Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tanvir175

Thread: [GUIDE] - How to re-enable Trophy eligibility on a used Vita game

1. #1 [GUIDE] - How to re-enable Trophy eligibility on a used Vita game 
    Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    If you have a Vita and live within 10 miles of an independent used game store or worse, a Gamestop, then you've likely run into the problem of not being able to collect Trophies on used games. Let's fix this; it'll take like 30 seconds.

Step 1

-Locate the game that you would like to fix the Trophies for. We're going for Mortal Kombat here.

Step 2

-Hold your finger down over the icon until a little (...) badge appears on the right side of it. Click that little (...) badge and you'll get this screen.

-If you click "Information" then you will see that you are ineligible to get Trophies.

Step 3

-Let's back out of the "Information" screen and go with "Delete" now. Click OK. No, it won't delete the contents of the game card, that would be crazy. It just deletes any information retained from the previous owner.

-Takes just a second

Step 4

-Now exit back to the main LiveArea and take the game card out of the Vita and then just put it right back in. It will install as soon as it clicks back down, like any other new game. Now hold down on the icon again and check the information tab. You should be good to go.

n00bs, please read
    ◔◡◔
    I'd encourage you to read the rules for the forum. They're pretty straightforward and there aren't many of them. http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Senior Member I Modded My PSP MrHappy's Avatar
    I haven't got a vita, but for future references: I assume this will also delete user progress? right? What actually "causes" this to happen? and is there a way to avoid getting this problem? or is it just a defect on using a pre-owned (or cheap) game?
    ♬ Don't Worry... Be Happy! ♬

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I haven't got a vita, but for future references: I assume this will also delete user progress? right? What actually "causes" this to happen? and is there a way to avoid getting this problem? or is it just a defect on using a pre-owned (or cheap) game?
    To be perfectly honest, I'm not quite sure why. It might seem like some way to try and get you to buy games new but then why would they provide with you a super-easy (if slightly hidden) way to fix it? My guess is that the Vita installs some license information on the game card that pertains to the PSN account signed in on the first device it is put into. Some games require a memory card in addition, some games do not. This tells me that save data is also stored on the game card itself.
    n00bs, please read
    ◔◡◔
    I'd encourage you to read the rules for the forum. They're pretty straightforward and there aren't many of them. http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Member PSP User
    I'd like to clarify why this happens.

This does not happen with all used games. I'm too lazy to take pictures now but my proof is that I have gotten Persona 4 Golden from a friend of mine. I was able to earn trophies without doing this.

So why does it happen?? Well the answer is that it's so that you can't take advantage of the trophy earning using someone else's multiplayer stats.
    Many games have multiplayer, such as Mortal Kombat, FIFA, Need for Speed, etc. If you are able to use the old save data and earn trophies, you can have a head start on multiplayer trophies using someone else's data. Also you would be logging into multiplayer with your own PSN account while the save data is associated/attached to their PSN. Now I can't confirm this happens with all multiplayer games but it does for the majority.
    Slowman likes this.