Thread: Weird Connection Problem with my PS3

1. #1 Weird Connection Problem with my PS3 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP numba75's Avatar
    This problem occurred several weeks ago. I've asked on Playstation's website about this and didn't get a good answer at all.

Here are the symptoms... whenever I play an online multiplayer game or a movie on Netflix for at least 30 minutes; the PS3 randomly loses connection with my wireless router. Then I restart the system and it reconnects to the router, and after a while the problem happens again. I'm not too sure what has caused this to happen constantly, but I'm 99% sure it's not because of my router. I guess it could be an hdd problem or possibly a virus (it caught one once before).

So any suggestions?

It's so adorable!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    i say it's either the router or your internet or both...something's too damn weak to make it lose that, or have you verified the connection at the same time as the ps3 same spot??
    [CENTER]

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    i run my ps3 wired to my router cause my wireless would always drop then i got an eather net cable and ive been golden ever since
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

It's not very likely to be my router or internet.
    Explain why it would work just fine with the same router and internet provider for 2 whole years, then all of the sudden it does this crap.
    It really seems to be a problem with the PS3. I just need someone to help me figure out what might be wrong with it.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    sounds like you got all the answers no matter what we just said to you lol dude, i'm a tech, electronics are great to work on cause they always just stop working out of nowhere

but again, i'll say it...have you tried another device in the same location as your ps3 to see the signal strength?? also, is your wifi secure cause you may be getting it stolen from you and if it's secure, when was the last time you adjusted your security settings cause they can hack through your shit if they really want your wifi. these are just a few "stepping stones" to your very last sentence, "help me figure out what might be wrong"...the way to figure it out is by trouble shooting all aspects before you start saying "well it can't be my router or net" but guess what, it can, it can be your ps3 wifi adapter, it can just be a loss of signal strength in your house for whatever reason but you gotta start with the simplest trouble shooting steps you can do on your own and then break it down.

so get crackin, post up some results and let's go further, no more guessing without checking or i'm locking your thread!!!! lmao
    [CENTER]

Download Suad Member PSP User
    I agree with Goku, i had a router running strong in my house for 6 years and then one day it just crapped out, started dropping signals and strength got weaker. Replaced the router and not an issue since. Test other wireless devices, wired connection(if possible) and see what happens. Also most routers are running on a 2.4ghz frequency and ALOT of cordless phones run on it as well and can cause interruptions in the wireless signal(happened to me) which could be another thing.
    PSP - 1001 CFW 6.60 MEv1.2
    PSP - 3001 6.39 LME 9.4

Alright then. I'm just going to list more and more details. I think I might know the problem, but I need to be sure before I take any action.
    I think my router is fine. I can connect to it just fine on my laptop in the same room. And I can also connect my Wii to the router, no problem.

Since we were given free PlayStation Plus access I've been downloading like nonstop. Possibly wore out the wireless adapter.

Also, last week I noticed this album ("Unknown" title) of music on my PS3 that I never put on there. I try listening to these songs and don't here any sound. I go back and try to delete the album and it gives me an error code. The size of the album says "0kb". And length 0'00". Possible virus?