Thread: Im A Noob!!!1

1. #1 Im A Noob!!!1 
    Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core Limited Edition PSP

Im a noob when it comes to psp modding and hacking but I am not a noob when it comes to Final Fantasy.

I absolutely need this Limited Edition PSP(it wont be coming out in America they never give the limited edition stuff to anyone but asia)

What I would like to do is buy that bundle(yes I know it's the japanese version) and sell the japanese game, but keep the limited edition psp and mod/hack it to be a United States/English region psp.

I've searched all over many forums looking for answers and i've been told this can be done.

I tried reading the thread on how to make the battery and all that other stuff but im truly a noob when it comes down to it so idk what the hell to do.

What im asking is for someone with a lot of patience to please walk me through how to do this step by step...full detail, what battery to buy, how to do each and every thing.

On second thought...If someone could just define the technical stuff in that guide I could do it on my own
    Last edited by zoti; 09-18-2007 at 03:22 AM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker spleblem's Avatar
    first off mate.
    you will need to find out what firmware it comes with
    then you can downgrade to 1.5 and upgrade to custom firmware
    once you have custom firmware you will have no problems with regions.
    hope this helps you out.
    try having a read through the downgrader thread.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP EngrishKiller's Avatar
    I live in japan, and own a japanese psp. there is no difference. and what is this limited edition psp? i have not heared about. well, i will find out tomorrow when i go to the tokyo game show.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP shadyfist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EngrishKiller View Post
    I live in japan, and own a japanese psp. there is no difference. and what is this limited edition psp? i have not heared about. well, i will find out tomorrow when i go to the tokyo game show.
    Lucky bastard!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP EngrishKiller's Avatar
    I will let you all know, how it is.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    and get a copy of Lumines to assist in downgrading your psp.

1st psp ebay bought TA-082 2.71 sony->1.5->3.40OE-A->3.52M33->3.52M33-2->bricked from attempting custom theme->replacing with one from ebay->Fixed with Pandora's Battery after replacing

2nd psp ebay bought broke lcd, but work... TA-079 2.60->2.71->1.5->3.52 m33->3.52 m33-4(made Pandora's Battery with)

Senior Member I Modded My PSP lancermagi's Avatar
    CCFFVII psp slim are all fw 3.60.
    There are many online stores such as success hk and playasia sells them, but at a higher price. You can still get one now.

Region does not matter when you change cfw. But to change to cfw, you will need fat psp as well. This is required in order to make pandora's batt and magic memstick.
    Crisis Core FFVII PSP SLIM 5.00 M33-6

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker ilovejedd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lancermagi View Post
    Region does not matter when you change cfw. But to change to cfw, you will need fat psp as well. This is required in order to make pandora's batt and magic memstick.
    Or, you can buy the Datel orange battery. They even released a slim version so it doesn't stick out. It costs the same as their regular batteries, except the serial number on the orange batteries have been changed so you can enter service mode and install custom firmware. As of the moment, I'm not exactly sure how the CFW installation on a slim PSP works. Afaik, the only reason you needed a fat PSP was to prepare firmware files for installation because it's illegal for homebrew developers to release them since they're Sony copyrighted material. However, I've seen dumps of the magic memory stick floating around. Unfortunately, I'm unable to try stuff until I receive the batteries (2200mAH Sony) I ordered in the mail.

There are a bunch of people offering their help with Pandora. I got this list from maxconsole, I think. Check if there's someone in your area who might be able to help.

I plan on buying a slim Piano Black PSP and messing with that one. I'm not doing it to my Crisis Core PSP.

Checked the prices for the Limited Edition Crisis Core PSP on Success HK, Play-Asia and YesAsia. I think your best bet is Success HK. It's cheaper there and shipping is reasonable. I didn't even bother going the eBay route.
    -> still can't figure out why

Black US - 1.50
    Black US - 1.50 -> 3.03 OE-A -> 3.40* LE v3
    White JP - 2.00 -> 1.50 -> 3.03 OE-A
    2 x Crisis Core JP - 3.60
    Black US - 1.50 -> 3.40* LE v3
    Black US - 3.03 -> 1.50 -> 3.40* LE v3 -> 3.52 M33-4 -> 3.71 M33-2 -> 3.71 M33-3
    Black US - 3.40 OE-A -> 3.40* LE v3
    Felicia Blue JP - 3.71 -> 3.71 M33-3

"Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with every Microsoft product."

Quote Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
    Checked the prices for the Limited Edition Crisis Core PSP on Success HK, Play-Asia and YesAsia. I think your best bet is Success HK. It's cheaper there and shipping is reasonable. I didn't even bother going the eBay route.
    YEP! Thats where I got mine~

As for Datel, I wouldn't recommend since its a rip off from original pandora's programmers. There are topics on these at QJ i remember. However, that's my personal opinion. If getting the datel batt is convenient, by all means get it~

Lol, I actually pre-ordered mine from Play-Asia mid-July, I think, but that was before they jacked up their prices. I paid $330 for it, $300 for the PSP, $30 shipping.

I have no issues with the Datel battery except they should put a big disclaimer on the label regarding its limitations. The only thing they really did is change the serial number and packaging. They're selling "Tool" batteries for the same price as their regular batteries. Afaik, if he can get the MS dump (lots of downloads for those), then all he needs is the battery. Not everyone has credit cards or can use PayPal (a problem I had when I was younger) and this is an easy way of acquiring it. Just go to a local EBGames store and pay cash. Besides, let's face it, people who are looking to buy this battery know exactly what it's for.

If he wants to go the more politically correct route, then the list should be of help.

Black US - 1.50
    Black US - 3.03 -> 1.50 -> 3.40* LE v3 -> 3.52 M33-4 -> 3.71 M33-2 -> 3.71 M33-3

Quote Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
    Lol, I actually pre-ordered mine from Play-Asia mid-July, I think, but that was before they jacked up their prices. I paid $330 for it, $300 for the PSP, $30 shipping.
    Damn, I could have save 20 bucks if I did that. Unfortunately, I was very hesitant about changing one because I was afraid it might not be "homebrewable". And when I heard Team m33 homebrewed pspslim, I immediately check the prices of ccpspslim and bought it from successhk. Oh well, anyway, I am very satisfied now~haha

Quote Originally Posted by lancermagi View Post
    Damn, I could have save 20 bucks if I did that. Unfortunately, I was very hesitant about changing one because I was afraid it might not be "homebrewable". And when I heard Team m33 homebrewed pspslim, I immediately check the prices of ccpspslim and bought it from successhk. Oh well, anyway, I am very satisfied now~haha
    True, but I was actually really lucky to have gotten the order in. They opened pre-orders for a while (maybe 30 minutes?), but closed it immediately. I was checking their site regularly and they didn't accept pre-orders until a few weeks later, and by then, they've jacked up the price by a hundred bucks. I was determined to get the Crisis Core PSP regardless of whether it's homebrewable or not. Earlier, I had wanted to get the Advent Pieces Limited Edition, too, but alas, I only saved $150 for that. This time, I had more time to prepare.

Black US - 1.50