Thread: GameStop's PS Vita Memory card pricing not Official.

1. #1 GameStop's PS Vita Memory card pricing not Official. 
    I want it all, brand new socks and draws! PSP Mad Hacker thecoo1est's Avatar
    Credit to Flash 0 for this find.

Despite Sonyís PS Vita not being available until February of 2012, GameStop has already posted pricing for the device and its various components back in November. However, gamers reactions to the high prices of the memory cards may have resulted in Sonyís recent claims that the GameStop pricing isnít official yet and that gamers should stay tuned for more details.

According to Kotakuís Stephen Totilo, multiple Sony reps confirmed with him this week that the GameStop pricing is not final and that the proprietary PS Vita memory cards are not a hidden cost. GameStop listed the 4GB memory card at $29.99, but Sony reps say that it should be $24.99. The 8GB memory card is listed as $49.99 but it, too, should be corrected to $39.99.

Sony revealed earlier this week that Gamers wanting to use multiple PSN accounts on one PS Vita device would have to use multiple memory cards. PSN accounts are tied to each card and therefore gamers wanting to switch accounts on a single card would have to do a complete factory reset. Multiple card can be used one PSN account.

Source: Slashgear

PsP SaGe PSP Mad Hacker RoXante's Avatar
    well, this is old news for me, but i would just stick with a 4gig. lol, i just suggest buying the memcards from amazon or ebay(cheaper).

Well I planned on the 4gb myself, but after seeing the "updated" prices, I might opt for the 8gb. Its only $10 more that I planned to spend on the 4gb, even though its technically $15 more now, its still a better deal and honestly I think the 8gb will be a better choice.

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    Yeah Nice observation C1 now you have me considering getting an 8 GB. I was planning on just getting a 4gb but now that I have seen your post you have me thinking of getting an 8 GB.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

PsP SaGe PSP Mad Hacker RoXante's Avatar
    hmm, I see. I guess I need to see the size of the games. But I doubt I'll be buying many games.
    I'm just thinkin' of selling some stuff(books) and buyin' 1 game or 2. I'm plannin' on tradin' in my psp to gamestop, but if I get a whack value, im not doin' it. I'll just wait for the vita to be hacked.

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    One reason I am thinking of going ahead and getting an 8gb is so when it is hacked I will be more prepared. I doubt 8gb will do much for me though on this beast lol.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash 0 View Post
    One reason I am thinking of going ahead and getting an 8gb is so when it is hacked I will be more prepared. I doubt 8gb will do much for me though on this beast lol.
    ^^^ that