Thread: can i connect ps3 slim to this moniter? please answer

1. #1 can i connect ps3 slim to this moniter? please answer 
    Member PSP User
    will my ps3 work if connected to a monitor (acer G205H limited Olympic edition it has a vga port a dvi-d port audio-in port has built in speakers and of course a ac-port) with a hdmi to dvi cable my monitor is hdcp compatible anyone tried i already know that it does not carry sound but i already know how to connect sound so do not bother telling me about sound i already ordered the cable but just wanna know what to expect if anyone has tried it please tell me what happened and do not hesitate to leave your thoughts or suggestions here i don't care about the resolution too much the picture should just come properly on the monitor as long as it is at least 480p also add me on psn i have only a few friends psn:kratosssj411 thanks in advance please answer help appreciated.

Yes, your PS3 should work connected to a Acer G205H. It is a bit hard to understand your post, would you mind much cleared it up for me?

The monitor supports 480p, 720p, and 1080p and is HDCP Supported, I do believe. I have a friend using this monitor with his PS3 as well. Besides as you mentioned the "no sound thing", it should run fine. If you have problems getting the screen to find the PS3 or the PS3 to find the screen, then hold the button on the PS3 to reset it. It should automatically pick up and configure the PS3 to the monitor. If not, hook the PS3 back to a TV and set it up from there, and then hook up to the monitor.

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes, or should I?

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Yes, your PS3 should work connected to a Acer G205H. It is a bit hard to understand your post, would you mind much cleared it up for me?

The monitor supports 480p, 720p, and 1080p and is HDCP Supported, I do believe. I have a friend using this monitor with his PS3 as well. Besides as you mentioned the "no sound thing", it should run fine. If you have problems getting the screen to find the PS3 or the PS3 to find the screen, then hold the button on the PS3 to reset it. It should automatically pick up and configure the PS3 to the monitor. If not, hook the PS3 back to a TV and set it up from there, and then hook up to the monitor.
    thanks for the reply and my monitor supports 480p 720p but i don't think it supports 1080p any other questions

You're welcome!

Really? I could not find the "limited Olympic edition" addition, but I know someone who plays it on 1080p. Hmm...

Well then, even without 1080p, it will work for sure. You'll have to handle sound some other way though.

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes, or should I?

Member PSP User
    OK thanks bye

he monitor supports 480p, 720p, and 1080p and is HDCP Supported, I do believe. I have a friend using this monitor with his PS3 as well. Besides as you mentioned the "no sound thing", it should run fine. If you have problems getting the screen to find the PS3 or the PS3 to find the screen, then hold the button on the PS3 to reset it. It should automatically pick up and configure the PS3 to the monitor. If not, hook the PS3 back to a TV and set it up from there, and then hook up to the monitor.