Thread: Anonymous going after Sony execs

1. #1 Anonymous going after Sony execs 
    L
    Posted Apr 5, 2011 at 9:48AM EST by Karl B.

"Hacktivist" members of internet collective Anonymous have reportedly stepped up their attacks on Sony. Not content with hacking attempts made on the PlayStation Network as well as other official PlayStation-related sites, a group calling themselves Sony Recon is now digging up dirt on Sony executives.

The group has apparently already uncovered personal details on some Sony employees, one of which is Robert S. Wiesenthal, a Group Executive at Sony Corporation leading Corporate Development and Mergers and Acquisitions at Sony headquarters. Info on Wiesenthal including his family history, marital status, address, and even whether he has kids or not have already been found.

Sony Recon's main targets include Nicole Seligman and Sony CEO, president, and chairman Sir Howard Stringer. One Anon reportedly compained on IRC, "No one found ANY info on Stringers kids?" The group isn't just going after Sony employees, however. The judge and Sony lawyers involved in the case against PS3 hackers are also "valid targets". The website of the law firm handling Sony's case, Kilpatrick Townsend, was reportedly brought down ealier but has since become accessible again.

Anonymous launched the campaign against Sony in retaliation for the company's handling of the court case against George "Geohot" Hotz and other hackers who successfully broke through the PS3's security. Anonymous sent out a statement damning Sony for having "abused the judicial system in an attempt to censor information about how your products work."

Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    so this is saying anon is called Sony Recon?

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    Well, I don't know what to think about this... Firstly, whatever's dug up, none of it will even be able to be used by Geohot's lawyers. All this does is ruin the lives of the people they're targeting. Releasing personal info...is never cool.
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

actually i think the point of this is to make sony go in a panic and be too busy covering up they closet full of skeletons then to worry about the lawsuits.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    this is not cool...why involve peoples families, children???? that's not cool at all and so damn childish over this bs...hackers need to better themselves, go make your own gaming consoles and watch your revenues get raped...it's just a stupid circle or immature people with nothing better to do.
    [CENTER]

funny thing is this was from QJ, and here lately QJ has been butchering articles. i wouldn't trust this unless other places have the exact same shit and source.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    I heard they were DDOSing Sony, honestly though is any afraid of their "threats." To be honest I don't that many of the "hacktivists" really know what they are protesting and really just trying to be cool.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Junior Member PSP User
    Anonymous almost never follows through with its claims anyways.