Thread: PS Vita sucess?

1. #1 PS Vita sucess? 
    Do you think PS Vita will have the same sucess as PSP had?
    XmasterX

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    Psp ha what success lmao
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

sells sucess!
    XmasterX

Quote Originally Posted by dankgame View Post
    Psp ha what success lmao
    More PSP's sold than XBox 360's and they're the 7th best selling console (tv or handheld). It was hacked to shit, but the console itself was still pretty successful in terms of total sales.

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    The PSP is still massively successful in Japan. They're all still playing Monster Hunter on their PSPs and Sony can't seem to sell any Vitas over there.

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    the vita will be so sucessful it will get one game a year like your great psp bwhahahahahahah you think sony would have learnd from there first mistake {cough} the psp{ cough}
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dankgame View Post
    the vita will be so sucessful it will get one game a year like your great psp bwhahahahahahah you think sony would have learnd from there first mistake {cough} the psp{ cough}
    it's going to be so successful they gonna patch a game 3 to 4 times to not get it exploited. they will have an honest 4-5 dozen of patches a year then the console still gives up. this is honestly a war.

Junior Member PSP User Tablecow's Avatar
    Even if the Vita lacks the number of units sold over all in comparison to the psp, why should that matter?

The gamecube or original did not have strong sales either, but both systems had great games.

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablecow View Post
    Even if the Vita lacks the number of units sold over all in comparison to the psp, why should that matter?

The gamecube or original did not have strong sales either, but both systems had great games.
    Number of units sold = install base

When third parties are looking at what platform to make their game on, a larger install base means a higher likelihood to develop for that platform. But when third parties look at the 3DS and see it outselling the Vita 4 to 1 in the United States and also see the 3DS outselling the Vita 14 to 1 (it has been 50 to 1 on a given week if there's a big 3DS game coming out) in Japan then it becomes very obvious what system they'll be making games for.

As it is right now, the Vita is DOOMED. We are coming up on the first complete year of Vita very soon and they need to get more Vitas in more hands NOW and they need to do it with a price cut. Rumors are brewing of a 3DS price cut to $149 and if that's the case then Sony needs to match that.

$250 is a price for handhelds that makes people go, "Yuck. No thank you". It makes me do that. Nintendo got burned trying to sell the 3DS for $250. The Vita is NOT $100 better than a 3DS, nor is it $200 better than a 3DS if you want a 32GB memory card.
    Last edited by Slowman; 12-03-2012 at 01:45 PM.

beer makes me retardedly retarded PSP Mad Hacker diabolic-mind's Avatar
    thats what i am waiting for with the vita, is the price drop. but even so, they need to put effort into the games they make for it, call of duty declassified was a major flop. it sounded like a great idea for the game, but ive read that the company that made it rushed it out the door in under 6 months time, 6 MONTHS, to develop a game start to finish. and upon releasing the game the company was so embarassed by it that they ended up changing there label. i have a few friends that had (past tense) a vita and said the games for it were terrible. i think if i were to get one today, the only games i would end up getting for it would be wipeout 2097, and little deviants.