Thread: PS Vita & Free Wifi = No

1. #1 PS Vita & Free Wifi = No 
    Hello!

Im wondering if anyone else is having this same issue, and if they've found a workaround for it!

With Free Wifi (I'll use Queensland Rail and Maccas's as an example) that requires you to read T&C then hit an I agree button on a webpage before you can use the web - This is impossible on a Vita.

The vita connects, but doesnt get redirected to the page needed to click said i agree button.

So no free wifi for you

I've phoned sony support. They are aware of the issue. They cant tell us if its going to be fixed in any updated firmware. No ETA. No Workarounds. Thanks Sony! You'r so great! /scarcasm

2nd issue is Free wifi from my work.

I had to manualy set it up as the SSID is hidden. No wukkas with that.

But, same issue. It can get a connection, it can get an ip address, but it fails to connect to the internet.

I work in IT - ive tried setting it up manualy with an IP address, put in the DNS servers, there is no proxy needed for the work wifi.... Still the same issue.

Sony wants me to reset the router/access point. Not gunna happen. It works for every man and his dog, bar the Vita. The problem does not lie with the access point/router, it lies with the vita Itself.

And sony honestly cant understand why people choose to homebrew their systems? When they cant even get the simle shit right? Seriously >.<

So yes... anyone else having these issues? Workarounds found at all??

It works fine with my home WIFI tho. Go figure.

Le sigh

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tigahawk View Post
    Hello!

Im wondering if anyone else is having this same issue, and if they've found a workaround for it!

With Free Wifi (I'll use Queensland Rail and Maccas's as an example) that requires you to read T&C then hit an I agree button on a webpage before you can use the web - This is impossible on a Vita.

The vita connects, but doesnt get redirected to the page needed to click said i agree button.

So no free wifi for you

I've phoned sony support. They are aware of the issue. They cant tell us if its going to be fixed in any updated firmware. No ETA. No Workarounds. Thanks Sony! You'r so great! /scarcasm

2nd issue is Free wifi from my work.

I had to manualy set it up as the SSID is hidden. No wukkas with that.

But, same issue. It can get a connection, it can get an ip address, but it fails to connect to the internet.

I work in IT - ive tried setting it up manualy with an IP address, put in the DNS servers, there is no proxy needed for the work wifi.... Still the same issue.

Sony wants me to reset the router/access point. Not gunna happen. It works for every man and his dog, bar the Vita. The problem does not lie with the access point/router, it lies with the vita Itself.

And sony honestly cant understand why people choose to homebrew their systems? When they cant even get the simle shit right? Seriously >.<

So yes... anyone else having these issues? Workarounds found at all??

It works fine with my home WIFI tho. Go figure.

Le sigh
    That's strange on the original PSP you could do this quite easily. Maybe check your settings set it up then try to connect to a page through the browser, it should redirect you to the TOS page.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

When i tried connecting up on the Free Wifi on the train, i'd open up the browser, then try to go to google.com. It doesnt redirect, it just tries to go to google and fails miserably.

A friend of mine uses an iphone and catches the same train as me. Was able to get him to give me the redirect address from his history. I've saved it as a bookmark and go to it manualy - that works as a workaround. I tried calling the train company to get the address off them initialy, after getting transferd around to 8 different departments, all of them going "duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what?" to my question, i dont see this being ideal/practical for getting the redirect page from other free wifi providers.