Thread: for PS3 Slim owners With CFW, Rejoice! PS2 support!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 for PS3 Slim owners With CFW, Rejoice! PS2 support! 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Cael's Avatar
    From PSGroove,

"Users that lack backwards compatible PS3's, were previously out of luck when it came to playing such classic PS2 titles as Metal Gear Solid 2, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, or Gran Turismo 4. That all changed today, with the release of a new 2.0 update for the CobraUSB dongle. The dongle previously only allowed playback of PSX ISO's but now adds support for PS2 ISO's to its list of features.

As great of news as this is, it should be noted that the manufacturer states that playback of PS2 ISO's on consoles lacking hardware backwards compatibility, must rely on the built-in software emulator. They go on to state that the the built in software emulator is rather buggy and sometimes slow, so it should only be considered a gimmick for the time being. However, if your system does have hardware backwards compatibility, you can expect the same great playback as if you were running the PS2 game from a disc.

Furthermore, the new update brings a host of new bugfixes and improvements. One such improvement is the ability to run PS3, PSX, DVD and BluRay ISO’s without needing an authentic disc inside the system. The manufacturer goes on to state that this functionality will arrive for PS2 ISO's in a future update.

We have released Cobra Firmware v2.0 and Cobra USB Manager v2.0, which are both available from the downloads page. Changes in this release include:

Added the ability to play PS2 ISO backups from CECHC and CECHE backwards compatible consoles. Support for the remaining backwards compatible models, CECHA and CECHB, will come in a future update

PS3, PSX, DVD and BluRay ISO’s can now be played without a real disc inserted in the PS3. Support for discless PS2 backups will come in a future update

Added an option for those users without a PS2 backwards compatible PS3 (including Slims) to test PS2 original games and ISO backups using the PS2 software only emulator which is by default included with all PS3′s. Please note however that as the software only emulator is slow and very buggy, this feature is disabled by default and is only intended as a gimmick

Cobra USB manager can now make PS3 ISO’s from backups in the standard “Jailbreak” directory format, using the copy function

Cobra USB manager is now less strict with cue/bin filenames

Bugfix: Cobra USB Manager was unable to get the PSX CD-ROM/CD-R title, and displayed “PSX-CDROM” instead

Bugfix: Under rare circumstances, Cobra USB Manager could dump invalid PS3 discs
    be note it Does promote piracy, and everyone that obeys this forum's rules.. we do not support the use of any news items devices mods cfw or hacks for the PS3 PS2 and PSP for piracy.

the point and nitty gritty of this that the Cobra USB device for the PS3 with FW 2.0 for it allows Slim owners and non BC model phats to ability to play PS2 games. BEWARE, this employs the Hidden Full software PS2 emulation not every game will play like a PS2 or like consoles w/ BC consider it to be less or worse than 80GB/60GB's with partial BC.
    PSP 1000 6.60 ME-1.3
    From SecondLife:

Even though the punishment against piracy here is now lackluster.. if your pirating Seek no help here.

Sick I Modded My PSP SiickMouse's Avatar
    just when my PS3 f*cks up

Hardware Modder PSP Elite Hacker BrokenRoses22's Avatar
    I'm so hacking my ps3 now.
    Kingdom Hearts 2 here I come!

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    Wow who gives a fuck ps2 games look like pure shit on the ps3 I know cause I have a BC ps3 if I wanna play ps2 games I'll play them on my ps2 that's modded Like the game was ment to be played on
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Quote Originally Posted by dankgame View Post
    Wow who gives a fuck ps2 games look like pure shit on the ps3 I know cause I have a BC ps3 if I wanna play ps2 games I'll play them on my ps2 that's modded Like the game was ment to be played on
    The graphics decrease on the ps3?

Well bro it will look just the same as your ps2 the games at most were ment to be played on 480 as to where your ps3 is 720 to 1080 so chances are you got a LCD tv and ps2 still looks like shit on it so unless you got an old tube tv to play it on it's not worth it to me that's just my opion

Senior Member I Modded My PSP CDWells's Avatar
    so this is a CFW for PS3 but what OFW do you have to be on to install it?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    yeah i just use my still old fat original ps2...works great, plays all the games and is at my cabin on an old tube tv...i got a ps3 to play ps3 games lol

but even as Cael noted, it's a piracy tool plain and simple...look, removes using legit discs to play backups and iso's meaning the piracy door is wide open!! not locking the thread cause there's no violations but it's pretty clear it's a pirating tool

Quote Originally Posted by CDWells View Post
    so this is a CFW for PS3 but what OFW do you have to be on to install it?
    who knows anymore, not too many hacked ps3 users on here these days but i say if you're over 3.60 you're SOL
    [CENTER]

Ps3's from 3.55 or under can be hacked. Over and your trucked.
    Last edited by BrokenRoses22; 06-21-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Cael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goku2778 View Post
    yeah i just use my still old fat original ps2...works great, plays all the games and is at my cabin on an old tube tv...i got a ps3 to play ps3 games lol

but even as Cael noted, it's a piracy tool plain and simple...look, removes using legit discs to play backups and iso's meaning the piracy door is wide open!! not locking the thread cause there's no violations but it's pretty clear it's a pirating tool

who knows anymore, not too many hacked ps3 users on here these days but i say if you're over 3.60 you're SOL
    yea and i only posted theres a chance some here would be aftre it for legit purposes, but finding that these days is rare. i still have my old PS2 which i use ESR w/ to perserve my .hack Discs.

im just surprised that no one has been dumb enough yet to ask where to get iso's from XD though 90% of people getting that dongle are nothing but greedy cheapass pirates
    PSP 1000 6.60 ME-1.3
    From SecondLife:

Even though the punishment against piracy here is now lackluster.. if your pirating Seek no help here.

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_BrokenRoses_xX View Post
    Ps3's from 6.55 or under can be hacked. Over and your trucked.
    Lmao it 3.55 on the ps3 bro 6xx is the psp

Quote Originally Posted by dankgame View Post
    Lmao it 3.55 on the ps3 bro 6xx is the psp
    Typo. Thanks for pointing out. Lol.

Your more then welcome broski

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cael View Post
    yea and i only posted theres a chance some here would be aftre it for legit purposes, but finding that these days is rare. i still have my old PS2 which i use ESR w/ to perserve my .hack Discs.

im just surprised that no one has been dumb enough yet to ask where to get iso's from XD though 90% of people getting that dongle are nothing but greedy cheapass pirates

new mods, we'll get them before you see such posts girl!!! lol
    [CENTER]

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Skud_Bio's Avatar
    I gotta hacked PS3 and I still come here :P....so wtf is this cobra dongle do? I assume its just the software emulation ported.
    .-=+SKUDBIO=+-.

SKUDALICIOUS BABY!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast