Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By El Guapo
  • 1 Post By Razzle_Dazzle

Thread: PS4 tear down and new information

1. #1 PS4 tear down and new information 
    So images and yes video of the PS4 tear down a week before actual PS4 release (US)

Link of the tear down photo

LINK of the tear down Video

From the image :/ kind of disappointed that they did not change much from the predecessor with the heat sink and fan placement. My PS 3 FAT is going strong but other have experience YLD (Yellow Light of Death) Due to fan burn out and GPU overheat.

Sony to also say no DLNA (Digital Live Network Alliance) and no external massive media hard ware support LINK. What does both mean, in short no media transfer to the PS 4 sorry those who want to watch a downloaded media from your PC to your PS 4 no DLNA means no media support :/. This also means if you try to throw media onto say an external hard drive over 32gb will not work on the PS 4. In some way Sony wants you with the + plus membership to rent media from there service only and also means those who like me back up my PS 3 hard drive just incase of a crash Nope can not do that either :/

BUT fear not as some news has arive.

LINK The ability to swap internal hard drive to a solid state drive (SSD) is capable. What does this mean for the none tech heads.... simply this.. Hard drive has a life span of 7 to 14 years (IF well maintain) since a hard drive is a mechanical drive if it falls (system and all) you might run risk (and trust me it is likely) of a mechanical failure. Basically good bye drive, good bye information none are retrievable without spending out the cash (up in the $$$). Now if you buy a solid state drive, the entire drive is storage digitally no mechanical parts. The good news about that, well if it falls pick it up and everything will be ok (unless you drop it out of a 3 store building).. SSD (solid state drive) also has a life span of 15 to 30 years (if properly maintain) and because there is no mechanical parts transfer of information is quicker of course Sony knows about SS Drive and has put a limit range of transfer speed as well as size swap to there system. Another thing Sony should revision on the next PS 4 gen.

This is some old news but a main reason to wait and not get a 1st gen PS 4 as it is released.

Link shows that some people are experiencing HDMI issue when standing the PS 4 vertical from it's horizontal sit position.

This is again old news since this did happen in "few" Japanese released PS 4 which went over sea's to our US hands on. Is the problem resolved? Ummmmm unsure if it was solved but will have to see what new issue develops on the PS 4 now that it is publicly released in the US

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Mine works perfectly. I'm guessing the few out there that had issues were preproduction/review units.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowman View Post
    Mine works perfectly. I'm guessing the few out there that had issues were preproduction/review units.
    Yep its only about .4 percent of people having this issue, but first gen are known to have somekind of problem so we should see what new problem develops as the days go by.

L
    Razzle_Dazzle and harmeet like this.

Well glad to see that Sony has found the main problem. Solution wise hmmmm i don't think they really found one other then to replace the faulty unit and warn other to check your HDMI in the store after purchase.
    harmeet likes this.