Thread: dos and donts before buying a PS3.

1. #1 dos and donts before buying a PS3. 
    Maybe some of you guys can clarify some things.

I am looking to buy a PS3. slimline or no? 160 or 320?

What should I be looking to spend?

Is there overheating problems? should I buy a USB powered fan?

Can I stream things from my computer to my PS 3 without any mods? songs movies etc? If movies do they hold quality?

Can I store movies and games on my ps3 to preserve the blue ray disc drive?

I am not sure if I have any interest in pirating games or movies. I have netflix may get hulu. I rent movies so?

I am mostly concerned about the disk constantly spinning draining the life from the PS3. When I had an Xbox 360 I could install a game and play it without it spinning all the time. Not to mention IF i so happen to buy a DVD instead of rent it. I will want to back it up. I had an apartment flood once. So I back up anything that can be backed up.

Thanks in advance.

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1s1k52 View Post
    Maybe some of you guys can clarify some things.

I am looking to buy a PS3. slimline or no? 160 or 320?
    the slim dose not have the overheating problem like the phats had 320 its allways good to have more room i got and early slim and it was 120 so i bought a 500gb hdd and put it in
    did the same to my phat

What should I be looking to spend?
    lil over 300 unless deals are going on like i thing the uncharted bundle is 299 for 320gb 1 controller and the ubcharted 3 game

Is there overheating problems? should I buy a USB powered fan?
    i bought fans for both systems im anal i like my shit cool

Can I stream things from my computer to my PS 3 without any mods? songs movies etc? If movies do they hold quality?
    yep i use ps3media sever works great only problem is if you back up some blu rays and such whatch out caus they could have cinava wich will block audio but its maninly with sony movies holds quility perfect as long as you got a wired connection to your ps3 streaming wireless sucks

Can I store movies and games on my ps3 to preserve the blue ray disc drive?
    yep but if there bul ray rips make sure you got gb to spare on your hdd or if you have an EHDD you can usb to the ps3 i use a WD my book 1TB

I am not sure if I have any interest in pirating games or movies. I have netflix may get hulu. I rent movies so?
    well most likly you would need to downgrade the ps3 to play pirated games not worth it but if the movies is encoded right it will play no problem
    i also use netflix and hulu

I am mostly concerned about the disk constantly spinning draining the life from the PS3. When I had an Xbox 360 I could install a game and play it without it spinning all the time. Not to mention IF i so happen to buy a DVD instead of rent it. I will want to back it up. I had an apartment flood once. So I back up anything that can be backed up.

blu ray lasers are cheap and easy to replace

Thanks in advance.

there you go
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Cool man. I really appreciate it. I may get one used like a 160 and swap or use an external 4 games and a 320 for 275 so may go that route