Thread: Access music stored on home computer anywhere with internet access

1. #1 Access music stored on home computer anywhere with internet access (maybe) 
    So i dont know if this will work on PSP. Just discovered it while at work and cant wait to go home and see.

WinAmp Remote

Still in beta but the above link is for Winamp Remote. Basically you download the software that acts as a server. You select what folders of music you want to share, wait for it to hash it and then stream it anywhere you go by going to the same WinAmp Remote website and inputing your username and password that the software had you create. Once you log in you are connected to your computer with access to all your music. Plus you can give your friends accounts too!

Will let you all know if this works on PSP unless someone else tries it before i get a chance. But the website says it will stream to cell phones so i hope it works on PSP
    Last edited by geoffmcc; 07-24-2007 at 09:29 PM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Brock_Samson's Avatar
    you would need a streaming player for psp, I can't remember the name but I known someone here does.

yea i was kinda thinking that it would need a media player but i know there are a few of them out there so i am pretty confident it will work.. Will know for sure in about 2 hours :-)

Sorry all if it dont work, just thought i would post it in case if someone else wanted to try before i got a chance too. Besides if you use multiple computers like i do seem like a good app
    Last edited by geoffmcc; 07-24-2007 at 09:27 PM.

Use PSP To Control Winamp

I found the above link. This isnt what i am refering to but with this plugin for winamp and a few other goodies you can access winamp on your psp from within the home.

If you can do this with this plugin i am sure you can use winamp remote from anywhere.
    Last edited by geoffmcc; 07-24-2007 at 09:49 PM.

UPDATE:

Does not work with PSP browser. Does load up, does show songs , can select a song, says its streaming but dont hear anything.

Reading around, Wipeout pure browser may work for this. If anyone is interested and has wipeout pure PM me and i will give u a username and password to an allready setup winamp remote account, then let me know if it works, i think it might

anyone know of any homebrew browsers that may support streaming?

Member PSP User
    My wipeout pure browser is all fukd up I think its cause i'm in the 'wrong' country but thats just fuking bullshit I brought it here so they shouldnt sell it here