to a retail PS VITA, today I started with some basic tests.

After a complete freeze of the system within the first 5 minutes after unboxing (*always happens to new consoles 4 me rofl*), I went on and noticed that there is a problem with the VITA's encryption functions and was able to decrypt some test files directly via the system.

I will post updates as soon as I have news
    PSVita-Mod.Com - PS Vita Forum, PSV Hacks, PS Vita Hacks, Psvita, News

PsP SaGe PSP Mad Hacker RoXante's Avatar
    Interested.

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    I've got a feeling that this will end up like the PS3. It'll be hacked, a civil court trial will ensue, and all coders affiliated with the console will retire. When was the last time we heard of new developments in the world of PS3 hacking?
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

Quote Originally Posted by fuckingclassy View Post
    I've got a feeling that this will end up like the PS3. It'll be hacked, a civil court trial will ensue, and all coders affiliated with the console will retire. When was the last time we heard of new developments in the world of PS3 hacking?
    its still alive, ps3hax.net is a good example, lively community over there

PsP SaGe PSP Mad Hacker RoXante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fuckingclassy View Post
    wow, lmao.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Ehh if something Does come from this it'll be patched up before The US release. I don't see the vita really ever being modded like the psp was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan View Post
    Ehh if something Does come from this it'll be patched up before The US release. I don't see the vita really ever being modded like the psp was.
    Well yea if Sony can find it they will patch it, it will be the same back and forth it was with the psp. I mean if the ps3 can be done and still have the lively scene it has then the vita will get it also, the people doing these things have nothing but time and everything can be hacked. Even if they do patch it thats not going to matter, the people finding these exploits will just move on and find another way, its what these guys do.

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    ^^^^ Yep, if I only knew the first thing about finding exploits and the such I would give it a crack but that stuff goes way over my head.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.