Thread: Sony PlayStation Vita Delayed; to Roll Out Only in Jan 2012

1. #1 Sony PlayStation Vita Delayed; to Roll Out Only in Jan 2012 
    Hardware Modder PSP Elite Hacker BrokenRoses22's Avatar
    This pissed me off when I read it but its expected and I'll have more money for games.
    All psn psp games WILL be able to play on the Ps Vita. thats very good news for me.

Bad news for gamers…Good news for Nintendo; the all new PlayStation Vita’s release has, allegedly, been postponed to 2012. The console was previously rumored to reach the masses late this year, somewhere around Christmas.

Sony PlayStation Vita Delayed; to Roll Out Only in Jan 2012

Sony’s next-generation portable gaming console will feature improved graphics and controls and a robust online connectivity. Sony announced that 3G service will be provided by AT&T in the United States.

Under the hood, the Vita will be powered by an ARM Cortex-A9 CPU and a PowerVR SGX543MP4+ GPU, both sitting on the bleeding edge for the moment. It will also be the first gaming handheld to feature optional cellular 3G connectivity.

The new handheld will come in an ultra-thin, pocket-ready form, with two analog sticks, a D pad, two shoulder buttons, action buttons (triangle, circle, cross, and square) and the usual array of system-related buttons (power, volume, start, select, and PS button).

Motion controls have also been added to the Vita, in the form of six-axis motion-sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer) and a three-axis electronic compass. It will also feature a multitouch-capacitive touch screen and a multitouch rear touchpad, which will put all your fingers to good use!

We will see a fourfold increase in resolution and almost twice as many pixels per inch (220 PPI versus 128 PPI). The Vita will have a capacitive multitouch 5-inch (16:9) OLED screen that runs at a resolution of 960×544. The front and rear cameras on the gadget will run at a maximum resolution of 640×480 and can record at 120fps at 320×240 and 60fps at 640×480. WOW! Now that can transform your physical world into your PSP world. The Vita also allows the players to play a game on Vita and pick up right where they left off on the PlayStation 3. The PlayStation Network’s cloud save abilities help make this feature a reality.

Though Sony made no comments on the Vita’s battery life, we think you will be able to have a comfortable gaming experience.

So don’t waste time…stock up on your favorite Vita games from your nearest PlayStation store and get ready to enjoy the New Year.
    Source

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    Am I the only one who thinks they (Sony) picked a crappy spot to put the speakers on that thing? I mean, they're in the exact spot where I'd rest my thumbs when they're not on the analog sticks.
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

Quote Originally Posted by fuckingclassy View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks they (Sony) picked a crappy spot to put the speakers on that thing? I mean, they're in the exact spot where I'd rest my thumbs when they're not on the analog sticks.
    I agree with you but their loud so I don't think all the sound will be blocked out. Their apparently 8x more louder than the current psp.

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    This is dumb. They absolutely NEED to launch a few weeks before Christmas. WTF are they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Slowman View Post
    This is dumb. They absolutely NEED to launch a few weeks before Christmas. WTF are they thinking?
    Their thinking of it having good launch titles like killzone and maybe cod so those hardcore gamers, like me, that want it for the new portable challenges.
    Even thou I am also upset with this, I personally, can understand why they are delaying a little but more. thou everyone will spend their money during December for X-Mass.

@Slowman They don't NEED a Christmas launch, it would be optimal, but this way there'd be less Christmas kids online playing.

97% of all statistics are lies this falls into that catagory.

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    ^ If it launched in December, I'm pretty sure everyone would be online, not just the kids.
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    they even skipped our christmas #2 on january 6....
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

...even a noob like you can click the link...

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Since when is people playing online a problem? The more people playing online, the more money they just made from hardware and software sales. If you launch after Christmas then you're missing out on a lot of people. Yes, some folks will buy it anyway but many folks will skip it for something else.

Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    yeah....after black friday, christmas 1, christmas 2, the birthdays of my mother sister and my own ass, i don't think i'll have much cash for the vita.
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

...even a noob like you can click the link...

I'd rather wait till after Christmas than have to fight every parent trying to get one for their kid and standing on extra long lines during the holiday rush