Thread: sony's weak defense shown. (ya, the really do suck)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 sony's weak defense shown. (ya, the really do suck) 
    Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    George Hotz's lawyers are truly fighting hard for him. This case, SCEA v. Hotz, they forcefully tell the court in a newly filed Reply [PDF] to SCEA's opposition brief along with Objections [PDF] to various SCEA declarations, doesn't belong in California. One important reason is that Hotz is just an individual, not an international corporation with bags of money to spend on litigation, and it's obvious that New Jersey would be more convenient for him. He lives there. The actions complained of happened there. Having a blog on the Internet shouldn't make you suable in every state in the union.

Besides, SCEA doesn't make Playstation 3, the Reply points out, "the Playstation Computer and its firmware is made by Sony Japan", so Hotz wasn't directing his actions at SCEA. After all the discovery SCEA forced Hotz through, it still can't prove a link to California that would justify suing him there. There's no evidence that blickmaniac is Hotz. The serial number that SCEA claimed was blickmaniac's doesn't match the serial number that Hotz provided the court. As for blickmanic, Hotz's lawyers have found a blog posting on the Internet from someone saying *she's* blickmanic, not Hotz. There's no evidence Hotz ever accepted the Playstation Network terms of service or opened an account. Personal jurisdiction over Hotz in California would be "unreasonable". And Hotz's motion should be granted because SCEA "has abused the jurisdictional discovery process".

The Playstation Network Terms of Use, Hotz's lawyers point out, relate only to software, not hardware, and to software obtained via the Playstation Network, and "Hotz has affirmed that he did not obtain any software he is alleged to have circumvented through the PSN", and that, they tell the court, is fatal to SCEA's attempt to get jurisdiction over him via that route. All the over-the-top allegations, in short, that some journalists published last week after reading SCEA's filing are now answered ably, about blickmaniac, the Playstation Network, the California downloads, the serial number, SCEA's jurisdictional arguments, everything.

right there in red, they got the weakest defense ever and expected it to work. they cant just justify an account ownership be the username has ties to phone hacking.

then the full article (with case documentation) goes on to show how little SCEA's standing is. becuase, they dont own the PS3, sony japan does.

Groklaw - Hotz Ably Fights for His Motion to Dismiss - Tells Court SCEA's Case Doesn't Belong in CA

and fuckingclassy says geohot lied.......care to re think.
    Last edited by xavis; 03-28-2011 at 07:04 PM.

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Sven's Avatar
    That's hillarious.

☭Коммунизм для нашего будущего!☭

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    Poor girl... Blickmanic (the "girl") probably gets dozens of friend invites a day, now that Sony revealed the PSN name. They should have done their research, before assuming that was Geohot's PSN.
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

Quote Originally Posted by fuckingclassy View Post
    Poor girl... Blickmanic (the "girl") probably gets dozens of friend invites a day, now that Sony revealed the PSN name. They should have done their research, before assuming that was Geohot's PSN.
    they did, and ignored one large fact.

BM had ties to phone hacking according to the forum post they provided to the courts. BUT there was a picture taken with an iphone and contained geocoordantes, which pointed to Cambridge.

SONYFAIL.COM They really do suck lol
    Vader PSP2000 6.60ME 1.8
    Just got back on the scene testing thing out for now.

Threads to look at.

1.) How to: Install Opera Mini on your PSP
    2.) Best OFW/CFW Internet radio

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ^OX[ ] View Post
    SONYFAIL.COM They really do suck lol
    but yet you buy there products and your on a fourm for sony psp LOL now who failed LOL
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

I bought my psp second hand for 30$ though. Also this forum is used to make the psp worth your hard erned moneys because sony failed at it them selves.
    Vader PSP2000 6.60ME 1.8

Threads to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by ^OX[ ] View Post
    I bought my psp second hand for 30$ though. Also this forum is used to make the psp worth your hard erned moneys because sony failed at it them selves.
    It doesn't matter if it's "second hand"; it's still a Sony product. Don't be hypocritical by bashing Sony, yet owning their products. Also, Sony didn't fail at anything related to consoles (namely, the PSP). Sony can't incorporate emulators, and Sony has always been wary of download-oriented software; so you better believe they'd be scared of enabling .iso storage for memory sticks. DarK_AleX (the guy that started PSP hacking) brought a lot to the table; but none of it would've been possible without the Sony PSP in the first place... Everything that CFW gives us...none of it Sony can include in their OFW's. Obviously, custom XMB themes are okay, but Sony already has their ".PTF themes" for download from the PSN Store. Sure, Sony is making some bad choices with this court case, but saying they fucked-up the PSP itself is a little extreme... Hell, even the PSP Go! wasn't a big fail. Sony stated that the PSP Go! was simply a "test" to see what the public thought of the portable phone-type gaming device. I will admit, the PSP Go! has a lack of support, but it certainly wasn't a complete failure.

But alas, I digress.
    Disclaimer:

Quote Originally Posted by fuckingclassy View Post
    It doesn't matter if it's "second hand"; it's still a Sony product. Don't be hypocritical by bashing Sony, yet owning their products. Also, Sony didn't fail at anything related to consoles (namely, the PSP). Sony can't incorporate emulators, and Sony has always been wary of download-oriented software; so you better believe they'd be scared of enabling .iso storage for memory sticks. DarK_AleX (the guy that started PSP hacking) brought a lot to the table; but none of it would've been possible without the Sony PSP in the first place... Everything that CFW gives us...none of it Sony can include in their OFW's. Obviously, custom XMB themes are okay, but Sony already has their ".PTF themes" for download from the PSN Store. Sure, Sony is making some bad choices with this court case, but saying they fucked-up the PSP itself is a little extreme... Hell, even the PSP Go! wasn't a big fail. Sony stated that the PSP Go! was simply a "test" to see what the public thought of the portable phone-type gaming device. I will admit, the PSP Go! has a lack of support, but it certainly wasn't a complete failure.

But alas, I digress.
    THIS^^

mrclasybeatmetoit/filler

I think you may have flown off the handle on this just a little bit buddy lol.
    Vader PSP2000 6.60ME 1.8

Threads to look at.

^ No I didn't. What gave you the idea that I'm mad/upset? I just responded to a slightly unintelligent post.
    Disclaimer:

funny, we're a "psp forum" yet have sections for Nintendo and Microsoft products. and apple products.

pspmod is the domain name, not what the site is solely based on. get with the times.
    Last edited by xavis; 03-28-2011 at 10:41 PM.

We merged with console mods, or whatever that forum was that admin made awhile ago...
    Disclaimer:

Quote Originally Posted by xavis View Post
    funny, we're a "psp forum" yet have sections for Nintendo and Microsoft products. and apple products.

pspmod is the domain name, not what the site is solely based on. get with the times.
    and how many people even post in them lol thats funny cause most the poeple come here for the psp

Quote Originally Posted by dankgame View Post
    and how many people even post in them lol thats funny cause most the poeple come here for the psp
    because of the established name. if we change the name i guarantee you we will get wii posts out the ass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast