Thread: modded ps3

1. #1 modded ps3 
    SOR
    ok so i just installed jb3.55 on my ps3 slim it worked i got the install pakages thingy on my games section

now i need help on installing the newest version of

1 blackbox
    2 snes emulator
    3 anything u think i might find useful or helpful

links to guides would be helpful thx

also im happy to be part of this site

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Major Zero's Avatar
    welcome to the site, funny I was asking the other day if we had any PS3 Guides... and I didn't see any..
    well I couldn't really tell you what to do next unless I search on how to do it...
    I know of one person that has Hacked his PS3 and have back up support, but he is now banned from here..

Well Good luck, maybe if I find anything worth while I can make a mock up tut
    Refresh for more Sigs

Banned PSP User
    Install Instructions.
    1. Download the emulator package file, should look something like, SNES9X-3.55.pkg for example. Make sure the .pkg is signed for the 3.55 jailbreak or it wont work.
    2. put the package file onto the root of a flash drive, that means do not put it into a folder.
    3. plug the flash drive into the PS3, go to the Install Package Files option under the Games tab, choose the file, install.
    4. put your roms into a ROMS folder on the USB, or you can use an FTP server to move them straight to your HDD. i think FBANext and GensisPlus wont play any roms unless they are on the HDD, so learn how to use the FTP Server.

SOR
    WOW site has change soo much lol

@ major Z thx

@vgetable thx worked great

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Zero View Post
    welcome to the site, funny I was asking the other day if we had any PS3 Guides... and I didn't see any..
    well I couldn't really tell you what to do next unless I search on how to do it...
    I know of one person that has Hacked his PS3 and have back up support, but he is now banned from here..

Well Good luck, maybe if I find anything worth while I can make a mock up tut
    Who was it/got banned?
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Major Zero's Avatar
    carp, I saw him playing SNES on PSN lol
    Refresh for more Sigs

^ What'd he get banned for? And I knew he modified his PS3.
    Disclaimer:

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Zero View Post
    carp, I saw him playing SNES on PSN lol
    kinda off topic but if you can see that he's playing SNES while on psn, then that means that Sony can see that too and now knows he has hacked his system. wonder if/when they release their new securities and all if he's now gonna be screwed with a ban from psn...??
    [CENTER]

^ There's 60 million PSN accounts (and growing). Sony can't/won't monitor every account out there. Even if they did, it's not illegal to hack your PS3. The only ban-worthy offense you can do is pirate games; playing SNES games won't get anyone banned. That's like saying you can get banned for playing SNES on the PSP...
    Disclaimer:

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    They can ban you from PSN for anything they deem to be a bannable offense. There is a TOS that you agree to when you sign up for PSN, not that I'd expect anyone reads it. PSN service is provided at their whim.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanz__ View Post
    ^ There's 60 million PSN accounts (and growing). Sony can't/won't monitor every account out there. Even if they did, it's not illegal to hack your PS3. The only ban-worthy offense you can do is pirate games; playing SNES games won't get anyone banned. That's like saying you can get banned for playing SNES on the PSP...
    i'm just saying, "when" they release their new security patches for this, they know all about it too from the geohot site...it could possibly detect a homebrew and bam, you're done.

want proof?? come try to activate my psp's i have, they won't, they're perma banned from psn activation because their 6.31 patch detected my Test m33 function i used to update it...have tried everything possible to activate them, they're perma banned. the end lol
    [CENTER]

Banned PSP User
    If Sony was going to drop bans on jailbroken consoles they would have already been doing so when that PS Jailbreak Dongle was released which allows backups to be played without patching eboots.
    The patched eboots that are used to run backups on Geohot's 3.55 firmware are signed so that the PS3 thinks that it is a PSN title and the system will launch the game straight off the HDD.
    So how would Sony see the difference when you are online playing?
    They wouldn't because you blend in with the other millions of people playing online.
    Sony will probably ban jailbroken PS3 users that cause problems online, such as the MW2 lobby hackers with unlimited killstreaks and can kill everyone in the lobby with a single bullet shot into the ground, but if you aren't doing that, they aren't going to know.

Until new firmware updates are released there is no reason to sit here and cry wolf about Sony banning users, because the fact is its not happening right now.
    All it takes to go back to 3.55 OFW is downloading the official PS3UPDATE.pup, putting it on a flash drive and installing it on the PS3 like any other update, and when a new firmware update is released you can update without risking PSN banishment.

Sorry to hear about your PSP being banned from PSN, but if you own a PS3 just go download PS3 AdHoc Party off of PSN and you can play your PSP titles online via PS3, or use XLink Kai if your router is compatible.

^ This.

/filler
    Disclaimer:

SOR
    Quote Originally Posted by VegtableReality View Post
    Install Instructions.
    1. Download the emulator package file, should look something like, SNES9X-3.55.pkg for example. Make sure the .pkg is signed for the 3.55 jailbreak or it wont work.
    2. put the package file onto the root of a flash drive, that means do not put it into a folder.
    3. plug the flash drive into the PS3, go to the Install Package Files option under the Games tab, choose the file, install.
    4. put your roms into a ROMS folder on the USB, or you can use an FTP server to move them straight to your HDD. i think FBANext and GensisPlus wont play any roms unless they are on the HDD, so learn how to use the FTP Server.
    thank you worked great

i can play all my psp titles online just fine with plugins and ofw...the only thing i lost, more their loss really is i can't purchase shit off of them now for my psp or download demo's...no major loss, again it's more their loss cause they lost revenue from a loyal subscriber lol
    [CENTER]