Thread: What you can do with modded PS3?

1. #1 What you can do with modded PS3? 
    what is the advantage? and also disadvantage...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    disadvantages: no online game play, once you hack your ps3 you will pretty much be instantly MAC address banned from psn forever.

you'll have this choice:

stay on 3.21, purchase the dongle usb, never attempt to sign in to psn cause you'll be banned.
    without signing in to psn, no online gameplay of any kind, ps store access of any kind.

advantages: being a pirate, very small world of homebrew apps and some of which are fakes and causing ps3 bricks to take place.

so that's pretty much it...i see no advantages
    [CENTER]

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    First off, don't listen to goku, he has no clue what he's talking about.

disadvantages: no online game play

bans: no one has been banned yet.

stay on 3.01, 3.03, 3.15 or 3.41

advantages, copy game directly to internal harddrive
    no need for disk in ps3, no having to change disks, homebrew, linux is coming back most likely if you didn't wait for the 3.15 release and went to 3.41

i just did it, it's pretty sweet. worth it if you don't play online.

Administrator PSP Elite Hacker admin's Avatar
    another disadvantage is that not many people have modded there PS3, i believe people are to scared
    PSPMOD Administrator : Useful Links Below

PSPMOD Guides : Downloads : ChatRoom : Free PSP Downloads

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    another disadvantage is that not many people have modded there PS3, i believe people are to scared
    That's me! I love modding stuff but I will at the very least wait until my PS3 is out of warranty. Got a bit more than a year to go, and I'll probably buy another 2 years from Best Buy when that is almost up.

I'm more interested in this clear PS3 Slim case than I am hardware mods.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianbacon View Post
    First off, don't listen to goku, he has no clue what he's talking about.

disadvantages: no online game play

bans: no one has been banned yet.

stay on 3.01, 3.03, 3.15 or 3.41

advantages, copy game directly to internal harddrive
    no need for disk in ps3, no having to change disks, homebrew, linux is coming back most likely if you didn't wait for the 3.15 release and went to 3.41

i just did it, it's pretty sweet. worth it if you don't play online.
    you're right i don't know a person who got theirs banned for installing it...oh wait that was sarcasm.

no online play for my ps3 makes it worthless to me...it's a ps3 piracy tool, the games load so fast off the, all just a cover up scheme
    [CENTER]

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker TheMeek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowman View Post
    That's me! I love modding stuff but I will at the very least wait until my PS3 is out of warranty. Got a bit more than a year to go, and I'll probably buy another 2 years from Best Buy when that is almost up.

I'm more interested in this clear PS3 Slim case than I am hardware mods.
    Now that is SEXY!!, ....Dreadlock, I wouldnt even do it, there are hacks out but theres not much going on, go look at DFS thread on here about Sony going after the people involved, theres also bad homebrew ,story on here about the emulator crashing ps3's, and also a ps3 with no online ??, just not worth it

Junior Member PSP User
    Just clarificating on the Online...Yes you probably cant do Multiplayer. But you still have Internet capability. You can still surf the web on the browser and anything that does not involve PSN.

Honestly PS3 Online Multiplayer isnt that great. I use the PS3 for those games that I dont wanna play with anyone else, and the 360 for everyone else. Though I admit I really liked that one PS3 exclusive game...the ones with the Helgast...whatever that was.

Anyway the hacking advantages of the PS3:
    Bring back ALL disabled features of your PS3.
    Run Backups off your Hard drvie (Yes...It's the door to piracy. There's no stopping it.)
    Homebrew (And as stated earlier some bricks the PS3. So make sure to check the sources and stuff before downloading it.)
    Overclocking the already extremely powerful CPU and Graphics capabilities.
    And saying fuck you to Sony. Sony deserves all the piracy in the world to come down on them.

Disadvantages
    No PSN capability.

Nuff said.

which mod chip (usb) is better for ps3? since there are more than 1 out there ps3break, psjailbreak,... Thank You t

Quote Originally Posted by memo32 View Post
    which mod chip (usb) is better for ps3? since there are more than 1 out there ps3break, psjailbreak,... Thank You t
    that's up to you, there really isn't that many on here with hacked systems...not worth it

no online game play, new patches now in the games, you can't install the game patches when/if needed...just fish around for the right one but i wouldn't do it, it's just not worth it to me but it's up to you.
    [CENTER]

Administrator PSP Elite Hacker admin's Avatar
    that case is sexy
    PSPMOD Administrator : Useful Links Below

PSPMOD Guides : Downloads : ChatRoom : Free PSP Downloads

12. #12 Whats the point 
    What is the point to hacking your PS3 if there is no online play. The PS3 is awesome. Why would you want to ruin it?

Quote Originally Posted by metalhearted1 View Post
    What is the point to hacking your PS3 if there is no online play. The PS3 is awesome. Why would you want to ruin it?
    i get touted for saying it but i'll say it again...it's a piracy thing, plain and simple...once this shit broke out, the torrent sites were blowing up with ps3 games for downloading. so pretty much it's for the jobless, cheap people who can't spend 60$. yeah it's got homebrews like NES/SNES emulators but who cares about that when you lose so much more just to play those???

let's see, break it down:
    i hack my ps3 and i get: pirated games, some homebrews, linux possibly running again, back up my own games to my hdd
    i hack my ps3 and i lose: psn access, no online gaming, no patches to newer games, can't add friends or keep up with friends online...way too much giving up for pretty much nothing in return...but that's my opinion, to each their own though.

forgot to mention you'll lose out on all the newer games, cause when i got Medal of Honor it came with a patch right away before i could play it. now we got S.W. Force Unleashed 2 released, COD Black Ops coming out, GT 5 coming, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, DC Universe coming soon....all these new hot titles and if you're hacking, you're losing out.
    [CENTER]