Thread: Sonys Ip Invasion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Sonys Ip Invasion 
    Modder Of The Dark Arts PSP Elite Hacker R()H@X's Avatar
    posted by greg on ps3-hacks.com:Reworded by ƒR()†H@X

Sony was granted the right to obtain IP addresses of anyone who has visited geohot’s website, geohot.com. But what I want to know is: What they plan to acheive with doing this? Are They going to match our ips there with psn? Are they going to Sue ISPs all over the world and come knocking on everyone’s door, in men in black suits

Seriously… Sony was granted this, by San Fran’s own Magistrate Joseph Spero, so they can prove geohot’s distribution of the PS3 jailbreak and also determine where geohot should be tried — in his home state of New Jersey or Sony’s preferred venue in San Francisco. Sony’s thinking the server logs would show that many of those who downloaded geohot’s hack reside in Northern California, thus making San Fran the appropriate spot. A hearing is set for next month in San Francisco federal court that’ll determine where it’ll all go down.

Again good luck to you geohot … We Support the Freedom Rights and what you stand for!

Member PSP User
    i thinks to match them with their ps3.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    Just a scare tactic imo.

Modder Of The Dark Arts PSP Elite Hacker R()H@X's Avatar
    its definitely a scare tatic.it will never hold up tho

Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    it might actually hold up. the judges on this case seem one sided in favor of sony. i still think theres some kind of bribe in place, seeing as how much went through without due process. fucking judge went and signed an order without knowing what it was as well, this case is full of ignorance and favorites. i mean just read this. the comments make it easier to understand.

Groklaw - Impoundment Issues and an Agreement on "Narrowed" Subpoenas in SCEA v. Hotz - Updated 2Xs - EFF letter
    Last edited by xavis; 03-06-2011 at 08:39 AM.

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    ok this move is retarded lol just cause you visited doesn't prove you downloaded/installed shit though...plus the # will be in the thousands, just from people following the whole story, hacked or unhacked users
    [CENTER]

Canadian Taco PSP Mad Hacker Jose Burrito Gu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goku2778 View Post
    ok this move is retarded lol just cause you visited doesn't prove you downloaded/installed shit though...plus the # will be in the thousands, just from people following the whole story, hacked or unhacked users
    And people without a PS3, also this is still as stupid as two toddlers fighting over a toy.
    Sig made by me

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    ^^exactly...the ip thing is just stupid, cause if i went on the site just to go read about this or that, they get my ip address for what?? if they try to match it on my ps3, which is always on the latest ofw from Sony, what will that do for them?? nothing...just countless ip's to go through and waste time, just catch them on the psn with security patches and updates, that's all.
    [CENTER]

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    Bluehost maintains Hotz’s geohot.com site. The approved subpoena requires the company to turn over “documents reproducing all server logs, IP address logs, account information, account access records and application or registration forms” tied to Hotz’s hosting. The Bluehost subpoena also demands “any other identifying information corresponding to persons or computers who have accessed or downloaded files hosted using there service and associated” with the website, including but not limited to the “geohot.com/jailbreak.zip file.”

so i have to say there just looking for the people that downloaded the jailbreak Sony has threatened to sue anybody who posts the hacking tools or the encryption key
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

L
    If there is an invasion, I want to see spaceships, lazers, Deathstars,.....the whole nine

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    Well it seems this judge cares little for constitutional rights. Anyway its a pointless move anyway, but what gets me is I've never seen such an invasive maneuver granted before. Makes me wonder if they will use this as a precedent for the war on piracy.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Canadian Taco PSP Mad Hacker Jose Burrito Gu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geek View Post
    Well it seems this judge cares little for constitutional rights. Anyway its a pointless move anyway, but what gets me is I've never seen such an invasive maneuver granted before. Makes me wonder if they will use this as a precedent for the war on piracy.
    Well, I agree. But if it goes like "the war on piracy" I think it will take way to long. The only thing that I have heard of happening in this piracy war is the pirate bay getting sued. Sony will have way to much to handle if they go after everyone with modded PS3's.
    Sig made by me

this going to war on piracy? dude thats already what its about, sony suing cause geo "opened" the doors for piracy. honestly though, he may have, but didn't allow it himself. others did, but they are suing him because they cant get to the ones that did allow piracy. i think they think that maybe this will lead to to the others as well, cause maybe they had contact with geo through these websites. hell maybe they will drop the case against geo (cause there is no sensible way they can win against him) and work on the others who directly allow illegal use (even if it does have a legal use)

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    I went on the site a single-digit number of times. I've never owned a PS3 in my life and have only played on one like 3 or 4 times ever. Previous rulings in P2P cases have said that an IP address does not equal a person and that companies whose sole purpose is to protect larger companies' assets by gathering IP addresses and threatening people have no right to do so whatsoever. What Sony's doing is just a scare tactic to stop people from talking about it, and the judge is even more of an idiot to allow them to do all of this. He probably too a nice fat check from them.

Honestly, the way I see it is this: It's all Sony's fault. There will always be an exploit here and there. But what Sony did was leave a giant gaping hole in their system. A security key of "4"? Really? Nice going Sony. They should have been more prepared. I already stated that they should have an open API that does not include the loading of ISOs and that each developer that requests to test their games/apps on PSN should be given a unique key, so that if something DOES go wrong and people start using that app to pirate/cheat, the developer's key can be revoked and he or she can be singled out. Look at Microsoft. How come they can keep a leash on their users without making a scene?

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

the full idea is to connect him with someone in cali. if someone in cali commented on his shit, they can sue geo in a cali court. thats the main thing. and if they do...well, take a guess.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast