Thread: One more week?

1. #1 One more week? 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP numba75's Avatar
    Patrick Seybold - May 6, 2011

As you may know, we’ve begun the process of restoring the service through internal testing of the new system. We’re still working to confirm the security of the network infrastructure, as well as working with a variety of outside entities to confirm with them of the security of the system. Verifying the system security is vital for the process of restoration. Additional comprehensive system checks and testing are still required, and we must complete that process before bringing the systems online.
    As you’ve heard us say, our utmost priorities are the security of the network and ensuring your data is safe. We won’t restore the services until we can test the system’s strength in these respects.
    When we held the press conference in Japan last week, based on what we knew, we expected to have the services online within a week. We were unaware of the extent of the attack on Sony Online Entertainment servers, and we are taking this opportunity to conduct further testing of the incredibly complex system. We know many of you are wanting to play games online, chat with your friends and enjoy all of the services PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have to offer, and trust me when I say we’re doing everything we can to make it happen. We will update you with more information as soon as we have it. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience of this network outage.
    Based on this post, Sony has rebuilt their network. What I don't get is that they just don't put it up already. It's been nearly 3 weeks. We're all (or at least I am) getting sick of Sony just taking their time. At this time I could almost care less about the strength of their security. Just get it up!

It's so adorable!

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by numba75 View Post
    [B]At this time I could almost care less about the strength of their security.
    I can't begin to explain how silly this statement is. Their security = your security. You do what you want, but if there exists a hole in their security big enough to drive my credit card information through then I want it shutdown until that hole is closed.
    Last edited by Slowman; 05-09-2011 at 03:19 AM.

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Senior Member I Modded My PSP numba75's Avatar
    Okay. Maybe I shouldn't have said it that way. What I mean is that since have rebuilt their network, they should go ahead and put it back up. It really can't be any worse than what it was, Can it? So why wait? Why take even more time away from us? It's been far too long.

It's so adorable!

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    They had to re-code their entire PSN network... That takes time.
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    i love people who talk like this...they all think it's just simple, let's redo and put it back up without even testing it...it's free!!! let them do it right, we have a ton of gifts coming out of this, a major update too, they even have the fbi and homeland security internet/networking agents working with them. this is costing them millions and millions!!! believe it that they want it up and done probably more than of us users.
    [CENTER]

I don't care if it ever comes back up.

It'll be back up soon enough, there are plenty of productive things to do in the meantime.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP shiv's Avatar
    ^^^^^^^Indeed (for the productivity statement, that is)
    I would mind if I can't go online..

Kazuo Hirai, Sony's executive deputy president in charge of consumer products and network services, apologized May 1 for the breach and said the company aims to restore the online gaming center by the end of the month after upgrading security.

Ryan is a negative Nancy.
    Disclaimer:

Ryan doesn't play anything online either.

Senior Asshole PSP Elite Hacker cowboycalstar's Avatar
    Ryan says that shopping for training bras is productive and suggests those with all this time on their hands not spent playing Haloman game on the PSN to do so.

Yeah, you should do that guys. Make sure you put your pants around your ankles and take pictures of ladies entering that section of the store.

Sounds like a plan.
    Disclaimer:

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by numba75 View Post
    They have the network back up, so why don't they quit seeing if it works and let us users figure it out the hard way/get our shit stolen! Those complete fucking dickheads!
    Good idea, man!