Thread: Play legit games online on hacked PS3?

1. #1 Play legit games online on hacked PS3? 
    Member PSP User
    Can you still play legit game discs on PSN if your PS3 is hacked?

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    Yes...As long as you, yourself don't download any plugins or homebrew that allow you to hack. It doesn't come "standard"; it's up to the player. It's exactly like PSP CFW, it doesn't just come with CWCheat.
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

Member PSP User
    But I mean is it ok that I'm running custom firmware? I can't really compare this with PSP since I don't own any PSN online titles for it (are there any?).

So would backing up my Ps3 game and playing it off the HDD make any difference? What do Sony ban you for? Do games have a serial number or do they ban you for being on custom firmware or mainly for cheating?

It sounds pretty useless to hack the PS3 and not put anything on it. What if I just switched to the OFW whenever I wanted to play online?

Sony will ban you for cheating. They recently banned a lot of Black Ops cheaters. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure your safe on PS3 CFW as long as you don't cheat or pirate. CFW isn't illegal.

There's also various "spoofers" available, which are used to "hide" your PS3. PS3 hacking is still a new thing; but as far as I know, people are only being banned for cheating. Proceed at your own risk.

And yes, there's online PSP games.
    Disclaimer:

Member PSP User
    Ok thanks. So what exactly do you mean by pirate? Can I still back up my own copy and play it online from my HDD? Do the games have serials?

Technically they can't catch you pirating, as you'd be downloading from your computer, and transferring to your PS3's HDD. I don't have a hacked PS3, so I can't say for sure if there's a way for them to "monitor" your PS3 (to see if your running backups). My advice is to wait a little bit. See if people have been banned for running backups.
    Disclaimer:

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    If I recollect correctly you need homebrew to load an ISO off a PS3 HDD so sony will probably be scouting your app list as it updates online and making sure there aren't any unofficial apps on there. As long as you play from disc with no cheating apps on, and maybe you would want to wipe your app history (it will look suspicious, but if there is no solid proof I doubt they will ban you) you should be ok.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!