Thread: PS3 Freezing ... Help

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 PS3 Freezing ... Help 
    Sick I Modded My PSP SiickMouse's Avatar
    My PS3 freezes in the XMB, while updating and when playing games. It all started when switching from the standard RCA cables to HDMI then back to RCA, one day the system froze with squiggly blue and green lines. I tried restoring in safe mode but had the same result. Can any one help thanks

Very similar to this(btw i have the PS3 Slim);
    Last edited by SiickMouse; 06-16-2011 at 12:47 AM.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Cael's Avatar
    Sounds like to me the PS3 equivilant to the Checkerbox Syndrome aka unforantly i think your PS3 may have decided its done..

if your able to Downgrade the FW. do it see if it clears up it MAYBE settings wise it Might not.. Eitherway.. your likely lookin at sending it to Sony for repair. (if ya send it in dont forget to try to make backs of your saves if you can before it freezes up as you wont get back the same PS3. + the fact as part of the repair process for slims the hdd is formatted so they can perform a FW update/re-install.)
    PSP 1000 6.60 ME-1.3
    From SecondLife:

Even though the punishment against piracy here is now lackluster.. if your pirating Seek no help here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cael View Post
    Sounds like to me the PS3 equivilant to the Checkerbox Syndrome aka unforantly i think your PS3 may have decided its done..

if your able to Downgrade the FW. do it see if it clears up it MAYBE settings wise it Might not.. Eitherway.. your likely lookin at sending it to Sony for repair. (if ya send it in dont forget to try to make backs of your saves if you can before it freezes up as you wont get back the same PS3. + the fact as part of the repair process for slims the hdd is formatted so they can perform a FW update/re-install.)
    i contacted sony via Email and ill see what they can do. Thanks

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    no matter what they're going to say send it in...i would call them though if it were me, they will at least do troubleshooting with you on the phone before any of that sending it to them.
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by goku2778 View Post
    no matter what they're going to say send it in...i would call them though if it were me, they will at least do troubleshooting with you on the phone before any of that sending it to them.
    i just dont wanna pay like $100 > in repairs. iLL JUST BUY AN Xbox if thats the case xD

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    Ok so you tried the ps3 recovery menu? You might have a corruption in your firmwear or hdd when I get home I'll look at my ps3 bible and see what it says cause most likly it will cost 100 plus shiping so sit tight till I get off work I'm on my phone now
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Quote Originally Posted by SiickMouse View Post
    i just dont wanna pay like $100 > in repairs. iLL JUST BUY AN Xbox if thats the case xD
    lmao...ummm, 100$ vs 200 for the console, plus 60$/year in membership fees for Live, i mean you even have to have a gold membership on Live to watch your already 7.99$/month netflix which is free on every other media streaming device except the xbox

sooo, yeah do the math bro lol btw, yeah i own both consoles so i know
    [CENTER]

lmao...ummm, 100$ vs 200 for the console, plus 60$/year in membership fees for Live, i mean you even have to have a gold membership on Live to watch your already 7.99$/month netflix which is free on every other media streaming device except the xbox

but im scared if i buy another gaystation3 it might break xD i hope its just a temp broblem

Um skip me lol did you try the recovery menu you might lose the stuff on your ps3 unless you can back it up without freezing

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^that

i wasn't skipping, i was intervening on the $$$ part but i wouldn't pay for another ps3...just speaking worst case scenario here, by me we have a place called Microcenter, they sell refurbed by Sony with warranties as well ps3's...the slims are around 240$ and the phat 40g goes for 199.99. all you gotta do is swap your hdd in a replacement refurb

but i would do as Dank said, then i would try the psn tech support on the phone and then i would go from there.
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by dankgame View Post
    Um skip me lol did you try the recovery menu you might lose the stuff on your ps3 unless you can back it up without freezing
    **So in the recovery menu i chose Restore Default Settings and its still the same.
    Last edited by SiickMouse; 06-16-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Hardware Modder PSP Elite Hacker BrokenRoses22's Avatar

If you pay off paypal or card its $1 a month.

Lol restore default won't do anything bro ok turn on you ps3 keep holding the power button till the ps3 shuts it's self off no again press and hold the power but the ps3 will turn on hold it till you here two beeps the it will ask to plugin a controller do no in this menu you wanna check to see if your firmwear or hdd have corruptions and fix if it need it after that I wold do a full formatt you will lose your shit but it better then payin Sony

And at goku I did not mean you bro I ment the op I asked him and did not get an answer but he replies to your lol

Quote Originally Posted by dankgame View Post
    Lol restore default won't do anything bro ok turn on you ps3 keep holding the power button till the ps3 shuts it's self off no again press and hold the power but the ps3 will turn on hold it till you here two beeps the it will ask to plugin a controller do no in this menu you wanna check to see if your firmwear or hdd have corruptions and fix if it need it after that I wold do a full formatt you will lose your shit but it better then payin Sony

And at goku I did not mean you bro I ment the op I asked him and did not get an answer but he replies to your lol
    its worth a try thanks

So i bought a new set of cables and that wasn't the problem, i reseted the file system and it worked for like 20mins so im guessing the problem has to do with it overheating and the GPU [just like the YLOD or RROD] but instead it just glitches and freezes with artifacts on my screen which pisses me of more. Anyways, i plan on taking it to a local electronic repair shop where hopefully they can fix it, unless some one knows how to fix it ..thanks though

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast