Thread: FW 3.73 JB incomming!

1. #1 FW 3.73 JB incomming! 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Cael's Avatar
    This morning KaKaRoTo announced on his twitter that he has jailbroken OFW 3.73. There is not much information available yet about this jailbreak but he already stated that this is no CFW and doesnít allow backup managers to run. But it should allow you to run your favorite homebrew and still play the latest games. For people who are not aware who KaKaRoTo is, he is the person that released the first CFW ever for Playstation 3 and always released his methods and software

KaKaRoTo-Tweet1-538x346.jpg

And it looks like everyone is in luck because KaKaRoTo is planning to release his work and method (as always). But we all have to wait for a while because according to KaKaRoTo it wonít be out in the next two weeks and there is still some work left to do.

[07:28:39] <KaKaRoTo> heri, docpaul showtime would work fine
    [07:28:58] <sandungas> kakaroTo, this means new tcl patches for mfw and some changes to manage 3.73 ?
    [07:29:17] <KaKaRoTo> ddoo, and no I didnít fix the npdrm algo, thatís what Iím missing (hence the ďkind ofĒ) but Iím not
    working on that, thatís someone elseís job
    [07:30:05] <middleman> gonna debut it at ccc kakaroto or before?
    [07:30:06] <KaKaRoTo> ddoo, and even if npdrm signing worked.. how do you install your pkg on an OFW 3.73 ?
    [07:30:22] <heri> so KaKaRoTo, once the NPDRM algo is fixed, a release will come?
    [07:31:14] <KaKaRoTo> heri, another missing bit, but once thatís fixed, yes
    [07:31:23] <KaKaRoTo> but Iíll probably be off country for the next 2 weeks
    [07:31:30] <KaKaRoTo> so all work will have to be paused
    [07:31:52] <heri> oh, fair enough. we can all wait 2 weeks hey we have waited months anyways
    [07:32:06] <KaKaRoTo> ddoo, that might work.. you could also just install your pkg on 3.55 then upgradeÖ
    [07:32:20] <KaKaRoTo> ddoo, upgrading doesnít delete any of your packages
    [07:32:37] <KaKaRoTo> ddoo, issue is, youíre lost if you didnít do it before upgrading
    [07:32:53] <ddoo> but they fail because the npdrm algo is spoted by the checks in 3.56+
    [07:33:13] <KaKaRoTo> heri, also note, I ďannouncedĒ it because I was excited to see it work as expected
    [07:33:22] <KaKaRoTo> doesnít mean itís ready for release
    [07:33:31] <KaKaRoTo> ddoo, exactly
    [07:33:36] <heri> yeh thats what we were saying just before you came
    [07:33:43] <KaKaRoTo> so you need : 1 Ė npdrm algo fixed, 2 Ė a way to install stuff
    [07:33:53] <heri> you only announce when you are confident it works
    [07:33:58] <KaKaRoTo> 1 has been done by someone else (donít know if heíll share it), and 2.. well, I just did it
    [07:34:37] <KaKaRoTo> heri, well, I was testing on 3.60 and it worked, but yes, I did upgrade to 3.73 to test that it still
    works just to make sure I donít tweet any false hopes
    [07:34:46] <middleman> but you cant run what you installed until 1 is fixed correct?
    [07:34:59] <KaKaRoTo> middleman, exactly
    [07:36:17] <middleman> interesting
    [07:36:19] <docpaul> nice, thx KaKaRoTo
    [07:36:40] * KaKaRoTo needs to hide now if he wants to get any work done
    [07:36:42] <KaKaRoTo> ttyl
    This Article was taken from KaKaRoTo announces jailbreak for 3.73 | PS3Hax Network keep an eye for updates and any releases there, this ISNT a CFW this is back to the old dongle days,
    PSP 1000 6.60 ME-1.3
    From SecondLife:

Even though the punishment against piracy here is now lackluster.. if your pirating Seek no help here.

PsP SaGe PSP Mad Hacker RoXante's Avatar
    Very cool.

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Everybody ready for PS3 OFW 3.74? It's coming soon.

i'm sure a few if sony isnt allready watching him like a hawk by now ratted him out.
    PSP 1000 6.60 ME-1.3
    From SecondLife:

Even though the punishment against piracy here is now lackluster.. if your pirating Seek no help here.

TASK FORCE 141 PSP Elite Hacker Pirate's Avatar
    this is really good man. could expect cfw for 3.73 soon

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    I was under the impression that the incremental game update system had satisfied the crowd, has Sony packed any features to make this update worthwhile?

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Geek View Post
    I was under the impression that the incremental game update system had satisfied the crowd, has Sony packed any features to make this update worthwhile?
    Do they ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Geek View Post
    From Sony ? not at all beyond 3DTV Support, but what makes JBing this FW worth it? is all 3.60+ games playable.Via disc only and till someonemanages to get peek/poke updated or LV2 patching piraters can suck it >:3 as its only for homebrew.
    PSP 1000 6.60 ME-1.3
    From SecondLife:

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cael View Post
    From Sony ? not at all beyond 3DTV Support, but what makes JBing this FW worth it? is all 3.60+ games playable.Via disc only and till someonemanages to get peek/poke updated or LV2 patching piraters can suck it >:3 as its only for homebrew.
    wow that nice its only for hombrew but like you said someone is poking around right now on how to bring the pirates back pirates will never go away
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

in some twisted fashion i hope he makes it almost impossible to allow patches. making it so you cant patch LV2 or allow for memory modifaction (Peek/poke)i had enough w/ piracy in the PS3 scene while i had mine and more so w/ the PSP scene.. all its going to lead to is a repeat of the dreamcast, (then again Sega couldnt get to many to develop games for it compare dto the PS2/Ps3 w/ sony.)
    PSP 1000 6.60 ME-1.3
    From SecondLife:

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    i totaly agre with you cael on the psp and ps3
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html