Thread: Won't connect

1. #1 Won't connect 
    When I try to connect to the internet my PSP says
    "A connection error has occurred.
    The key information has timed out."

How do I fix this problem?

Senior Member I Modded My PSP flashcheetah's Avatar
    MAke sure taht your signal strength is strong, also make sure that there isn't too many objects that can block the wireless signal from reaching your PSP. Like too many walls, Microwaves, Cordless phones, stuff like that. If that doesn't work, go to Power Save settings in you PSP menu and turn off WLAN Power Save and try that. Hope that helps..

Tried that and it didnt work.

psp4lyf
    Check my thread out below it might help. hope your problem gets resolved dude
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/wireles...t-newbies.html

Thanks, but it didn't help.

ive had the same problem.
    when we first got our router i was able to access the internet, now it wont let me.

7. #7 wont connct 
    i have done all the stuff you"ve told me to do but it keaps comin up with obtaining ip address time out

what do i do?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker tomaversa's Avatar
    you dont have a password on your wireless router do you, cause that could potential make that happen

Heres a few words of wisdom:

When life gives you lemons, find someone whose life is giving them vodka.

Never fry bacon naked....

Senior Member I Modded My PSP itzzspencer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaversa View Post
    you dont have a password on your wireless router do you, cause that could potential make that happen
    no, ive had that problem. if its passworded you wont get a client time out. for me, it was my router and my internet service. my router just sucks and i can never get 100% signal strength even when im sitting on it, and my internet service was acting really slow, so together i got the time out error. it came back when my internet wasnt so laggy anymore, so if you have slow internet or something, you might want to look into that

FW history: 3.95 -> 3.71 m33 -> 3.80 m33 -> 3.90M33-4 -> 4.01M33-2

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Tets's Avatar
    Internet access has nothing to do with connecting to a wireless access point. Even if your internet connection is cut off entirely, you'll still be able to access the local area network.

If you're getting an error message to the effect that it's timing out while obtaining an IP address, the problem is probably with DHCP. In that case, you set yourself up a static IP address on the PSP so it doesn't need to bother obtaining one.

1: When you come up to "Address Settings" in network setup, select custom, and at "IP Address Settings", select manual.

2: I suggest bringing up a command prompt in Windows (Start, Run, and type "cmd" and press enter). At the command prompt, type "ipconfig" and press enter.

3: ipconfig should give you most of the necessary information. Give your PSP a slightly different IP address. I have my PC set to a static IP address of 192.168.1.67, so I gave my PSP 192.168.1.68 because I knew it wasn't taken by any other device. Basically you only want to change the last number, the first three should be the same as on your PC.

4: Enter the next two values exactly as they are in the corresponding slots (Default Gateway is the same as Default Router) on the PSP.

5: For primary and secondary DNS, you can either find your ISP's DNS server addresses (probably in your router settings somewhere) or, if you're too lazy, use these two: 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220. These are maintained by OpenDNS and are free for anyone to use.

Once you're done with that, the rest of the settings should be easy. If you don't know what a proxy server is, you probably don't have one, blah blah...