Thread: 3G?

1. #1 3G? 
    Member PSP User
    So I've notice they seem to be discontinuing the 3G models and there the same price as the wifi only model, should I snatch one up quick? or are they pointless?

L
    The 3G model is linked to AT&T so if you have another carrier, its kinda pointless

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    I bought the 3G version on release, only got a plan once and it was the free month that came with it. I am still glad I have it though cause I would rather have it and not use it then want it then not have it. If I were you and I was going to buy a vita anyways and they are the same price I would get the 3G version without a doubt.

If they cost more though I wouldn't really suggest someone to get it though especially if they are like me and have a smartphone they can tether with unlimited 3G internet.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    The 3G model is linked to AT&T so if you have another carrier, its kinda pointless
    LOL el guapo i remember you. So you have to pay for it right? I was just wondering like the 3G doesn't have a bigger battery or more ram or anything to acomidate the 3G? Its exactly that same as the wifi model?<br>
    <br>

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash 0 View Post
    I bought the 3G version on release, only got a plan once and it was the free month that came with it. I am still glad I have it though cause I would rather have it and not use it then want it then not have it. If I were you and I was going to buy a vita anyways and they are the same price I would get the 3G version without a doubt.

If they cost more though I wouldn't really suggest someone to get it though especially if they are like me and have a smartphone they can tether with unlimited 3G internet.
    The 8GB bundle is 3G and actually $10 less, I think thats what I'm going to go with, I just wanna play gravity rush, the rumored GrandTourismo as the PSP one sucked and maybe FF X-X2 if I don't get it for PS3, really wish these could be modded as just about any PS2 game would be awesome on this.

Another thing is I wish If you bought a compatible PS network game you could play it on the vita but you would have to purchase it again on the vita right??

L
    I believe you can just buy minutes of data from AT&T so that you can use your 3G Vita anywhere. If its the same price, get the 3G Vita

Where I live they no longer let you tether your phone with unlimited bandwidth under AT&T service, Verizon as well makes you pay more for unlimited bandwidth then with limited. So owning a 3G vita will be not very useful for me anyways I live in a velar suburban area, I get 1 to 3 bar max in certain spots and 2G coverage unless I go to town then I am full 4G LTE