Thread: PsP don't connect to pc via usb

1. #1 PsP don't connect to pc via usb 
    Hey guys, how can I delete files that are in the psp memory stick. Recently I copied a few software's to the memory, using it as a usb memory stick. And I also have videos and music on my psp. For a while, my psp was having a hard time booting up, via usb. And now, there's no connection at all, psp stays stuck on "please wait". I know it's one of my software's autorun files, conflicting with the psp autorun file, Im assuming that's why it won't auto boot. I want to know, how can I get access to the memory stick, with out using a pc. I read in some posts, saying that you can get in the stick by entering some address in the psp browser, to get in the psp folders. Please let me know how to access the folders, not via usb. So I can delete that conflicting folder/files?

Robert
    Last edited by rjapz; 09-29-2009 at 07:18 PM.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    what firmware do you have?

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Gameunreal's Avatar
    Uh.. it says in his avatar space???
    Also, how does the firmware matter, as all firmwares since the beta 1.00 support USB Connection to the pc :S

To have access to the files on the memory card without using the PSP you can use a memory card reader.
    To access the memory card files without using a PC you could try using a phone with a memory card slot and an adapter if it doesnt fit.

However, your problem sounds like it is a bad memory stick, which would explain why it can't establish a connection

Hi Gameunreal, thanks for the post, I don't have a memory reader. I tried the memory card reader on my friends computer, It doesn't have a small slot for a sony psp mem card. And I don't have any card slots on my cell.

I hope the stick is not bad, I don't think it is, cause I can access all my media files perfectly. I just can't add new one's, nor delete, with no connection to my pc. I know there's a way in the memory stick folders using the psp, i just don't know how.

Robert

Senior Asshole PSP Elite Hacker cowboycalstar's Avatar
    that's cause you need the memory stick adaptor instead of just sticking the pro duo in there.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    always ask first gameunreal, try updating your firmware, its a firmware issue that will fix it, but it could just as well be a driver issue on your pc

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!