Thread: PS3 or .....?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 PS3 or .....? 
    Convince me to buy a PS3.
    6.39 ME-9.2
    Smokin Herbs.
    FREE PSP ISO DOWNLOAD

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    If you've got the money, and there's nothing else that needs purchased, then go for it. Everyone who owns a PS3 will probably tell you to get a PS3. Everyone who tells you to get something else, has probably never even owned a PS3, so their points are moot. Just get what you want, don't listen to anyone else.
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fuckingclassy View Post
    If you've got the money, and there's nothing else that needs purchased, then go for it. Everyone who owns a PS3 will probably tell you to get a PS3. Everyone who tells you to get something else, has probably never even owned a PS3, so their points are moot. Just get what you want, don't listen to anyone else.
    THIS^^^^^^

and free online
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

yeah well it's either PS3 or a 360. the free online is definitely a plus. i guess it comes down to the games. don't most dev's make 360 games first? and then like port them across? i'm interested in games like elder of scrolls V and just big immersing stories. i like to be overwhelmed with content.

i have always heard about PS3's having problems back in the day, as well as 360, has that gotten better? i have read what i have read but i might as well ask the users.
    6.39 ME-9.2
    Smokin Herbs.
    FREE PSP ISO DOWNLOAD

Modder Of The Dark Arts PSP Elite Hacker R()H@X's Avatar
    lmao no most xbox360 games are actually ripoffs.xbox only has halo exclusive to them.also processing speeds better,its like a movie/music/game player with all the fixings and more,online gameplay disc addons thatll actually work in the game you can buy or free.and theres now playstation plus membership
    18 bucks for 3 months or 50 for 15 months

it gives you free games,free hour game trials,and discounts alot of games etc in the store.

you get an xbox and try to add all the things on it to equal a ps3 itll cost way more than the highest priced ps3
    besides the added umph to the processer and graphics.sony has had alot of great titles.xbox not so much

personally though if you can search ebay for 60 gig ps3 backwards compatibility.that way you can get one thatll play ps2/ps1 games too

thats what i did.make sure you read though and see pics.alot of these models are badly damaged.if you find one that says only problem is minor scratches at a fair price go for it.i did this and it only cost me 354 bucks plus shipping.no games or anything came with it but a dualshock 3 came with it,and for what it has in perfect condition,i actually got it cheap.if you dont care bout ps2/ps1 discs playing on ps3 just buy one from a store a newer model with bigger harddrive.

harddrives are changeable though so ya.as long as its a sata harddrive at 2.5 and a 9 mm itll fit.biggest of those i see so far thatll fit are 500 gigs,but 500 gigs is quite a bit.
    so ya in the longrun save your money buy a ps3.

ps: ps3 can house up to 7 controllers,most online games will let you use up to 4 a time,but ps3 is planning for the future and eventually we will see 7 player games.madness XD it can do alot more but theres some of the perks
    Last edited by R()H@X; 03-10-2011 at 02:09 AM.

i thought the GPU was less powerful than the 360s? and is that more important than the processor? again, im not sure.

only the older ps3's are backwards compatible? that sucks.

im not really worried about the space on the HDD.
    6.39 ME-9.2
    Smokin Herbs.
    FREE PSP ISO DOWNLOAD

the harddrives like i said can always be changed.and the 360 aint powerful at all bro.

Having Owned -well, had prolonged use/access too- a ps3, and a 360
    im going to have to say it all comes down to preference and style

If you Game casually then xbox/Kinect is your deal
    If you want a lot of Out-Of-The-Box features, then 360 (Netflix/Zune/Last.fm/Facebook)
    if you play FPS like COD:BO then again, Xbox is your deal (DLC and typically better support/less hacked lobbies)

If your a graphics whore, then ps3
    if you want exclusivity, then ps3 (Both for Exclusive Titles AND price of the console itself)
    If your Playing on hi-def, than ps3 (+ 1080p Full HD Blu-Ray Capabilities)

If your on a budget, go for the ps3, the 360 may be cheaper (im actually not sure about that, my experience it was) but the money you'll save online with the ps3 will offset that
    #Companion_Cube<3

ps3 features are always being added.and my ps3 cost 354 bucks but it was backwards copatiable has card readers 4 usb ports the works.xbox you have to buy so many extra things itd cost way over that.games are being marked down as well and sony has a better library better gfx ddr3 ram multicore engine it uses etc.xbox not so much.each system has its pros and cons but meh ps3 still takes the cake imhi.to each their own though.also refer to how great windows is.windows dont get great till last release then a new version comes out that sucks till last releasexbox kinda works the same way plus the payfee meh

^^ Wait did you just refer to vista as good and win 7 as sucking?
    Sorry for off topic

ONTOPIC: Id say ps3 I had 3 360 and all RROD [red ring of death] I know how to fix a RROD also and they still are all gone for over heating and burning up the cpu. They DID fix the heatsinks in the 360 though but still ps3 better games, online, gfx, controls. Ps3 is the man 360 is in the womb still.
    Vader PSP2000 6.60ME 1.8
    Just got back on the scene testing thing out for now.

Threads to look at.

1.) How to: Install Opera Mini on your PSP
    2.) Best OFW/CFW Internet radio

no windows 7 is good now but its also close to being extinct and windows 8 is almost on its way,so what i said still stands.when windows 7 was new yes it did suck a bit

^ I <3 My win 7. Win 8 should be shit judging by the pattern. xp GREAT, 2000/ME SUCK, vista SUCK, Win7 GREAT, Win8 Prob SUCK.
    Vader PSP2000 6.60ME 1.8
    Just got back on the scene testing thing out for now.

Threads to look at.

1.) How to: Install Opera Mini on your PSP
    2.) Best OFW/CFW Internet radio

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    @SonyForLife: I've played both 360/PS3 Black Ops, there's no hackers. I've yet to run into any. Especially now that Sony's banning people, I don't even think they can login with their hacks. They'd get banned on the spot.
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    im sorry, 360 is NOT for casual gamers, uless you like wasting money to pay for access for multiplayer servers that should be free in the first place since it's the devs that host them.
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

...even a noob like you can click the link...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thesexyone View Post
    im sorry, 360 is NOT for casual gamers, uless you like wasting money to pay for access for multiplayer servers that should be free in the first place since it's the devs that host them.
    totally agreed...even to use netflix, it costs more money cause you need a gold membership just to run it on there...i have both, like my 360, love my ps3

like psmove, love the kinect...all comes down to preference, so saying to convince you, convince yourself...ps3 is an over all much wiser investment and will save you $$ in the long run in pretty much every aspect over a 360

again, i have both, both work, both legit...360 is on the 60/yr membership...ps3, free...ps3 addons are cheaper, easier...360, get ready to dish out mad money for accessories and upgrades.
    [CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast